Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

McGregor via Submission
    Nate Diaz has property in Conors head and has moved the whole team in.

How the mind games have been flipped.

I think Conor will have something up his sleeve for the weigh in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Diaz via Submission
    magma69 wrote: »
    Speaking for a lot more than myself, but not all.

Your talking ****e mate.

Mod Note: Keep it civil

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

froog wrote:
    Most likely conor and Nate planned it but UFC probably involved too. Come on like, this just added a good few million to the buys.

So you think Nate and Conor had an old friendly sit down and planned this? Not a chance. That was all Nate...and Nick no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

ASOT wrote: »
    Your talking ****e mate.

Yeah, every single MMA fan, bar myself, is delighted to see pissed up McGregor fans who don't know the difference between an arm bar and a triangle behaving like twats at events.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor via Submission
    About 10 SBG heads at the bottom right of the stage.

As Nate walked along the back he said to them: "..fcuk all you Irish mother****ers" that was the point at which Conor said shut your mouth to him.

You can hear it in this clip at around 50 seconds in:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Yeah, every single MMA fan, bar myself, is delighted to see pissed up McGregor fans who don't know the difference between an arm bar and a triangle behaving like twats at events.

Most of them don't feel the need to act all superior about it though either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Kinda just proving my point about how some actual MMA fans are put off following McGregor.

What are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ugh, disappointing... Becuase that's 1-0 to Diaz. Absolutely in his head. Where's the McGregor laugh gone? That's what riles up people. When he doesn't appear to take them seriously. Aldo can't sleep at night because of that laugh.

Diaz via Submission

Stop acting like your above anyone because your not, fans are fans. If anything the sport needs less people like yourself. Thankfully the majority of fans are welcoming or the UFC more than likely wouldn't be around today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

.ak wrote: »
    Ugh, disappointing... Becuase that's 1-0 to Diaz. Absolutely in his head. Where's the McGregor laugh gone? That's what riles up people. When he doesn't appear to take them seriously. Aldo can't sleep at night because of that laugh.

Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Diaz via Submission
    ASOT wrote: »
    Stop acting like your above anyone because your not, fans are fans. If anything the sport needs less people like yourself. Thankfully the majority of fans are welcoming or the UFC more than likely wouldn't be around today.

Thankfully real fans don't act like magma.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

McGregor via Submission
    I don't think actual MMA fans are happy the likes of you are interested. Can't speak for them all obviously.

What obnoxious, condescending wankery.

McGregor via Submission
    Ugh, disappointing... Becuase that's 1-0 to Diaz.

Don't agree at all.

Walking out while talking shit just makes the Diaz bros & co look like muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ChrisM

McGregor via KO/TKO
    What presser were u watching?

What did you make of it?

D.Q wrote: »
    Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

Sometimes.. but not this time! That's what Diaz wants. Infact, you could say that's how he won the fight the first time, both inside and outside the ring!

Don't agree at all.

But he got McGregor wound up. Job done. Under his skin. That's what McGregor usually does, and it's very effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Diaz via Submission
    Don't agree at all.

Conors reaction makes him look like an angry twelve year old.

McGregor via Submission

Are you kidding me? For fcuking cans back at a pack of dopes that had just fcuked them at him??

They are the ones walking backwards while mouthing. That's what 12-year-olds would do.

Weigh in should be interesting.

Yeah, getting thick... Like has he ever done that with any other fighter?

I loved the world tour build up to the Aldo fight, mostly because of his trolling. I can't see Aldo ever beating McGregor when he keeps winding him up like that.

Diaz will think job done here.

Are you kidding me? For fcuking cans back at a pack of dopes that had just fcuked them at him??

They are the ones walking backwards while mouthing. That's what 12-year-olds would do.

But had he let them walk out and just laughed at them who'd look worse? Them. They wanted a reaction, got one. The fact McGregor reacted like he did means Diaz is under his skin. Mind games, totally won by Diaz.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

McGregor via Submission
    pudzey101 wrote: »
    I think Conor will have something up his sleeve for the weigh in :D

He sends in this guy to f**k with everyones head :D

91581011-750x340-1457193417.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

ChrisM wrote:
    What did you make of it?

Nate kicked off the whole thing. Conor reacted to having cans thrown at his head. That was all Nate and Nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

i only saw one guy storming off in a huff like a 12 year old. not sure how that makes diaz "in his head".

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    Nate and nick planned that walkout but one of their crew can be seen throwing a bottle first. Apparently it just missed an SBG lad down front and conor retaliated.

Diaz via Submission
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Nate and nick planned that walkout but one of their crew can be seen throwing a bottle first. Apparently it just missed an SBG lad down front and conor retaliated.

Nate throws the first bottle to kick it off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

A good few million? WTF are you talking about? How many buys do you expect the event to get?

i have no idea how many buys these things sell and i don't care. point is it just got sold a lot more after this little scene. you're extremely naive if you think this was all real.

McGregor via Submission
    But had he let them walk out and just laughed at them who'd look worse? Them. They wanted a reaction, got one. The fact McGregor reacted like he did means Diaz is under his skin. Mind games, totally won by Diaz.

Oh come on.

Had he just sat there and smiled or let himself be ushered off by Dana initially, the McTap crowd would have said he was a coward.

He got stuck back in and told them they would do nothing and nothing is precisely what they did, apart from throwing stuff like kids and fair fcuks to Conor for fcuking stuff right back.

Diaz via Submission
    froog wrote: »
    i have no idea how many buys these things sell and i don't care. point is it just got sold a lot more after this little scene. you're extremely naive if you think this was all real.

It will be lucky to get 1.5 million buys.

McGregor via Submission
    It will be lucky to get 1.5 million buys.

Which would be one of the biggest selling ufc events of all time :D I dont think this does as well as the first time though :o

• Advertisement

Diaz via Submission
    Which would be one of the biggest selling ufc events of all time :D I dont think this does as well as the first time though :o

Oh for sure. But just highlighting that talk of millions is cray cray.

Advertisement