Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

McGregor via Submission
    lol here kid do you best sad face impression real quick

https://twitter.com/SandhuMMA/status/766025517099282437

• Registered Users Posts: 15,021 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

• Registered Users Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Diaz via Decision
    There is being a tit, and then there is that.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

.ak wrote: »
    But had he let them walk out and just laughed at them who'd look worse? Them. They wanted a reaction, got one. The fact McGregor reacted like he did means Diaz is under his skin. Mind games, totally won by Diaz.

Nonsense.

He walked out, and then when McGregor just mocked him he got upset and his 'gang' (jesus what the **** was that all about) started throwing ****.

It's baffling that people still think this kind of stuff 'gets under McGregor's skin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ChrisM

McGregor via KO/TKO
    Dana looked like he was about to cry. I don't know why, this little stunt will probably generate a load of extra ppvs.
    McGregor has some balls showing up late not giving a damn. It reminded me of the brave lad in school who never did homework and got away with it every time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Diaz via Submission
    ChrisM wrote: »
    Dana looked like he was about to cry. I don't know why, this little stunt will probably generate a load of extra ppvs.
    McGregor has some balls showing up late not giving a damn. It reminded me of the brave lad in school who never did homework and got away with it every time.

Dana looked pissed because if either of them get injured or get arrested the fight is off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Diaz via Decision
    He out McGregor'd McGregor, definitely see Nick's fingerprints on that one, got to say I enjoyed it as it brought about an end to a pretty boring press conference

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

McGregor via Submission
    As Nate walked along the back he said to them: "..fcuk all you Irish mother****ers" that was the point at which Conor said shut your mouth to him.

You can hear it in this clip at around 50 seconds in:

1:25

Security having to hold back Peter Queally (red cap)
    But had he let them walk out and just laughed at them who'd look worse? Them. They wanted a reaction, got one. The fact McGregor reacted like he did means Diaz is under his skin. Mind games, totally won by Diaz.
    I completely, 100%, disagree.

Diaz and his crew were not doing that for show. They were ready and hoping it kicked off between the 2 crews. Nick and Jake are always looking for a scrap.

Conor couldn't sit there and laugh it off. When you get into true fight-or-flight mode with the adrenaline pumping and believe you're about to be in a fight, you have to react.

Nate threw a bottle directly at Cian Cowleys head (of SBG) to kick that off.

SBG view:

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

McGregor via Submission
    I completely, 100%, disagree.

Diaz and his crew were not doing that for show. They were ready and hoping it kicked off between the 2 crews. Nick and Jake are always looking for a scrap.

Conor couldn't sit there and laugh it off. When you get into true fight-or-flight mode with the adrenaline pumping and believe you're about to be in a fight, you have to react.

Nate threw a bottle directly at Cian Cowleys head (of SBG) to kick that off.

SBG view:

Is that Dillon first in line, beside Peter to try and get up to the 209?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ChrisM

McGregor via KO/TKO
    Nate kicked off the whole thing. Conor reacted to having cans thrown at his head. That was all Nate and Nick.

True. Did any cans land, McGregor was aiming cans into a crowd with cops or else security guards in it?

• Advertisement

Diaz via Submission
    Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Nonsense.

He walked out, and then when McGregor just mocked him he got upset and his 'gang' (jesus what the **** was that all about) started throwing ****.

It's baffling that people still think this kind of stuff 'gets under McGregor's skin'.

Worth noting that Conor was also there with his "gang" and it was his "gang" that started throwing bottles. Which is when Nate threw a bottle back at them.

Nate has been left living in Conors head since he beat him up on his feet, made him panic wrestle, passed his guard, smashed his hips, took his back and mercifully took his neck instead of causing permanent damage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

McGregor via KO/TKO
    What a circus

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor via Submission

Wishful thinking it seems to me.

Here's McGregor as Nate was walking along the top mouthing off:

pr2.jpg

If anything Conor not giving a crap about Nate's walkout and him bad mouthing him over the mic saying he would do nothing, got under their skin.

McGregor via Submission
    Andrew McGahon didn't know where to point the camera lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

lol @ido looking like he's ready to throw down

McGregor via Submission
    Deadst4r wrote: »
    Is that Dillon first in line, beside Peter to try and get up to the 209?

:D

yep. Dillon was on the frontline.

I actually would put money that Dillon will be in Conors corner alongside John, Owen and Ido.

Taking Artems spot.

They seem to be really close friends now.

McGregor via Submission
    Worth noting that Conor was also there with his "gang" and it was his "gang" that started throwing bottles. Which is when Nate threw a bottle back at them.

Nate has been left living in Conors head since he beat him up on his feet, made him panic wrestle, passed his guard, smashed his hips, took his back and mercifully took his neck instead of causing permanent damage.

please watch the clips again.

Nate threw the first bottle.

If you can point me out a time on a video that proves otherwise go for it.

it was his "gang" that started throwing bottles. Which is when Nate threw a bottle back at them.

You know Nate threw the first one right?

Diaz via Submission
    Strider wrote: »
    You know Nate threw the first one right?

I saw a bottle fall short of the wall just before Nate fired back in several videos.

Wishful thinking it seems to me.

Here's McGregor as Nate was walking along the top mouthing off:

pr2.jpg

If anything Conor not giving a crap about Nate's walkout and him bad mouthing him over the mic saying he would do nothing, got under their skin.

Exactly, which is why they started throwing stuff. They couldn't handle that he just laughed at them.

Bunch of ****ing kids.

I feel for Glover though, McGregor took his water :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Oh come on.

Had he just sat there and smiled or let himself be ushered off by Dana initially, the McTap crowd would have said he was a coward.

He got stuck back in and told them they would do nothing and nothing is precisely what they did, apart from throwing stuff like kids and fair fcuks to Conor for fcuking stuff right back.

Sorry, just that's not how I see.

Should've just stood up, and waved cheerio whilst laughing at their crew. They'd go ape. Let them stain themselves. Diaz would've left pissed then, now he's leaving with a grin on his face.

McGregor via Submission
    I saw a bottle fall short of the wall just before Nate fired back in several videos.

you're wrong. But show us proof by all means.

Be easy enough for you to post a video and timestamp so.

Diaz via Submission
    you're wrong. But show us proof by all means.

On mobile, I'll post link later on lappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

McGregor via Submission
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0kNTkzyEno

Tbh, Nick Diaz is the only person who comes out of this looking half smart.

He was the one smart enough to get Nate to leave, as a **** you to Conor showing up late.

He didn't throw any water bottles, he stood face on to the SBG team giving them the fingers and dodged a bottle coming straight towards his head.

All childish ****e, but he looked the best out of everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

Diaz via Decision
    It's dockyard antics like this that make the IMAC look justified in not wanting Mma to fall under its auspices. and when the hand wringers and Joe Duffy listeners see this stuff it reinforces their illegitimate preconceptions of the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Nonsense.

McGregor lost it. That wasn't 'mocking'.

This is mocking.

hqdefault.jpg

I'm firmly in the McGregor camp btw, that's why it's disappointing.

It's dockyard antics like this that make the IMAC look justified in not wanting Mma to fall under its auspices. and when the hand wringers and Joe Duffy listeners see this stuff it reinforces their illegitimate preconceptions of the sport.

Yes, because stuff like this would never happen at other fighting sports, like boxing for example.

Well apart from when you have Tyson Fury showing up as Batman.

McGregor lost it. That wasn't 'mocking'.

This is mocking.

hqdefault.jpg

I'm firmly in the McGregor camp btw, that's why it's disappointing.

Nonsense. Did you see how he reacted when they walked out and started doing the whole 'hold me back' routine ? He laughed in their faces, the right response. It's only when they started throwing **** that he went over the top.

Diaz started insulting his camp before that too.

If I read some of the comments here they'd expect McGregor to just sit there and smile and nod ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Monster going to new lows with their product placement....

Advertisement