Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    At first i was disgusted with the coffee throwing but then i burst out laughing, what a ****ing throw on that guy! :pac: the definition of a guy trying his best to fit in with the tough crowd.

McGregor via Submission
    ASOT wrote: »

haha both Palhares and Shields are twats.... Best results in that fight would be a double KO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Diaz via Submission
    haha both Palhares and Shields are twats.... Best results in that fight would be a double KO

Personally I love palhares when he's not being a nacker. He woukd be a top WW if he didn't hold subs to long, scary scary man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

he's on really thin ice with Nevada Athletic Commission.

And at least 2 security guards have already spoken to journos saying Nick Diaz instigated the whole thing.

He's also got his niece or some girl in his camp on snapchat saying Conor hit her with a bottle.

(which he didn't)

This could really escalate.

This was a gimmick the Diaz brothers had pre-planned - but this could escalate into serious stuff now.

I don't even think it's out of the question the fight gets pulled.

I know it's unlikely but if Diaz lies (about the kid) spread, and police step in, this could get all shades of ugly.

This is such a ridiculous post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Diaz via Submission
    ASOT wrote: »
    Personally I love palhares when he's not being a nacker. He woukd be a top WW if he didn't hold subs to long, scary scary man.

The fact that he held GT, the head student of the Danaher Death Squad to a draw is crazy.

Fair enough he never looked like tapping Gary, but being able to neutralise Gary's leg attacks is impressive in and of itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Diaz via Submission
    The fact that he held GT, the head student of the Danaher Death Squad to a draw is crazy.

Fair enough he never looked like tapping Gary, but being able to neutralise Gary's leg attacks is impressive in and of itself.

Yep it's crazy how good he is, if only he wasn't a freaking psychopath hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Diaz via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,392 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor via Submission
    Oh for sure. But just highlighting that talk of millions is cray cray.
    A million dollars is <20k buys, if he meant a m,illion buys, then lol obviously
    It's dockyard antics like this that make the IMAC look justified in not wanting Mma to fall under its auspices. and when the hand wringers and Joe Duffy listeners see this stuff it reinforces their illegitimate preconceptions of the sport.

The IMAC is decision is based on the sport not the press conference, This kind of stuff has nothing to do with MMA regulation.
    It's also not on the radar of the Joe Duffy Brigade.
    Devastator wrote: »
    Heres a close up of Nate. As if it wasn't already clear, there was no bottle to be seen

https://twitter.com/TheBuzzerOnFOX/status/766032376736587776
    I've just caught up on 100 posts, so maybe missing the context. Apologies in advance if thats the case.
    But are you being sarcastic, or actually saying that he didn't through a bottle in that clip (@14 secs btw)
    Deadst4r wrote: »
    Like I said, Nick was the smartest there tonight.

https://streamable.com/2qco
    he's appling for a license soon, he has to be on his best behavior.

You really think so? I was the opposite way.

Garry was the underdog going into that fight. The general consensus was that they had equal leg lock skill but Palhares was so much bigger and stronger. Palhares had generally faced a higher level of opponent in nogi (at ADCC for), and leglocked them all just as much as GT.

The fact GT didn't get Palhares'd was a huge first of all. But the be the attacker was surprising.

On a realted note, did you see Gordon Ryan v Keenan at the weekend. Kid is insanely good and just turned 21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

McGregor via Submission
    This is such a ridiculous post.

This is Nevada. If someone is saying a kid got smacked in the face by a Monster Energy Can from the highest paid star in the UFC then that's police/lawsuits.

Meh carry on.

Diaz via Submission
    Special supplements or not the little tree trunk is a beast.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

McGregor via Submission
    Mod Note:

Lads as well know McGregor fights this weekend..that brings old fans, new fans and haters alike to the forum. Keep it civil and the level of muppetry to a minimum. Anyone trolling is looking for a ban and they will find one quick enough. Those of you who are regulars are here long enough to know better than get drawn into arguments with trolls, just report it, ignore it and move on. There is no need to reply or start using expletives or generally acting the muppet to defend McGregor or MMA, have more sense please.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

McGregor via Submission
    Mod Note:

Lads as well know McGregor fights this weekend..that brings old fans, new fans and haters alike to the forum. Keep it civil and the level of muppetry to a minimum. Anyone trolling is looking for a ban and they will find one quick enough. Those of you who are regulars are here long enough to know better than get drawn into arguments with trolls, just report it, ignore it and move on. There is no need to reply or start using expletives or generally acting the muppet to defend McGregor or MMA, have more sense please.

McGregor via Submission
    darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

This 100%.
    Galvao can to escape a couple of heelhook along the way to the win

Palhares was top dog in the leg lock game for years.
    Garry was the one with something to prove coming into that one imo.

Diaz via Submission
    Mellor wrote: »
    This 100%.
    Galvao can to escape a couple of heelhook along the way to the win

Palhares was top dog in the leg lock game for years.
    Garry was the one with something to prove coming into that one imo.

Gary had been tapping the best grapplers in his weight class for a few years before the polaris match was set up. He was favourite to win going into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    My favourite part of that match was Gary locking in a Triangle, Palhares picking him up to powerbomb him and Gary letting go straight away like 'nope.....nope nope nope.

Back on topic, i look forward to scrolling through pages of news first thing in the morning, as long as the 209 boys relax themselves until at least the fight is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

McGregor via Submission
    cloudatlas wrote: »
    How did the pantomime crowd get into the press conference singing the 'walking in winterland' song. Nate walked because there were disrespectful people sniggering and booing which is fair enough at a press conference. Conor was the one who lost control in my eyes. Nate looked big, conor looked like some kind of golf dad in that polo shirt.

Nate walked when Nick gave him the signal to walk.

It was pre-planned. Nick wasn't in the auditorium until he came in to tell Nate to roll.

Conor lost control because Nate lobbed a bottle in the direction of his woman and team.

McGregor via Submission
    Gary had been tapping the best grapplers in his weight class for a few years before the polaris match was set up. He was favourite to win going into it.
    The best grapplers in EBI, Metamorris, Naga, 5ive etc are a level below ADCC imo. Garry HH's everyone at EBI, but he's lost to the best guys he fought at the bigger comps. Kron, Keenan twice, Vinny, Lepri and Diniz twice. He's never realised his potential at NoGi Worlds or ADCC.

Palhares had the better ADCC record.
    Importantly, beating everone in his weight class is one thign, Palhares was a weight class or two above.

I don't remember any where listing Garry as the favourite, most people wanted him to win, which is completely different. But I don't think there was betting available, so "favourite" is fairly subjective.

McGregor via Submission
    Ido saves the day by telling a kid to get down during the melee.
    Not the hero we deserve, the one we needed

Oc9RMOX.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

aahahaha gas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

McGregor via Submission

Nate does look a bit bigger than in previous fights. Really can't wait for this now. Whatever the result it's going to be an epic fight.

Starting to lean on thinking McGregor decision. Think he can TKO him late especially if he goes to the body in the earlier rounds.

The distance Conor keeps is the deciding factor in the fight for me. If Conor is able to avoid Nate's counter strikes I think he wins the fight. I don't think Conor will march forward as prominently in the last fight and think he can do damage and score points with counter strikes himself. I'm intrigued by after he has a full camp how he handles Nate's reach advantage.

Jesus christ I can't bloody wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Diaz via Decision
    mdwexford wrote: »
    Entertaining stuff, roll on Saturday.

More handbags and stupidity in this thread than at the presser.

Just watched the conference now having read through a several pages here first. The way some were going on I thought there was an all out war between the two camps and then I get let down with a few plastic bottles and cans. It really was handbags and nothing more. People saying Nate has gotten inside Conors head over handbags must be on a wind-up or something coz I saw no evidence of it whatsoever.

Roll on Saturday :)

What time is the fight at?:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Anyone going to the fight this time. Doubt there will half be as many irish this time. Im flying down from Canada on Friday on my own after one of the lads had to pull out so hopefully meet up with some irish down there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Also anyone know of anyone selling an extra ticket? Know theres lots on stub hub but may as well check here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Diaz via Submission
    Nate walked when Nick gave him the signal to walk.

It was pre-planned. Nick wasn't in the auditorium until he came in to tell Nate to roll.

Conor lost control because Nate lobbed a bottle in the direction of his woman and team.

Yes, I can see that now watching the embedded video, it was obviously planned and a good move, deprive conor of the mic. Conor thinks he controls the press conference by being late but Nate flipped the script.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

m.j.w wrote: »
    Also anyone know of anyone selling an extra ticket? Know theres lots on stub hub but may as well check here

There's a chap called Pat Hickey might have some, though you may be waiting a while....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭jones 19

Diaz via Submission
    He is painful to listen to. A different man the last while. He has lost his MOJO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Diaz via Submission
    McGregor can't win. If he does nothing, he's a pussy. If he retaliates, they're in his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Mellor wrote: »
    Ido saves the day by telling a kid to get down during the melee.
    Not the hero we deserve, the one we needed

Oc9RMOX.gif
    Dillon raring to go ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Like two 'gangs' from West Side Story .

They should dance each other into submission at the weigh in.

Sell the PPVs

Advertisement