Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor via Submission
    JustTheOne wrote: »
    Take what away by leaving?

Robbie_L.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Diaz 1 -0 Mcgregor after that Press Conf.
    Ep 4 and 5 of embedded and I've never seen Mcgregor look like he's about to "lose it" as much !
    It seems that Diaz is now in his head and roles reversed !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The 2 "gangs" :D

If only Dana could grow a fro

image-5-720x400.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Diaz via Decision
    Ha, love this from Hendo.

'When you spend 20 years grappling, you tend to be great at squeezing the consciousness out of mouthy Irishmen.'

https://champions.co/posts/4036193

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Diaz via Decision
    Diaz 1 -0 Mcgregor after that Press Conf.
    Ep 4 and 5 of embedded and I've never seen Mcgregor look like he's about to "lose it" as much !
    It seems that Diaz is now in his head and roles reversed !!

When has Conor ever been in Nate's head? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Do people genuinely still go on about how one fighter got into another's head ?
    bur wrote: »
    Ha, love this from Hendo.

'When you spend 20 years grappling, you tend to be great at squeezing the consciousness out of mouthy Irishmen.'

https://champions.co/posts/4036193

Did he forget UFC 82 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Diaz via Submission
    McGregor's head looks melted. Disrespectful to turn up late, I don't blame Diaz for bailing. One chance of him winning this fight, hit and move continuously for five rounds. Diaz is like Frankenstein.

If he gets carried away and thinks he can trade, then it's lights out. Just hope the fight goes ahead. I don't care who walks away victorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Do people genuinely still go on about how one fighter got into another's head ?

Didn't you know that a lot of psychology majors follow MMA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Diaz via Submission
    Sugarlumps wrote: »
    McGregor's head looks melted. Disrespectful to turn up late, I don't blame Diaz for bailing. One chance of him winning this fight, hit and move continuously for five rounds. Diaz is like Frankenstein.

If he gets carried away and thinks he can trade, then it's lights out. Just hope the fight goes ahead. I don't care who walks away victorious.

Sure you don't...

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

Diaz via Decision
    Artem, what a legend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

How much power does Dana have now? How much have things changed for him since the sale? Or maybe they haven't?

I get get the sense Conor isn't showing him much respect these days and I was wondering was this due to maybe Dana's power having diminished?

How much power does Dana have now? How much have things changed for him since the sale? Or maybe they haven't?

I get get the sense Conor isn't showing him much respect these days and I was wondering was this due to maybe Dana's power having diminished?

Just watched episode 5 - shocked - Nate is really getting under his skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,389 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor via Submission
    Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Did he forget UFC 82 ?
    No need to go that far back either. Cormier RNC'd him too. UFC173
    Dana is in the same position now as before the sale. He's still the UFC President.
    He wasn't a controlling owner before, he's not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Conor was two steps from going full Dublin :D:D

"Yiz won't do fuckin nuthin', yiz rats" :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

ASOT wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum hopefully you stick around! In fairness to McGregor he was laughing it off until a bottle was thrown towards his girlfriend/team mates, then he obviously lost the plot. Id imagine the majority of people here would have done the same, resulting in one of the best dana moments as he screams for conor not to throw the cans haha. Watching all the embedded and his own vlogs along with roddy i disagree with your last points immensely, he looks focused and hungry, he seems alot better mentally and physically than the first fight! I really think it will be a great fight and do see him winning by doctor stoppage or tko in the third. He seems to have come on really well this camp bringing in dannis and a host of other good training partners!!

Well if this is true, then fair enough , I thought he started shouting "You'll do f\cking nuttin' - GET THE F'UCK OUTTA HEYER" before any bottle was thrown ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Conor was two steps from going full Dublin :D:D

"Yiz won't do fuckin nuthin', yiz rats" :cool:
    Should have started shouting "And wha'? And wha'?" when Diaz did his walk off ha

Love when his real accent comes out, not that dumbed down one he has to put on for 'Murica so they can understand him.. Fuuuuck them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Well if this is true, then fair enough , I thought he started shouting "You'll do f\cking nuttin' - GET THE F'UCK OUTTA HEYER" before any bottle was thrown ?
    He did, but he was also smiling and giving the fingers back to Diaz at the start, he was enjoying it til watergate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Is it just me or did that whole presser look at least partially staged? Nate walking out and them chucking bottles. Came across to me as A1 fight promotion. It will appeal to the wwe fans looking on anyway! Took the grudge to another level. People werw accusing them of a bit of bromance last week..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Looking forward to "bottle gate" being forgotten. BT aren't showing the weigh ins tonight?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,389 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor via Submission
    Interslice wrote: »
    Is it just me or did that whole presser look at least partially staged? Nate walking out and them chucking bottles. Came across to me as A1 fight promotion. It will appeal to the wwe fans looking on anyway! Took the grudge to another level. People werw accusing them of a bit of bromance last week..
    The walk out was planned by team Diaz most likely. But the UFC had no part in it, especially not the throwing ****. They'd be screwed if somebody got hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Diaz via Decision
    They reckon lawsuits are already in motion, jaysus... Thankfully it will be old news tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Mellor wrote: »
    The walk out was planned by team Diaz most likely. But the UFC had no part in it, especially not the throwing ****. They'd be screwed if somebody got hurt

Plus the whole throwing incident, and mention of it, isn't present in any of the Embedded's so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

McGregor via Submission
    Looking forward to "bottle gate" being forgotten. BT aren't showing the weigh ins tonight?!

Are they not a ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

You just can't count on Nate to have a gameplan, he turns up to fight and that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

McGregor via Submission
    JJayoo wrote: »
    You just can't count on Nate to have a gameplan, he turns up to fight and that's it.

Wrong. His game plan is to win. Diaz talks through his arse. Everything he says is just tough talk. When he wakes up Sunday morning his head will still be ringing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Wrong. His game plan is to win. Diaz talks through his arse. Everything he says is just tough talk. When he wakes up Sunday morning his head will still be ringing.

Thats tough talk right there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭SteM

Irishcrx wrote: »
    I'll be staying up Saturday and hoping Conor wins, I generally like him but I think he's playing a very risky game here.

I was annoyed at him being late fr the pressed again and actually agree with Dana White on this one it's disrespectful to everyone else involved in not only the fight but the ufc as a whole. Everyone else is on time and try the main event just bloody be on time and be a professional like toy say you are.

Dana is a rich man himself and yes conor makes the ufc money but I could see a scenario of conor losing this fight, going back to 145 where he doesn't really want to be and getting beaten by a much improved Aldo.

3 loses in a row and suddenly the act is gone could see Dana actually taking great pleasure in dropping him down the card if forced too..

You think the people that just paid 4 billion dollars for the ufc would be happy if their cash cow was dropped down the card? Personally I think the good business move would be to keep him making them money so they could start to get a return on their huge investment. Maybe I'm the crazy one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭noc1980

Conor sounding as rattled as Poirier was in their bout. Could work in his favour we'll have to wait and see but there's no question Conor would love it to see Nate so wound up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    1st thing I thought of when seeing embedded 5, was how the whole thing was like the Poirier situation. However, I think it might motivate him even more. I just hope he doesn't get sucked into a slapping match with Nate because there's no way he'll last 5 rounds standing and banging.

Advertisement