Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

McGregor via Submission
    Heres a close up of Nate. As if it wasn't already clear, there was no bottle to be seen

https://twitter.com/TheBuzzerOnFOX/status/766032376736587776

edit - whole thing

https://twitter.com/mikedyce/status/766026564089675776

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

he lost the head when Nate said 'all you Irish'

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Nonsense. Did you see how he reacted when they walked out and started doing the whole 'hold me back' routine ? He laughed in their faces, the right response. It's only when they started throwing **** that he went over the top.

Diaz started insulting his camp before that too.

If I read some of the comments here they'd expect McGregor to just sit there and smile and nod ?

No he should've just kept laughing at them, waving cheerio. Let them get wound up.

He's supposed to be the 'king', that's how he portrays himself. He should've just stood and laughed at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

McGregor via Submission
    .ak wrote: »
    Ugh, disappointing... Becuase that's 1-0 to Diaz. Absolutely in his head. Where's the McGregor laugh gone? That's what riles up people. When he doesn't appear to take them seriously. Aldo can't sleep at night because of that laugh.

Agreed :(

But he honestly was destroyed there either way, imagine what they would have said if he just say there while they threw bottles at his team & gf.

He should of stood up and not thrown anything imo. but heat of the moment..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

.ak wrote: »
    No he should've just kept laughing at them, waving cheerio. Let them get wound up.

He's supposed to be the 'king', that's how he portrays himself. He should've just stood and laughed at them.
    Again, did you see what happened ? Look at the picture Outlaw Pete posted, that was his reaction when Nate walked off.

You seem to think he should just have sat there while Nate and his bunch of idiots threw stuff.
    Nobody got into McGregor's head, he'll feed off this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

- McGregor turns up late as usual so Nick tells Nate to leave once McGregor arrives as why should they wait around for him etc
    - Nate, Nick, Shields etc walk out, throwing up their fingers/talking ****, McGregor laughs and responds with the same
    - Nate throws a bottle at McGregor's camp where his girlfriend, team mates and friends are and then more bottles start getting thrown. Of course he's going to respond to that, any man would.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Again, did you see what happened ? Look at the picture Outlaw Pete posted, that was his reaction when Nate walked off.

You seem to think he should just have sat there while Nate and his bunch of idiots threw stuff.
    Nobody got into McGregor's head, he'll feed off this.

Yes, that was his reaction... but then he lost it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Diaz via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

Diaz via Decision
    Yes, because stuff like this would never happen at other fighting sports, like boxing for example.

Well apart from when you have Tyson Fury showing up as Batman.

Who mentioned other sports? This is the Mma forum ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Diaz via Submission
    The weigh ins should be hilarious.

• Advertisement

McGregor via Submission
    Like I said, Nick was the smartest there tonight.

https://streamable.com/2qco

Diaz via Decision
    I'd love to see nick throwing hands . Putting manners on some of them .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

McGregor via Submission
    Must watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Deadst4r wrote: »
    Like I said, Nick was the smartest there tonight.

https://streamable.com/2qco

That's the worst pouty face I've ever seen :D
    That's totally real of course.

Diaz via Decision
    Stockton !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

I'd love to see nick throwing hands . Putting manners on some of them .

nick hasn't won a fight in 5 years.

Diaz via Decision
    froog wrote: »

Banned for a few to be fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

McGregor via Submission
    lads some of you need to get a grip.

Nate Diaz threw a bottle of water at SBG team.

Dee Devlin and Orlagh Hunter were sitting there.

I challenge any of you who have ever had a wife or girlfriend or boyfriend or partner to sit there and laugh when someone is lobbing a bottle in your womans direction.

McGregor via Submission
    is that Nate you hear say 'he was mocking me, I dont like that' ??

Tbf, as much as I believe Nate is in Conors head, he clearly lost the plot there when he threw that bottle

Diaz via Submission

There isn't a fighter in SBG who'd have a hope in hell of competing with him, not even Gunnar.

Speaking of which. Howcome nobody is talking about why Gunnar isn't involved in Conors training camp at all. He's in Dublin and Iceland training with Mr. Finland but even when Conor went to Iceland Gunnar was in Dublin.

Hmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Diaz via Submission
    That's the worst pouty face I've ever seen :D
    That's totally real of course.

'Did Conor hit you?'

'yeah :('

'That's ****ed up'

Great way to speak in from of a kid :D

Diaz via Submission

McGregor via Submission

There isn't a fighter in SBG who'd have a hope in hell of competing with him, not even Gunnar.

Speaking of which. Howcome nobody is talking about why Gunnar isn't involved in Conors training camp at all. He's in Dublin and Iceland training with Mr. Finland but even when Conor went to Iceland Gunnar was in Dublin.

Hmm

Incorrect friend. Gunnar was in Iceland when the whole thing kicked off about the retirement.

Also, Gunnar has been retweeting supporting messages for Conor all week and John said Gunnar is spending time with his family.

I have no idea why I even bit on this one.

Diaz via Submission
    darced wrote: »
    Who was Ido hiding behind?

Cian?

Diaz via Submission

Diaz via Submission
    Deadst4r wrote: »
    Incorrect friend. Gunnar was in Iceland when the whole thing kicked off about the retirement.

Also, Gunnar has been retweeting supporting messages for Conor all week and John said Gunnar is spending time with his family.

I have no idea why I even bit on this one.

At one stage during it all I was training in SBG concorde while gunni was there with Mr Finland and conor was still in Iceland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Hmm

lol what? he's a UFC fighter, he's not conor's training partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

didnt they bring the kid to the bottle fight?

anyway decent ould escalation to pump the fight up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

McGregor via Submission

Hmm

Gunni isn't involved because he was this little thing called a small child which probably means more to him than spending 16 weeks in Vegas doing a fight camp.

And you're flat out wrong (again). Gunni was in Iceland the whole time Conor was. They trained together every day.

• Advertisement

Diaz via Submission
    lol what? he's a UFC fighter, he's not conor's training partner.

Er, both are usually both. Gunnar doesn't have a Fight lined up, normally he'd be involved in Conors camps and Conor would be involved in his.

Advertisement