Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

McGregor via Submission
    It's not on BT or anything though.?

I assume fight pass and youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Presser starts soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

Doubt it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Who decided this was a good idea over a press conference...?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Hold on, this is a Media Conference Call? Thats just a **** load of phone calls.

**** that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

For the first round and a half he was a heavy bag with eyeballs

:D

McGregor via Submission
    Conor holding off on ****e talk about Nate.
    Nate sounding high as ****!!!!

McG: "I'm plotting....."

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Yea Conor laying off the trash talk , bit more classier

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

McGregor via Submission
    Vintage Conor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

McGregor via Submission
    That tap out question rattled him.

• Advertisement

McGregor via Submission
    He's slowly gone back to ****e talk.

McGregor via Submission
    "I'm the Don"

Can hear Nate toking

Yea Conor laying off the trash talk , bit more classier

After getting the sh1t knocked out of him it's no wonder :)
    Humble in defeat in Conor talk :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Haha the two lads ganging up on the fast tap question journo was gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Diaz via Submission
    That conference call was idiocy.

Conor's inability to pronounce Brazilian names is stupid at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,402 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor via Submission
    If they'd made it at lightweight, then it actually would have made sense even for the rankings,but the welterweight nonsense spoils it completely imo.

If Conor wins, then I'd be pretty confident that they'll fight again at some stage in the future, at LW most likely. Down the line, it could be a huge rubber match, and a legitimate one especially with a belt involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

only realising yyou cant get it on fight pass now,wtf

McGregor via Submission
    gdavis wrote: »
    only realising yyou cant get it on fight pass now,wtf

PPV's are never live on fight pass

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Diaz via Submission
    Mellor wrote: »
    PPV's are never live on fight pass

They wore if your purchased them? Pretty ****ty to not be able to buy the cards you wanted now it limits my reward points :( Here's the confirmation email anyway. The way I'm reading the below though is no main events will be available on fight pass now which is absolute poxy.
    Dear UFC Fan,

My name is Eric Winter and I'm the UFC Senior Vice President and General Manager of UFC FIGHT PASS.

I writing to make you aware of significant changes to our content offering to our UFC FIGHT PASS customers based in the Republic of Ireland like yourself.

Beginning with this weekend's UFC FIGHT NIGHT in Salt Lake City, and going forward, this is how you can access UFC action on UFC FIGHT PASS.

1. The UFC FIGHT PASS Prelims remain exclusively live on UFC FIGHT PASS
    All UFC events begin with a series of bouts live and exclusive to UFC FIGHT PASS. This includes the popular Featured Bout - which showcases the biggest names and most exciting emerging talents.

This weekend's Featured Bout sees featherweight contenders Cub Swanson and Tatsuya Kawajiri collide.

2. The UFC Prelims remain live on UFC FIGHT PASS
    The Preliminary bouts are streamed live to Republic of Ireland UFC FIGHT PASS subscribers. They are also live on BT Sport.

3. UFC Main Cards — available on UFC FIGHT PASS just 48 hours after the event
    The main cards of every UFC event — including the August 20 main event between Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor — will now be available, on-demand, just two days after the show takes place.

All UFC main cards are live on BT Sport and are no longer available for Pay-Per-View purchase on UFC.TV.

Taken with UFC FIGHT PASS's increased commitment to live MMA, kickboxing and submission grappling action, the advent of the UFC FIGHT PASS Prelims Featured Bout, our new Original programming and the expansion of our fight library to over 10,000 historical bouts, we believe UFC FIGHT PASS continues to represent unbeatable value to fight fans.

If you have any further questions, please check out THIS FAQ or hit myself and the team up on Twitter at @elwinter and @UFCFIGHTPASS.

Warm regards,
    Eric Winter

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

how will this affect the overall ppv numbers, time to cancel fight pass me thinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Diaz via Decision
    gdavis wrote: »
    how will this affect the overall ppv numbers, time to cancel fight pass me thinks

We wouldn't know because the only numbers we ever hear about in the US are purchases via traditional PPV and even they can be skewed.

McGregor via Submission
    ASOT wrote: »
    They wore if your purchased them?

You purchase PPV main cards on UFC.tv, not fightpass. You don't need a FightPass account to buy a PPV event. It's different service.
    I'm not just nitpicking at the correct name either, the difference is really relevant when talking about terms of service.

The above reads to me as if they are no longer showing non-PPV main events live on fight pass. There's is now a two day delay. PPVs also have a two day delay now. Previously it was much longer (a month?)
    It says nothing about changes to PPV main events.

Could well be a blackout there too. Check here and see what comes up?
    https://www.ufc.tv/events

I have the option to buy UFC202 for $49.99 (SD)

Diaz via Submission
    You purchase PPV main cards on UFC.tv, not fightpass. You don't need a FightPass account to buy a PPV event. It's different service.
    I'm not just nitpicking at the correct name either, the difference is really relevant when talking about terms of service.

The above reads to me as if they are no longer showing non-PPV main events live on fight pass. There's is now a two day delay. PPVs also have a two day delay now. Previously it was much longer (a month?)
    It says nothing about changes to PPV main events.

Could well be a blackout there too. Check here and see what comes up?
    https://www.ufc.tv/events

I have the option to buy UFC202 for $49.99 (SD)

I always bought them through my fight pass account specifically by going to fight pass to the event and purchasing it, I wasnt aware I was redirected to UFC.tv at all to be honest.

Exactly that's what I said it reads to me that no main events will be available on fight pass again which is pretty ****ty because it was handier than bt in most cases for smaller events. The two day delay for ppvs if that actually happens is the only positive to take from it.

The event is unavailable on that link for ROI customers as Eir has a black out for the event.

McGregor via Submission
    I always bought them through my fight pass account specifically by going to fight pass to the event and purchasing it, I wasnt aware I was redirected to UFC.tv at all to be honest.
    Yeah, the Fight pass subscription and events are both separately added to your account. I have an account but only ever used it for events, I've never had fight pass on there.

The event is unavailable on that link for ROI customers as Eir has a black out for the event.
    What's Eir?
    Are they showing it instead of BT?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

So the likes of an FS1 main card is that gone now too on fight pass or is just numbered events that will no longer be available.

Diaz via Submission
    Yeah, the Fight pass subscription and events are both separately added to your account. I have an account but only ever used it for events, I've never had fight pass on there.

What's Eir?
    Are they showing it instead of BT?

Ah I see, I just done it all through fight pass so I just assumed it was all just done through that!

Eir have bought setanta etc so they have the rights to show bt and it's channels in Ireland, I forgot you were in Oz! Essentially it's Eircom.

McGregor via Submission
    Ah I see, I just done it all through fight pass so I just assumed it was all just done through that!

Eir have bought setanta etc so they have the rights to show bt and it's channels in Ireland, I forgot you were in Oz! Essentially it's Eircom.
    Well if they own the rights to all events inc PPV's they might try and get PPVs blacked out. But I doubt it will happen.

It's the same with Fox sports for me here. They show the normal events and fight pass blacked out, and I have the option of buying PPVs on the TV, but can still buy it from UFC.tv too.

I usually just go to the pub though.

Diaz via Submission
    Well if they own the rights to all events inc PPV's they might try and get PPVs blacked out. But I doubt it will happen.

It's the same with Fox sports for me here. They show the normal events and fight pass blacked out, and I have the option of buying PPVs on the TV, but can still buy it from UFC.tv too.

I usually just go to the pub though.

201 wasn't blacked out but 202 is anyway, I'm just worried about the email Eric Winter sent last night to all the ROI subscribers, the one I posted above reads as if we won't get main events in fight pass which is a pain, I have other ways to watch it in HD also but fight pass was handier. What time do events be on over there Kate afternoon is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

201 wasn't blacked out but 202 is anyway, I'm just worried about the email Eric Winter sent last night to all the ROI subscribers, the one I posted above reads as if we won't get main events in fight pass which is a pain, I have other ways to watch it in HD also but fight pass was handier. What time do events be on over there Kate afternoon is it?

UFC 203 is available to buy on UFC.tv for Irish people. Eir look to have gotten an exclusive deal on McGregor fights though.

• Advertisement

McGregor via Submission
    What time do events be on over there Kate afternoon is it?
    Usually Sunday afternoon. Exact time varies depending on the time difference, im 9 hours ahead half the year, 11 hours the other half.

The main event tomorrow is 12-3pm.

Advertisement