Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Interesting that there seems to be some 'issues' with getting Nick to corner Nate (words from Nate himself straight after the conference). I wonder what's going on with that. Also, I guarantee there will be no problems at the weigh in's, will be even less eventful than their last one.

Great to see Dillon trying to get stuck in to the 209 boys. Tell ye what, if they did a TUF season of SBG vs Cesar Gracie, that would be epic telly.

if conor wins there's a good chance nick will kick off like an idiot. best not to have him there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    froog wrote: »
    if conor wins there's a good chance nick will kick off like an idiot. best not to have him there.

Yeah will be interesting to hear (if we ever do) NSAC's reason for not allowing him to corner the fight. No secret they don't like him but he served his ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

McGregor via Submission
    Nate Diaz you gots the devil in you!

CqJ7YSGXgAErdEn.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Diaz via Submission
    degsie wrote: »
    So has the mask slipped once again for McG?

Conor's favourite book is 'the secret' i.e. if you say it will happen it will come true. John Kavanagh tried to persuade him not to take this fight and has said that even this camp has been a learning experience. Do you think it's good to learn during a training camp or should you be sharpening a history of learned fighting skills?Conor is the greatest snake oil salesman who ever lived and we all get sucked in and we love him for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Conor's favourite book is 'the secret' i.e. if you say it will happen it will come true. John Kavanagh tried to persuade him not to take this fight and has said that even this camp has been a learning experience. Do you think it's good to learn during a training camp or should you be sharpening a history of learned fighting skills?Conor is the greatest snake oil salesman who ever lived and we all get sucked in and we love him for it.

Huh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

McGregor via Submission
    JustTheOne wrote: »
    Huh?

I think the ''small tension headache in the left side of my head'' is getting to him.

Diaz via Submission
    I think the ''small tension headache in the left side of my head'' is getting to him.

Classy move looking up my boards history. I won't be looking up your history, not interested plus that's just plain bad manners :)

Diaz via Submission
    JustTheOne wrote: »
    Huh?

Here is the article about 'the secret' http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2514254-outrageous-conor-mcgregor-his-irish-roots-and-an-improbable-american-dream

since you're so interested.

Diaz via Submission

Oh also the headache has cleared up but thanks for your concern it's duly noted and really appreciated, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

McGregor via Submission
    Just realised if nothing disastrous happens between now and Saturday night, it'll be the second time since January 2015 that Conor's opponent hasn't pulled out. That's a bit mad even for MMA these days and all the card changes.

• Advertisement

McGregor via Submission
    Oh also the headache has cleared up but thanks for your concern it's duly noted and really appreciated, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I just associate you're name with Anti Megreggor chat. I just wanted to have a quick gander at you're post history to confirm my suspicions.

Diaz via Submission
    I just associate you're name with Anti Megreggor chat. I just wanted to have a quick gander at you're post history to confirm my suspicions.

With all due respect, hat's not what you said in your message, no quote from past mcgregor posts just something about my current health.

McGregor via Submission
    I know it was mentioned before about how Diaz responds to questions regarding the outcome of the fight or game plan ( wishy washy ) answers and whatever will be will be attitude. My take on this is a lack of confidence on his part. Also when he loses it won't look so bad cause he never said he would beat conor etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I don't think it's lack of confidence, but Diaz is there to compete. To fight. The winning or losing doesn't come into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Devastator wrote: »
    Nope, I'm not down with you kids and your apps. Sounds a lot of balls, deleted wtf?

Very good little video :) I could barely draw a stick man so I don't know how anyone has the patience to put this together

Great video thanks for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Rezident

Diaz via Submission
    Well I was going to leave it til the morning again but after all this . . . now I just have to see it live. Can't wait! Very exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Classy move looking up my boards history. I won't be looking up your history, not interested plus that's just plain bad manners :)

Some really sad people live their lives in the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Just got a 215$ ticket off ticketmaster. Some difference from the other fights. Let go!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Diaz via Decision
    I'll be staying up Saturday and hoping Conor wins, I generally like him but I think he's playing a very risky game here.

I was annoyed at him being late fr the pressed again and actually agree with Dana White on this one it's disrespectful to everyone else involved in not only the fight but the ufc as a whole. Everyone else is on time and try the main event just bloody be on time and be a professional like toy say you are.

Dana is a rich man himself and yes conor makes the ufc money but I could see a scenario of conor losing this fight, going back to 145 where he doesn't really want to be and getting beaten by a much improved Aldo.

3 loses in a row and suddenly the act is gone could see Dana actually taking great pleasure in dropping him down the card if forced too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

McGregor via Submission
    What a nasty little prick Shields is trying that. I've never heard a good story about him. Speaking of which, ran into him in Vegas in December and asked him for a picture, looked straight at me and walked away, wouldn't even say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

martyos121 wrote: »
    What a nasty little prick Shields is trying that. I've never heard a good story about him. Speaking of which, ran into him in Vegas in December and asked him for a picture, looked straight at me and walked away, wouldn't even say no.
    He's like that friend who tries too hard to be as "cool" as the rest, but no one has the heart to tell him to **** off they actually don't like him.

Absolute ball bag of a man, complete Diaz wannabe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Just rewatched the first fight and the only way i see Conor winning is via desicion but he has yet to prove he can go for 5 rounds. I really dont want to bet on Diaz but I would have the odds flipped so the value is 100 on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

McGregor via Submission
    m.j.w wrote: »
    Just rewatched the first fight and the only way i see Conor winning is via desicion but he has yet to prove he can go for 5 rounds. I really dont want to bet on Diaz but I would have the odds flipped so the value is 100 on him.

Yeah he only managed 13 seconds against Aldo

McGregor via Submission
    Fox Sports saying that Nick is still suspended as he still owes 75k of the 100k fine that was part of his suspension deal. Because of that, he won't be allowed to corner Nate. I doubt he ever pays that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Fox Sports saying that Nick is still suspended as he still owes 75k of the 100k fine that was part of his suspension deal. Because of that, he won't be allowed to corner Nate. I doubt he ever pays that.

He'll never fight in Vegas again if he doesn't pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

NAC is also a government entity so I would suspect they have other powers to recoup the fine. There’s also little to no chance the UFC lets him fight anywhere if the NAC still see him as banned.

McGregor via Submission
    If Nick was still suspended then why was USADA testing him a few days ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Diaz via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

McGregor via Submission
    Good q about usada testing, seems to be a bit messy.

I think there was a bottle of water behind the laptop he was reaching for but looked like he was grabbing the laptop (to throw, not steal), either way he's still a fewl.

Advertisement