Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭Duff

Love how Dillon was raring to get at the 209 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Diaz via Submission
    How about this for a theory? Both sides were idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Saipanne wrote: »
    How about this for a theory? Both sides were idiots.

No I'm not having any of that theory. It makes too much sense. We need to jump to conclusions, make more wild accusations and swear blind allegiance to the fighter we like most, no matter how ridiculous it makes us look.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    Duff wrote: »
    Love how Dillon was raring to get at the 209 :D

My favourite part of the presser, get em Dillon!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

McGregor via Submission
    Mellor wrote: »
    I've just caught up on 100 posts, so maybe missing the context. Apologies in advance if thats the case.
    But are you being sarcastic, or actually saying that he didn't through a bottle in that clip (@14 secs btw)

You're missing lot of context. Other people (somehow :confused:) were trying to claim 1st bottle came from SBG/stage direction towards Diaz. That was 1st close up video I seen which clearly shows no bottle anywhere but in his(Nate) own hand.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Cian Cowley, who is one of McGregors sparring partners had it upon his snap chat a vide of an sbg fighter fighting nick diaz out the back of the press conference like a mad thing..stupid...but exciting.

Video.................????????

Lads yas are having a laugh about Sheilds throw but lets not skip over McGregor's. You Dublin lads have had it too easy for too long. McGregor wouldn't last 10 minutes up here during riot season :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

[quote="Zero-Cool;100718115". Lads, if someone threw something and hit or almost hit your missus, you'd fire something back. [/quote]

So your response would be to throw two cans of monster as hard as you could into a packed arena? But I suppose it was in their general direction.

That was such a stupid thing McG did, if one of those cans was to hit someone clean in the head it would absolutely destroy them and he threw them into a crowd. If he had hit a journalist or fan he would be in serious trouble

McGregor showing what a thug he is ..

yes a real thug!! what what what!!! nice to see gerald keane has a keyboard now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,392 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor via Submission
    Devastator wrote: »
    You're missing lot of context. Other people (somehow :confused:) were trying to claim 1st bottle came from SBG/stage direction towards Diaz. That was 1st close up video I seen which clearly shows no bottle anywhere but in his(Nate) own

The no bottle anywhere comment confused me, it was clearly in his hand. I figured that wasnt what you meant though.
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Interesting that there seems to be some 'issues' with getting Nick to corner Nate

Afaik, you need commission sign off to be in the corner. His ban is over, but he's still awaiting approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

McGregor via Submission
    Whelo79 wrote: »
    No I'm not having any of that theory. It makes too much sense. We need to jump to conclusions, make more wild accusations and swear blind allegiance to the fighter we like most, no matter how ridiculous it makes us look.

Finally someone talking sense in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

$350 tickets now on viagogo for under $160. Good chance of picking up a couple of decent seats over there for $200 a pop or so?

• Advertisement

McGregor via Submission
    Hulk Hands wrote: »
    $350 tickets now on viagogo for under $160. Good chance of picking up a couple of decent seats over there for $200 a pop or so?
    A better chance of being scammed tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭joeguevara

You're missing lot of context. Other people (somehow :confused:) were trying to claim 1st bottle came from SBG/stage direction towards Diaz. That was 1st close up video I seen which clearly shows no bottle anywhere but in his(Nate) own hand.

Video.................????????

Lads yas are having a laugh about Sheilds throw but lets not skip over McGregor's. You Dublin lads have had it too easy for too long. McGregor wouldn't last 10 minutes up here during riot season :D

You do know how SnapChat works right? Once video is viewed its deleted.

McGregor via Submission

Nope, I'm not down with you kids and your apps. Sounds a lot of balls, deleted wtf?

Very good little video :) I could barely draw a stick man so I don't know how anyone has the patience to put this together

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Not if it's on his story

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Nope, I'm not down with you kids and your apps. Sounds a lot of balls, deleted wtf?

Very good little video :) I could barely draw a stick man so I don't know how anyone has the patience to put this together

Well I'm 37, so not much of a Kid...good old scrap though!

McGregor via Submission
    Well I'm 37, so not much of a Kid...good old scrap though!

I'm sorry. I'll take it back and rephrase it.

Nope, I'm not down with you middle age crisis, trying to relive your youth again wannabe kids and your apps.

;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

The real victims here are Glover and Johnson, they looked shocked at the end of it. They didn't even get to do their face off!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

And after all this Diaz will win.

McGregor via Submission
    Eh, that's not true. There's ways to save videos from snapchat. Plus story posts aren't deleted.

I hope there's nothing you thought was safely deleted :pac: :pac:

This was from Nick's snapchat today
    https://streamable.com/2qco

• Registered Users Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Diaz via Decision
    And got a reaction just like he wanted to, not often you see Conor come out on the losing end of those.

Both sides ended up looking like idiots, but for the one who carries himself as "the king" as the calm cool in control one it is obviously a little worse.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

McGregor via Submission
    CatFromHue wrote: »
    The real victims here are Glover and Johnson, they looked shocked at the end of it. They didn't even get to do their face off!

Do those guys get PPV points?

I'm sure they are happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    Mellor wrote: »

This was from Nick's snapchat today
    https://streamable.com/2qco

Yeah, would have been a bit more believable if the kid wasn't wearing a Represent tee and flipping the bird inside the presser.

Open workouts today at 11pm our time. Nate up first, then Rumble, Glover and then Conor about 12:30am. I'd say there will be mad security around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

McGregor via Submission
    you're wrong. But show us proof by all means.

On mobile, I'll post link later on lappy.

So did you get a chance to find any of those 'several' videos you were talking about?

McGregor via Submission
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah, would have been a bit more believable if the kid wasn't wearing a Represent tee and flipping the bird inside the presser.
    its not remotely believable, but that's doesn't change the fact that it was saved from snapchat :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The Diaz entourage might even be bigger than Conor's. Looked like he had about 40+ mates with him.

McGregor via Submission
    I can't stop laughing at Dana's voice in the video clips. What makes it even funnier is how p*ssed off DW's been with McGregor recently and the 1st words he's said to him in possibly months were "Conor, don't throw those cans.....Conor....CONNNOORRRRRRRRRRRR" :D

Diaz via Submission
    The Diaz entourage might even be bigger than Conor's. Looked like he had about 40+ mates with him.

Yeah, that was one of the more 'bitchier' things I've seen from Diaz. He walked about a mile away, met his crew and then start mouthing off using the whole "come at me bro" tactics. All in all handbags from both lads

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Diaz via Decision
    I can't stop laughing at Dana's voice in the video clips. What makes it even funnier is how p*ssed off DW's been with McGregor recently and the 1st words he's said to him in possibly months were "Conor, don't throw those cans.....Conor....CONNNOORRRRRRRRRRRR" :D

Kinda reminded me of the video of that chap chasing his dog through the park... "fintan...ah jaysus come back.... Fintannnnn!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

So has the mask slipped once again for McG?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Kinda reminded me of the video of that chap chasing his dog through the park... "fintan...ah jaysus come back.... Fintannnnn!"

Sorry for going OT but i had too!

Advertisement