Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Diaz via Submission
    ted1 wrote: »
    Paddy Bsrnes cited having to make a big cut as the reason he must today and simply didn't have the energy. Diaz is reported 200lb at the moment . Will have to cut so much affect him?

He's not 200lbs so he has nothing to worry about.

McGregor via Submission
    Paddy Bsrnes cited having to make a big cut as the reason he must today and simply didn't have the energy. Diaz is reported 200lb at the moment . Will have to cut so much affect him?

I dont think Diaz cutting to 170 wil be any problem at all, I mean he is normally a 155er. Id say all those pics of him apparently being at 200 pounds are after he has worked out and has a bit of a pump going. I would guess he is less than 200 by a good bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Diaz via Submission
    Paddy Barnes cited having to make a big cut as the reason he must today and simply didn't have the energy. Diaz is reported 200lb at the moment . Will have to cut so much affect him?

Nate Diaz has never weighed 200lbs in his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

McGregor via Submission

He was asked in the conference call the other night was it true. It hesitated and gave an unconvincing yes. McGregor starting laughing.

Diaz via Submission
    Of course he's going to say he's bigger than he is and Conor's camp are going to claim he's sub 170, they're all just playing head games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,783 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'd say he's smoked about 200 lbs in his life though..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Squeaky bum time now. Every morning consists of nervous scrolling through Facebook hoping there's no bad news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Paddy Barnes cited having to make a big cut as the reason he must today and simply didn't have the energy. Diaz is reported 200lb at the moment . Will have to cut so much affect him?

Its different in amateur boxing . You have to weigh in the day of each fight .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

McGregor via Submission
    Any media events lined up? Or is there nothing till the weighins

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    Good chat between Robin & Dan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

McGregor via Submission
    Why is the scar tissue such an issue with the Diaz brothers? Surely they're not the only fighters who've been in enough scraps to be affected by the excessive bleeding associated with them? Seems to be mentioned a lot but I don't get why it would be a problem nearly exclusive to them?

Not the only ones and far from the first. Rogan's spoke about loads of fighters having surgeries to remove scar tissue. The 1st I remember hearing about it in UFC was Marcus Davis.

Temp/humidity difference between Belfast & Rio is HUGE! Paddy qualified for the games that long ago he hasn't had to made weight in something like 2 years they said yesterday. While Diaz' social media pictures show him finishing a triathlon or sparring with Andre Ward, Paddy's pictures show him running around the Tayto crisp park with his family or doing hot wing eating challenges to help promote new bar/restaurants :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

http://www.punditarena.com/mmaufc/sraftery/john-kavanagh-2/

Maybe there was some truth to the suggestion here conor was suffering with an infection against nate.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

McGregor via Submission
    Lads..NO talk of illegal streams and VPN's etc means that..NO TALK..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Diaz via Submission
    Er.. can I ask why Conor has never adapted his fight prep to his opponent before? I thought that's what everyone did.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

McGregor via Submission
    cloudatlas wrote: »
    Er.. can I ask why Conor has never adapted his fight prep to his opponent before? I thought that's what everyone did.

Because he was so used to guys pulling out of fights that he didn't want to be caught out by replacements. Sadly, that's what happened with Diaz a bit, as well as Nate just being better than him in a few key areas of the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Diaz via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

McGregor via Submission
    Apparently Peter Queally was pencilled in to face Tim Means but for Visa issues. Unfortunate, would've been nice to have another Irishman on the card.

Diaz via Submission
    stephenl15 wrote: »
    Apparently Peter Queally was pencilled in to face Tim Means but for Visa issues. Unfortunate, would've been nice to have another Irishman on the card.

Woukd have bored everyone to death though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

McGregor via Submission
    ASOT wrote: »
    Woukd have bored everyone to death though.

Yeah that 0% finish rate isn't great :P It just goes to show how being in the right place at the right time can help (but for the visa issue obviously).

Diaz via Submission
    stephenl15 wrote: »
    Yeah that 0% finish rate isn't great :P It just goes to show how being in the right place at the right time can help (but for the visa issue obviously).

I'd say he will get on eventually through Conor but he's not ufc standard at all, really didn't like the way he went on after he won at efc he seems like a moron.

• Advertisement

Diaz via Submission
    Peter Queally, the second coming of Pendred.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Diaz via Submission
    Peter Queally, the second coming of Pendred.

I thought that was Artem and his it doesn't matter that I lose I take the fights that nobody else will attitude.

Diaz via Submission
    I thought that was Artem and his it doesn't matter that I lose I take the fights that nobody else will attitude.

Artem gets finishes when he wins. The other lads are prepetual 29-28 split decision merchants.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,402 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor via Submission
    He does. That's pretty obvious looking at his training videos.
    It stemmed from a comment made after a fighter was changed. This was during the rise up the ranks

I think his comment meant: "It doesn't matter, I'm training to beat them all anyway". And not "I never prepare for a specific opponent".

That's absolutely the way a newcomer should be thinking. Outside the top 10 fighters are just going to come in and rock their A game. Not taking a fight on short notice, is essentially saying I'm not significantly better than that guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Diaz via Decision
    I think the comment you are thinking of was after Mendes stepped in and the legend of when they told Conor (well Kavanaghs version anyway, cause Whites is different) Kavanagh said he woke him up, told him Aldo was out and who he wanted instead, he said "It doesn't matter, they're all the same"

The no specific camp thing was more from Kavanagh too I thought? Not the way the gym operates, its about using each session to improve yourself rather then focus on an opponent. It was ****e talk aswell obviously but almost sure it came from John before Conor. The new narrative is they didn't train for specific opponents because they had so many pull outs, now dropping the just focused on self improvement angle seemingly.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Apparently they cant shift the tickets for this .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

TheNap wrote:
    Apparently they cant shift the tickets for this .

Nosebleeds start at $365. Still a huge amount left on Ticketmaster. Fcuk them, ridiculous price

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    I was gonna say because they are celeb priced tix but them jammy shytes get free tickets anyway. Mad money for seats but someones gotta pay Connor/Nates bill.

Yeah im dleighted they cant shift them after i paid mad money for 194

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Insane prices

Advertisement