Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Does Conor drop 'El Chapo' as his walkout song for this fight? Felt it was a big mistake at last Diaz fight, changed the luck by changing walkout music
    Reckon he will go back to the old music? could be the decisive factor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Diaz via Submission
    LaGlisse wrote: »
    Does Conor drop 'El Chapo' as his walkout song for this fight? Felt it was a big mistake at last Diaz fight, changed the luck by changing walkout music
    Reckon he will go back to the old music? could be the decisive factor

Said this to the lads when it was on, I didn't like that be changed it. Mainly because I love hypnotise but the routine was compleatly different for that fight haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Deadst4r wrote: »

That was crazy

If the fight was using Anchorman rules of no punches to the face McGregor would walk it.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Diaz via Decision
    Oh great, Ido's back!! We're saved!!!

*leaves thread*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Diaz via Submission
    DeVore wrote: »
    Oh great, Ido's back!! We're saved!!!

*leaves thread*

Don't worry, Roddy is punching Conor in the stomach as we speak. All is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Lukker- wrote: »
    Not the most in depth breakdowns but good none the less:

Like how Nate Diaz video is 4:20 long

Robin Black is crazy... :eek:

However, one thing I do really feel he's spot on with is the, eherm... 'flim flam'...

One thing that's attracted so many people to watching McGregor is his movement, and that movement isn't just there for himself, it is completely about expressing himself, and that's something that's very rare to see within a combat sport. It's a joy to watch.

As much as Ido seems to be a bad word around here the guy really does know his stuff and there's a reason why McGregor popped up on his radar. That movement in combat sport is the progression to artistry. When McGregor is moving like that he's enjoying himself, and fighters who enjoy themselves in the ring tend to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Just cut a few pounds to 165.

I'm not sure he will.. In his media run he said he's 'under weight' and then said he wakes up on weight. That suggests he won't be cutting anything at all...

But he looks a lot leaner right now than the last fight. He had a bit of pudge on his cheeks at 168... He doesn't have any of that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Diaz via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

McGregor via Submission
    Deadst4r wrote: »

Feck!
    I'm starting to change my opinion of what McG might achieve in the rematch.

• Advertisement

Does Roddy punch him in the face too? Diaz will be punching his face.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Isn't that something boxers do normally as their training, except it's a medicine ball and not a punch that hits their stomach?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Diaz via Submission
    It's utterly pointless and just for show. And Owen wasn't even going 50%

Looks great for camera though.

Funnily enough I saw 4 minutes of him sparring with Wallace from the other day on a lad from SBG's phone today that he got sent as part of a group chat and Wallace was pucking the head off him. Zero head movement and completely flat footed, walking forward hands down.

If he pulls that next Saturday it'll be an early shower.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Funnily enough I saw 4 minutes of him sparring with Wallace from the other day on a lad from SBG's phone today that he got sent as part of a group chat and Wallace was pucking the head off him. Zero head movement and completely flat footed, walking forward hands down.

On the MacLife vids of them sparring it looks like McGregor is in trouble a bit on them, and they're edited ones.

Diaz via Submission
    CatFromHue wrote: »
    On the MacLife vids of them sparring it looks like McGregor is in trouble a bit on them, and they're edited ones.

Look, there's no shame in being outboxed by Wallace, he's a fantastic amateur boxer with great hands. But the stuff I saw was just suicidal. Wallace, obviously, wasn't trying to put him away or hurt him, just loads of light quick jabs and 1-2 combos, mimicking Nate's style, but Conor was just walking into everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

You think its an over confidence thing? Or is mgregor just overhyped? I wouldn't have thought a champion of a division in MMA (whose strength is boxing) would be outclassed by an amateur?

Diaz via Submission
    I wouldn't have thought a champion of a division in MMA (whose strength is boxing) would be outclassed by an amateur?

Conor isn't an elite boxer, he's an mma fighter with good hands, there's a massive difference.

Being an elite level amateur boxer isn't like being an amateur football or rugby player, being an elite level amateur means you're one of the best in the world. Conor Wallace is a 6 time national champion. In a boxing match there's probably nobody at his weight in professional MMA who would be able to touch him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

You think its an over confidence thing? Or is mgregor just overhyped? I wouldn't have thought a champion of a division in MMA (whose strength is boxing) would be outclassed by an amateur?

You have to be a jack of all trades in mma

If McGregor even threw a kick at Wallace he wouldn't have a notion what to do, assuming he's only ever trained boxing mind

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Upgrade the software without damaging the hardware 😂

Interesting press conference here. What stoodbout for me was, from Conor's opening comments, the training sounded really amateur up to the Diaz fight.

No schedules? Rest days? Apportioned time in gymk etc.

• Advertisement

Oh man. Couple of things are very funny in that video.

1. The WWE dweebs
    2. Jon Jones & Lesnar 'I dont give a shìt... fuçk them both'

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

It's utterly pointless and just for show. And Owen wasn't even going 50%

Looks great for camera though.

If he pulls that next Saturday it'll be an early shower.

EDITED: To avoid controversy. Absolutely embarrassing to read the butt-hurt of one of the most prominent posters here every day. Cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Was at wimp to warrior tonight in drimnagh....John kavanagh was there....great to see him support the guys and ladies that sbg have trained for 6 months and culminated in an amazing night...but would that disrupt Conor's training camp or at least play with his mind a little?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

It's definitely fight week. Logging out, whoever is brave enough to keep an eye on the ensuing madness, good luck!

Diaz via Submission
    joeguevara wrote: »
    Was at wimp to warrior tonight in drimnagh....John kavanagh was there....great to see him support the guys and ladies that sbg have trained for 6 months and culminated in an amazing night...but would that disrupt Conor's training camp or at least play with his mind a little?

Him not being there now wouldn't mean anything. The heavy lifting is done, they won't be sparring or even really drilling much anymore and Roddy is still there anyway. JK will be back in Vegas Tuesday anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Destiiny

Depp wrote: »
    only banned in competition so if he lays off it for a day or two it wont show up I think, not sure on the actual levels allowed

Its not allowed, pretty sure theres been bans for it before

Wasnt his brother Nick Diaz banned for 5 years for it?

Diaz via Submission
    Destiiny wrote: »
    Its not allowed, pretty sure theres been bans for it before

Wasnt his brother Nick Diaz banned for 5 years for it?

For use in competition. And the ban was a joke, it was overturned and reduced to 18 months, which is still ridiculous.

It's not banned at all outside of competition, Nate could be doing a bong right now while pissing for a USADA agent and he'd be fine for Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Destiiny

For use in competition. And the ban was a joke, it was overturned and reduced to 18 months, which is still ridiculous.

It's not banned at all outside of competition, Nate could be doing a bong right now while pissing for a USADA agent and he'd be fine for Saturday.

Oh I see. Yeah I dont see Cannabis as PAD whatsoever, doesnt Michael Phelps puff too?
    Seems so common these days with the decrimilisation of it in many countries I guess theyll take it off the list eventually

Diaz via Submission
    In competition it's seen as a PED because it's a relaxant and it dulls pain a little, but outside of competition it does nothing to improve performance, unless making your hungry counts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Beersmith

And it should still be banned in competition, you don't want someone fighting when high, dangerous for them. They just need to raise the limit allowable.

Advertisement