Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

075450107bdada3d3272793c8265042e.png

Date: Saturday 20th August
    Times: Fight Pass Prelims (11:30pm, Fight Pass), Prelims (1am, Fight Pass & BT Sport 2), Main Card (3am, BT Sport 2)
    Venue: Las Vegas, Nevada
    Odds: Diaz (9/8) v McGregor (10/11)
    Other: Weigh-ins take place Friday 19th August at 11pm our time.

What time will the McGregor fight be on?
    It's difficult to give a precise time, but tune in from 5am to be safe. Worst case scenario, you won't be waiting too long.

How can I watch the event?
    Fight Pass Prelims are live on Fight Pass (free trial for new users or €7.99 a month. Subscribe here.). Fight Pass will also get you the Prelims live, while the Prelims are also broadcast on BT Sport.

Since last week, the only legal way to view the main card of UFC events now is to have access to BT Sport. Sky customers can subscribe via the usual means, while Eir broadband customers can get BT Sport for free on their Sky box by providing Eir with their viewing card number. Eir broadband customers can also access BT Sport online for free by following the instructions here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

McGregor via Submission
    It just got serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    Good man Pauly. ****ing horse bollox that i can't watch this legally and will have to settle for a ****ty steam that will probably cut out.

Should be a cracking fight if Conor doesn't get sucked into looking for the ko early.

jimmii wrote: »
    It just got serious.

Poll should have been: "what day will the injury news come?" :pac:

McGregor via Submission
    Aaaaaawwwww Yeeeeeaaaaa

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/764869358267105280

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,394 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor via Submission
    What time is McGregor fighting?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

55% voted for a McGregor KO/TKO? I seriously hope so but surely if Conor is to win it will be by decision?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Diaz via Submission
    Having Anthony Borudain doing the voice overs for the build up shows is the smartest thing the UFC have done in years, and it was Rogan's idea. Dude is clever.

Diaz via Submission
    Nate looking swole.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJG5cx1g0Tz/

• Registered Users Posts: 39,394 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor via Submission

Plot twist:
    They were playing touch butt in the park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor via Submission
    Bad Blood which aired earlier tonight is online now.

Diaz via Submission
    Mellor wrote: »
    Plot twist:
    They were playing touch butt in the park

The pool noodles are just out of shot.

nate looks huge there, like a middle weight. his upper chest and abs are never that thick looking I don't think. He was probably doing pushups before the photo but damn he looks big.

in fairness McGregor looks big too

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI6d0qPhY25/?taken-by=thenotoriousmma&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

McGregor via Submission
    I'm normally not one to let my heart rule my head but I can't help it for this fight so I've gone McGregor TKO. I know I'm probably investing too much into McG & JK's comments about how different this camp was.

Have a 30th to go to beforehand so will do my best to remain relatively sober til 5am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

McGregor via Submission
    killwill wrote: »
    55% voted for a McGregor KO/TKO? I seriously hope so but surely if Conor is to win it will be by decision?

The way I see it he either knocks Diaz out or he don't , while I can see him staying loose and on the outside I can't see him going for the decision the only thing that will make him feel "avenged" is a stoppage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Anyone heading over to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I honestly see it as 50/50 about how the fight is gonna go. I suppose that's what makes it more exciting. So many unknown factors! How much sharper will a full camp make Nate? Will the new found pressure affect him at all? Has Conor's cardio really been elevated to 5 round level and what new techniques is he bringing to the table?

I voted Conor by decision but can see most are voting KO/TKO. I suppose it's well possible with a well placed power left hand to the chin on Nate moving forward after several rounds of cumulative shots. A well placed head-kick could mean lights out either (watched the Josh Thomson match last night). Even if his face is cut up too much and they have to stop because of bleeding.

Although Conor could easily get knocked out too if his tank fails a bit too early and his evasive movement isn't 100%. Wouldn't mind seeing a small bit of the fight go to the ground just to show if Conor could escape it and get back to the feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'm rooting for Conor obviously but I also love the Diaz brothers so this fight is a win win for me, same as the first one.

I also agree with above. I hope there's some element of the fight on the ground. Mainly so people will stop ****ing on about his "really bad ground game"

McGregor via Submission
    "Conor McGregor - Welterweight" :pac: looks very strange

Also Nate spot on about the Woodley/GSP text messaging about making a fight.

McGregor via Submission
    Great breakdown by the Outlaw

The BJJ explanation at 08.30 is mandatory viewing imo. Conor was doing the right things but the little things Nate was doing was just genius.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Diaz via Submission
    Diaz by sub in the 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Diaz via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

zuutroy wrote: »
    Anyone heading over to it?

Unfortunately seems like it's going to be extremely quiet in terms of Irish supporters compared to the last few. Understandable so I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Diaz via Decision
    Do people really believe McGregor will win this even after watching the last one? My God.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That Dan Hardy analysis was absolutely brilliant. I'd like to see him and Goldberg do commentary together when Rogan cuts down his schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Diaz via Submission
    That_Guy wrote: »
    That Dan Hardy analysis was absolutely brilliant. I'd like to see him and Goldberg do commentary together when Rogan cuts down his schedule.

I can see cruz retiring and going into it full time, him and Dan would be class.

Also for the poll I went with McGregor KO but I think it will be a doctor stoppage In the third.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

I was listening to McGregor on Ariel Helwani hour and he didn't seem to understand that he won't be dealing with Lorenzo anymore.

McGregor via Submission
    Is there many irish going over to this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

That_Guy wrote: »
    Was fantastic I thought, especially the breakdown of the transitions at the end of the fight. I saw a few alright but there was still loads of little things I missed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

McGregor via Submission
    Lads has anyone got a fight club weigh in early access pass they could hook me up with?

Heading over alone on Thurs & see online it's in the Grand Marquee Ballroom at the MGM which only has a capacity of 6k, worried about not getting in

Cheers :)

Advertisement