Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

McGregor via Submission
    darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Throwing a stranger's laptop at a person is a lot worse than stealing one, but that's just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Oh I know he was going for it to throw and not steal, just thought it was funny is all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    Anyone streaming the open workouts? Can't see any sign of them

McGregor via Submission
    Zero-Cool wrote: »

Looks like Eir will show them online, or the McGregor one at least.

https://twitter.com/eirsport/status/766392518414139392

• Registered Users Posts: 39,391 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor via Submission
    Foxtrol wrote: »
    NAC is also a government entity so I would suspect they have other powers to recoup the fine. There’s also little to no chance the UFC lets him fight anywhere if the NAC still see him as banned.
    State government not federal. His money and his weed are in California.
    If Nick was still suspended then why was USADA testing him a few days ago?
    Doping rules still apply when you are banned. He's on the roster. Usada testing has nothing to do with NSAC licensing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Diaz via Submission
    Jake Shields if he was ever face to face with McGregor on his own.

14079961_1398695803480647_7119270679976191634_n.jpg?oh=918b54ed6a7fee6a55711d1481d3a7e9&oe=5815ADD7

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Diaz via Submission

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Diaz via Submission
    long time lurker, never fought so reluctant commentator...

I get showmanship....but FFS throwing bottles?

Fan of Conor, but i think he is not together mentally on this one .

I think he is in trouble.

The confidence is gone, and the anger and acting out suggests a little fear that the ride is over

That said, i hope he does it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

JustTheOne wrote: »
    If someone threw a bottle at you what would you do?

Sit there and let yourself get hit cause you're not a tug?

Good man.

But he started cursing at them before that, no need to act like a knacker beforehand

Diaz via Submission
    long time lurker, never fought so reluctant commentator...

The confidence is gone, and the anger and acting out suggests a little fear that the ride is over

Welcome to the forum hopefully you stick around! In fairness to McGregor he was laughing it off until a bottle was thrown towards his girlfriend/team mates, then he obviously lost the plot. Id imagine the majority of people here would have done the same, resulting in one of the best dana moments as he screams for conor not to throw the cans haha. Watching all the embedded and his own vlogs along with roddy i disagree with your last points immensely, he looks focused and hungry, he seems alot better mentally and physically than the first fight! I really think it will be a great fight and do see him winning by doctor stoppage or tko in the third. He seems to have come on really well this camp bringing in dannis and a host of other good training partners!!

• Advertisement

McGregor via Submission

Now his laptop is a different story. I would've taken that thing and lobbed it at himself, before doing a little dance on it to make sure it was fecked. The laptop that is, not Gareth, I'm not that violent.

It's not like anything productive ever comes out of it! :pac:

Diaz via Submission

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor via Submission

Wait, you condemn the throwing of bottles but yet you don't even mention the fighter that started it?

Hhhm.

Diaz via Submission
    there's the danger of an edited you tube clip!

I have followed his recent posts and agree he looks good, just surprised he didn't laugh it off like he would have before.

Given the crap i am hearing on irish media re: MMA and regulation, this stuff does not help.

Amazing though how appalled people are at MMA when Equestrian sports, for one, have a far higher attrition rate...

Diaz via Submission
    Wait, you condemn the throwing of bottles but yet you don't even mention the fighter that started it?

Hhhm.

sorry , as said i saw an edited version, but really? he started it?

McGregor via Submission

Here's Nate's.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1kvJppMzMMdJE

• Registered Users Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Diaz via Decision

Hhhm.

Did you miss the point of his post? It has nothing to do with apportioning blame, he made an observation on where he thinks McGregors mental state is.

People are ridiculously defensive around here, fight week I suppose...

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

McGregor via Submission
    Yeah had to download periscope app to then just see that ufc have it live and ready for playback on their facebook page. Cringe your man asking if he'll throw the fight just to get the trilogy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

McGregor via Submission
    This is such a ridiculous post.
    This is Nevada. If someone is saying a kid got smacked in the face by a Monster Energy Can from the highest paid star in the UFC then that's police/lawsuits.

Meh carry on.

So i was laughed at for my post suggesting there could be serious consequences from this press conference, even the chance of it being called off.

Dana White on both TMZ and SportsCenter has comes out with the following:

One of the people hit by a bottle has filed a lawsuit.

Conor and Nate are facing, quote, "heavy fines, possible suspensions, possible community service."

He ended by saying "this is serious. they are in a lot of trouble".

McGregor via Submission
    Did you miss the point of his post? It has nothing to do with apportioning blame, he made an observation on where he thinks McGregors mental state is.

Yes, based on him resorting to throwing bottles, sure they have now just said:
    sorry , as said i saw an edited version, but really? he started it?

Eh, no, he didn't. McGregor was laughing while Nate was doing his trash talking walk out and it was only when Nate throw a bottle at a group of Irish people (one of which was Dee) that he started to throw stuff back. I don't agree with him doing so by the way, but it was reactionary and understandable giving what he has just witnessed.

It amazes me at how little flack Nate Diaz is getting for throwing a bottle at people attending a presser.

• Advertisement

McGregor via Submission
    Hmm. Interesting.

John Michael Sheil has given an interview saying he will be in Conors corner for the fight.

So that's Kavanagh, Ido, JMS, Roddy.

How many are they allowed?

Diaz via Submission

Jake would do what Cody Garbrant didnt and get in line and be quiet, i remember him giving it loads on embedded saying this and that and that he would say it to his face if he seen him.... Bam sat next to him for a signing and said absolutely nothing haha

Diaz via Submission

Diaz via Submission

I would have been diving infront of a bottle, free UFC for life would have been nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

I think Spike O'Sullivan would have a lot to offer Conor as a sparring/training partner.

McGregor via Submission
    "**** the Diaz Brothers, **** those cockroaches". My favourite scene from my favorite film, i cannot wait for Saturday night.

He ended by claiming **** team diaz and if you're down with team diaz then **** you too. :pac:

McGregor via Submission
    "**** the Diaz Brothers, **** those cockroaches". My favourite scene from my favorite film, i cannot wait for Saturday night.

He ended by claiming **** team diaz and if you're down with team diaz then **** you too. :pac:

That was in response to the Australian Submission Radio fella (who is extremely pro-Diaz).

Interesting footnote:

Dave Sholler said both entourages are banned and that only licensed cornermen are allowed to attend the open workout and weigh ins.

Ido Portal, Owen Roddy and Dillon Danis were on stage at the open workout.

So that's his cornermen for the fight.

I presume Dillon is in his corner so he can shout advice in if/when it gets to the ground.

McGregor via Submission
    It's only 3 corner men though right? Should be JK, Roddy and Dillon for this one. What the **** kind of advice could ido give during a fight.

• Advertisement

McGregor via Submission
    It's only 3 corner men though right? Should be JK, Roddy and Dillon for this one. What the **** kind of advice could ido give during a fight.

I've no clue.

Keep it flowy conor?

It'll still be on JK. Conor admitted he didn't pay a word of attention to what Kavanagh said in the last fight. I'm sure that'll be one thing rectified this fight. He will be focused on his words and not away with the fairies watching the big screen.

Advertisement