Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Diaz via Submission
    That was in response to the Australian Submission Radio fella (who is extremely pro-Diaz).

Interesting footnote:

Dave Sholler said both entourages are banned and that only licensed cornermen are allowed to attend the open workout and weigh ins.

Ido Portal, Owen Roddy and Dillon Danis were on stage at the open workout.

So that's his cornermen for the fight.

I presume Dillon is in his corner so he can shout advice in if/when it gets to the ground.

Ryan curtis text my mate basically saying the above there banned from everything because of the presser, that lads arent sure if they mean the event also. The UFC were pretty pissed anyway.

Also Dillon Danis needs a appreciation thread what a gent, Hopefully this means hes part of SBG full time he would be a MASSIVE addition. Id actually love to see Conor do some form of BJJ tournament, possible EBI. The way Eddie went on about him after he came into Tenth Planet was that he was wayyyyy above what level people perceive him to be at, id say hes even higher again after all the time hes spent with Danis.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

McGregor via Submission
    ASOT wrote: »
    Ryan curtis text my mate basically saying the above there banned from everything because of the presser, that lads arent sure if they mean the event also. The UFC were pretty pissed anyway.

Also Dillon Danis needs a appreciation thread what a gent, Hopefully this means hes part of SBG full time he would be a MASSIVE addition. Id actually love to see Conor do some form of BJJ tournament, possible EBI. The way Eddie went on about him after he came into Tenth Planet was that he was wayyyyy above what level people perceive him to be at, id say hes even higher again after all the time hes spent with Danis.

There's no doubt he's a very slick BJJ practitioner, did a good job of staying on top of Holloway with a torn knee and we've seen some excellent sweeps and deep submission escapes from him since. Only reason he doesn't get more credit for his BJJ is because he rarely ends up in a position where he can use it to win a fight, just uses it to get up and out of subs so he can box the head off his opponent, for lack of a better phrase.

Might be able to hold his own against most guys now with the help of Danis but Nate would still get the better of him if the fight went to the ground I feel.

McGregor via Submission

Official press release from Sholler was that they are banned from Open Workouts and Weigh Ins only - no mention of banned from fights.

Conor said he paid a lot of money to get them all good tickets so i don't think the UFC will push things that far.

Speaking of tickets still around 2,300 left. Unofficial word seems to be that the UFC is confident they'll attract a hefty number of sales on Friday and fight night when everyone gets into town.

It would be a bit unsightly to have blocks of 20 or 30 empty seats scattered around.

It's not a catastrophe obviously.

The official Gate (so far) is $7.1 million sold. That's according to Darren Rovell of ESPN. Even if they don't sell another ticket that's pretty strong.

If they can manage to shift maybe 1,500 more that should bring the gate up to around $8.6 million.

All hypotheticals...... but it's not a calamity as some are making out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Its easy to forget fast McGregor rise has been.
    This video is great craic:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,391 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor via Submission
    sorry , as said i saw an edited version, but really? he started it?
    Diaz threw the bottle first that kicked it all off.
    Throwing stuff back was dumb, but come on, look at it objectively. High tension environment, somebody starts throwing bottles todays your teammates/girlfriend. Most people aren't going to just laugh it off.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    It's only 3 corner men though right? Should be JK, Roddy and Dillon for this one. What the **** kind of advice could ido give during a fight.
    Is Ido going to be there, or are people just assuming.

after the presser yesterday, he had a picture on snapchat of the toilet flooding over with bubbles and the title
    "fcking Diaz Bros :mad::mad::mad:"

McGregor via Submission
    Mellor wrote: »

Is Ido going to be there, or are people just assuming.

Dave Shollers press release was that only licensed cornermen were allowed in the building for the open workouts and weigh ins.

Ido, Roddy, Dillon and JK were on the stage.

He had 4 in his corner for 196. JK/Artem/Ido/Roddy.

McGregor via Submission
    I know TTHS is sometimes hit and miss but thought he nailed this. Hilarious. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Mellor wrote: »
    Is Ido going to be there, or are people just assuming?

He was there for the last fight wasnt he? Thus -a natural assumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Diaz via Decision
    J Mysterio wrote: »
    He was there for the last fight wasnt he? Thus -a natural assumption.

That coupled with the news that only cornermen were permitted at the open work out certainly makes it a reasonable assumption imo.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

McGregor via Submission
    I'm not suggesting its an unreasonably assumption. I was just wondering if its still just an assumption, or had it been confirmed.
    I'd assume JK, Roddy and Dillion are going to be there. It's not really important who the 4th man is, but no doubt some people will lose their over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

when did that happen?

its amazing how many idiots say he has no ground game

McGregor via Submission
    when did that happen?

Back before the Porrier fight I believe

McGregor via Submission
    when did that happen?

Eddie basically said that Conor is really good on the ground but more importantly had the right mentality to get extremely good.

That he asked Eddie to roll with Eddies best guys. That a lot of UFC fighters don't want to get embarrassed or tapped by a high level jiujitsu guy but Conor didn't care and wanted to test himself.

Diaz via Submission
    when did that happen?

Yeah before the porier fight as said already, eddie talks about it on joe rogan. Basically said he came unannounced got stright on the mat and went and rolled with black belts, Eddie said he was surprised and that Conors ground game is miles ahead of where people think it is. In fairness training with Gunni for years would have a massive effect, i know im possibly wrong but didnt gunni get his black belt in like three years? The mans an animal and id say that rubbed off on Conor anyway. Id love to see him take a fight to the ground, see the work that Dillon taught him. Its not everyones cup of tea but grappling exchanges can be so good to watch especially scrambles at lower weights ala smolka and paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Diaz via Submission
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Work in three hours mate why are you doing this to me i would have liked atleast 3 full hours but ill have to settle for two.

The proper dublin accent comes out again i love when that happens, it only happens when hes pissed off though. "im gonna kill your man serious im gonna burst your man" gas. :pac:

McGregor via Submission
    jesus conor was properly losing it.

Can't wait for saturday. Shameless fan but let's go conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor via Submission
    Work in three hours mate why are you doing this to me i would have liked atleast 3 full hours but ill have to settle for two.

Fcuk sleep :P

McGregor via Submission
    In fairness training with Gunni for years would have a massive effect, i know im possibly wrong but didnt gunni get his black belt in like three years?
    Yeah pretty much.
    It was less than 3 and a half years from blue to black. I don't know how long blue took, but I'd imagine it wasn't much. Youngest in Europe at the time, maybe still.
    There's only a handful of guys who did it that fast, and less outside of Brazil.

• Advertisement

McGregor via Submission
    Both teams have been restricted in the amount of people they can bring to pressers and weigh-ins.

Man I hope Artem destroys Avila.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Both teams have been restricted in the amount of people they can bring to pressers and weigh-ins.

Man I hope Artem destroys Avila.

Artem : It all looked as fake as my managers tits, i just tried to stay professional :pac::pac::pac:

McGregor via Submission
    scudzilla wrote: »
    Artem : It all looked as fake as my managers tits, i just tried to stay professional :pac::pac::pac:

Pamela Anderson's tits! :P

McGregor via Submission
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Fox Sports saying that Nick is still suspended as he still owes 75k of the 100k fine that was part of his suspension deal. Because of that, he won't be allowed to corner Nate. I doubt he ever pays that.

Looking like they are at least gonna try and pay asap so he can corner Nate.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/19/12548994/manager-despite-license-issue-nick-diaz-could-still-corner-brother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Looking at that embedded conor really is wound up . Conor likes to be in control and Not agreeing with the bottle throwing but they really did take it away by leaving .

He needs to put that behind him and not lose focus on his game plan like his previous opponents have in the same situation .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

TheNap wrote: »
    Looking at that embedded conor really is wound up . Conor likes to be in control and Not agreeing with the bottle throwing but they really did take it away by leaving .

He needs to put that behind him and not lose focus on his game plan like his previous opponents have in the same situation .

Take what away by leaving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Nick is very irritating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Diaz via Submission
    JustTheOne wrote: »

McGregors control of the presser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

JustTheOne wrote: »

Did you watch Embedded ep 5 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Diaz via Decision
    Conor usually celebrates when he gets opponents into a rage like that.

Advertisement