Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Diaz via Submission
    i despair at how stupid society is these days.

13-1. Victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Diaz via Submission
    Ido needs to work on his cardio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Mellor wrote: »
    He thinks he invented beards, oh jesus...:D
    He does look a bit Jesusy to be fair :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    I think Conor wins by KO in the 3rd. Also, I see him proposing to Dee in the Octagon straight after the win...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Diaz via Submission
    God. Donald Cerrone is a dork. Conor will still rely on his left hand to KO Nate, lose the game plan, go straight in there again and Nate will land the same heavy shots that stunned Conor before and get him to the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Diaz via Decision
    Great breakdown from Hardy.

Head still says Diaz, never liked the original match up. RDA pulling out was worst thing ever to happen to Conor. Conor does looked to have adapted however lets see what happens. Stick and move, pepper him with low kicks might be the only way to get the W here, 5 full rounds of scoring and running out of poor positions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

McGregor via Submission
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Press conference tomorrow at 9pm our time.

Or about 10pm McGregor time :D
    zuutroy wrote: »
    I'm heading over with BA on Friday.

FYI & ANYONE ELSE GOING!!!!!

On fight day hide your flag going into the venue! I don't know why, but at 196 they were taking tricolours away from anyone going through security. I still had mine in my backpocket so I was alright but there were hardly any to be seen inside the MGM. Some lads said they had their flags around their shoulders walking up and at the security gates had it taken off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

McGregor via Submission
    I think conor will make amends for the last fight if he sticks to the gameplan, maybe a doctor stoppage rnd 4 my guess, no way he's going to even attempt to take the head off diaz early this time
    A fifth round would be very interesting if diaz happens to be well behind
    will diaz be able to goad conor into a brawl though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Just watched the Bad Blood and 3 episodes of Embedded.

Everytime is shows McGregor i think he will win and there is no way he can lose.

Then they show Diaz and i think he will win and there is no way he can lose.

UFC playing games with me .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

McGregor via Submission
    cloudatlas wrote: »
    God. Donald Cerrone is a dork.

He has looked absolutely nasty at welterweight though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

McGregor via Submission
    TheNap wrote: »
    Just watched the Bad Blood and 3 episodes of Embedded.

Everytime is shows McGregor i think he will win and there is no way he can lose.

Then they show Diaz and i think he will win and there is no way he can lose.

UFC playing games with me .

I am the exact same.

But when you put it all down on paper, Diaz is just favourite to win in every area.

Yet I STILL can't help thinking Conor will put it out of the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    I know Eddie is just looking for a money fight but 'conor is a good talker, he has to be because he is not too good a fighter' :pac:

http://www.the42.ie/ufc-fighters-predictions-ufc-202-main-event-2931929-Aug2016/?utm_source=twitter_self

Diaz via Submission
    Have to laugh at Michael Chiesa too
    Diaz all day. I don’t think Conor wants this fight as much as he says he does and I think Nate will ‘Stockton Slap’ his way to a win

The only reason this fight is happening because Conor wants it so bad :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Diaz via Submission
    Khabib

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Diaz via Submission
    Looking forward to the face off tonight

Have to laugh at Michael Chiesa too

The only reason this fight is happening because Conor wants it so bad :D

that guy bugs the hell out of me, he looks like skinny **** grizzly adams just dropped!! with 50/50 odds, almost order of the day, even a broken clock is right twice a day, shut de fook up Chiesa. I cannot understand how these idiots are so quick to tweet about this stuff but say feck all about the lesnar and jones fiasco!!! mmmm makes you wonder eh!! speak no evil and all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Diaz via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

McGregor via Submission
    cloudatlas wrote: »
    Ido needs to work on his cardio.

Are you referring to the treadmill? That was Dillon Danis who was brought in to help Conor prepare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Saipanne wrote: »
    Khabib
    I'd say Alvarez is praying to every god he can think of that Shelby doesn't make that match

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭rondog

I think he means Ido on the bike.He was miles behind Conor and his partner and only caught up with them on the video a while later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Looked like poor Ido was last in the queue to pick their bikes, his one was only a small step up from a penny-farthing

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭EoineyM

Love Diaz's way of avoiding all the "I'm gonna beat you" "No, I'm gonna crush your hips" back and forth that goes on before most fights (and definitely would have gone on if McGregor had won the first one). He just says things like "He thinks hes gonna win, I think I'm gonna win, we're gonna see" or else last time when he said "He better hope he knocks me out". It ends the discussion straight away and avoids the pressure of finishing in a particular way or a specific round. Also, the UFC using the "Bad Blood" tagline for promoting the fight aint very accurate - both fighters clearly respect each other a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

McGregor via Submission
    Is there a presser this week? tho what's the point it's all been done to death........assuming the weigh-ins will be late 12ish Friday night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Diaz via Submission
    rondog wrote: »
    I think he means Ido on the bike.He was miles behind Conor and his partner and only caught up with them on the video a while later.

They were all slow as feck. Conor was on an expensive carbonfibre road bike and some lad on a heavy aluminium mountain bike with chunky tyres was doddling along beside him.

Glasses of HTFU needed all around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Pretty cool poster
    CqDGBGCWgAUqTAJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

They were all slow as feck. Conor was on an expensive carbonfibre road bike and some lad on a heavy aluminium mountain bike with chunky tyres was doddling along beside him.

Glasses of HTFU needed all around.

That's Julian Dalby former national cycling champion. I highly doubt he's riding an aluminum bike tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭xtal191

McGregor via Submission
    sonofenoch wrote: »
    Is there a presser this week? tho what's the point it's all been done to death........assuming the weigh-ins will be late 12ish Friday night

Tonight at 9

Diaz via Submission
    Lukker- wrote: »
    That's Julian Dalby former national cycling champion. I highly doubt he's riding an aluminum bike tbh

You can see the welds on the frame. I doubt he brought his own bike over, and I doubt he asked for a mountain bike for road training.
    Even if it was a carbon-fibre frame it would still be massively heavier, has wider, lower gearing and the tyres are still twice as wide and designed for off road use and has front suspension forks which add more weight and mean you lose part of your power transfer from ever pedal thanks to the compression of the forks.

Diaz via Submission
    BT Sport interviewed Nate today, asked him what he weighs right now, he woke up at 176 and was 182 last week, was never anywhere near 200.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Diaz via Submission
    BT Sport interviewed Nate today, asked him what he weighs right now, he woke up at 176 and was 182 last week, was never anywhere near 200.

No he clearly was 200 mate his boxing coach and Chael Sonnen said it.

Advertisement