Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Diaz via Submission
    You can't bring the diazs anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 39,389 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

McGregor via Submission
    This forum/thread has sank to new unprecedented lows. I mean, I'm all for peoples having different views and opinions as the world would be boring if we all agreed.....but when people let their McGregor/SBG hatred lead them to claiming they like Jake Shields

Reaction-Pic---Shocked.jpg

Even Jake Shields Ma doesn't like Jake Shields! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor via Submission
    noc1980 wrote: »
    Conor would love it to see Nate so wound up.

But he did see Nate 'wound up' - right before Nate threw the bottle. I honestly can't believe how some see this whole thing.

When Nate, Nick and Co walked up to the back and were hurling insults (before the hurling of the bottle) it was Conor who was laughing at them.

McGregor-and-Diaz.jpg

Had they just kept on walking out the door then none of this would have happened and the presser most likely would just have continued, for good or for bad. However, they didn't keep walking, they stopped at the top because Conor was shouting at them over the mic, saying 'You'll do nothing' over and over and that clearly infuriated them (especially Nick).

Nick-Diaz-team-nate-diaz.png

375899A600000578-0-image-a-7_1471472426780.jpg

2DiazPresser-750x479.jpg

But yet despite all that, there is this nonsense narrative that Nate is chilled, in control and living in Conor's head. Don't get it. Yeah I see that the can throwing (which I feel was understandable) and the embedded clip make it clear he was angry, but why wouldn't he be after witnessing what he just had. Don't see how that is necessarily a bad thing anyway. For some fighters I guess it might be but Conor never struck me as that type. It may even be an advantage to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

McGregor via Submission
    That Artem interview with Ariel is hilarious.

What a man.

• Advertisement

McGregor via Submission
    scudzilla wrote: »
    Artem : It all looked as fake as my managers tits, i just tried to stay professional :pac::pac::pac:

Forum's gone to the dogs. Like WTF lads, seriously???? :mad:

That video was posted hours ago and nobody got photos of Artem's manager and her(hopefully!) surgically enhanced chest posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The 2 "gangs" :D

If only Dana could grow a fro

image-5-720x400.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,389 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor via Submission
    Devastator wrote: »
    Forum's gone to the dogs. Like WTF lads, seriously???? :mad:

That video was posted hours ago and nobody got photos of Artem's manager and her(hopefully!) surgically enhanced chest posted?

This is her
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/01/1409587097003_Image_galleryImage_Pamela_Anderson_attends_t.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Deadst4r wrote: »
    That Artem interview with Ariel is hilarious.

What a man.

Looking forward to his fight with Chris Avila. I think he's going to have way too much power for that kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Diaz via Submission
    Rumour has it that McGregor got so annoyed after the bottle was thrown because it was full of "tap" water.

Badum-Tish

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

I know it's kinda wrong but I would not be upset if McGregor takes another Batin. Make things more interesting. He has no style, just a knacker type with ''sudden'' money

Mod: No fighter bashing, no place for trolling either

Rumour has it that McGregor got so annoyed after the bottle was thrown because it was full of "tap" water.

Badum-Tish

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Diaz via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

I thought diaz pissed him off as mcgregor wsnt in charge at he presser but that embedded shows he did actually rattle him. The diaz' dont particularly care so i doubt nate was rattled he actually says no show if hes not there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

McGregor via Submission
    chillin117 wrote: »
    I know it's kinda wrong but I would not be upset if McGregor takes another Batin. Make things more interesting. He has no style, just a knacker type with ''sudden'' money

And with that im out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

chillin117 wrote: »

I'm not a massive MMA fan with great knowledge about it, but by god some people talk utter **** in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Should have started shouting "And wha'? And wha'?" when Diaz did his walk off ha

Love when his real accent comes out, not that dumbed down one he has to put on for 'Murica so they can understand him.. Fuuuuck them :D

Yeah his accent went much more Dublin when he was rattled.

So surprising (or maybe not) the way Diaz is really rattling Conor. For me in any type of sport when a guy gets that rattled the lose focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Just report the feckin post lads instead of filling the thread with even more sh*te.

Why is it surprising that he would get pi55ed off when Diaz threw bottles at his friends?

I just mean in general I suppose - Diaz clearly gets to him whereas normally Conor is the one who mouthing off but in a controlled manner - interesting times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

What are ye on about at all? You can tell that most people in this thread never trained in their life. "Rattled" from throwing some bottles of water? Don't be so stupid.

He reacted the same way when Aldo claimed to be the king of Dublin.

Christ, this is martial arts not f*cking fair city!

\rant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Diaz via Submission
    I didn't think he was rattled until I saw the embedded video of him backstage. I'm worried now...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Why is it surprising that he would get pi55ed off when Diaz threw bottles at his friends?

But you must get that throwing full cans of monster as hard as you can into a crowd isn't exactly a good idea, he was just as likely to hit a random fan/cop/journalist as one of Diaz's crew. If you get hit in the head you are absolutely fcuked

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

bur wrote: »
    When has Conor ever been in Nate's head? :D

In the build up to the last fight. Remember the interview where he asked Nate to go make him tea? He was totally under his skin during the entire build up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Diaz via Submission
    .ak wrote: »
    In the build up to the last fight. Remember the interview where he asked Nate to go make him tea? He was totally under his skin during the entire build up

I think your seeing what you want to see. He never got to Nate psychologically in the build up to either fight.

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    What are ye on about at all? You can tell that most people in this thread never trained in their life. "Rattled" from throwing some bottles of water? Don't be so stupid.

If you think that psychological windup strategies like this don't come into play, and affect the mind of the fighter -especially at the top level like this where reputation and public image is at stake - you're pretty naive.

And stop the nonsense with the "have you even trained bro" lines. Tell us who you are and why exactly you're an authority, if think you've the right to shout down people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Where are all these psychology experts coming from? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I think your seeing what you want to see. He never got to Nate psychologically in the build up to either fight.

You don't remember Nate storming off in the interview as McGregor laughed at him?

He completely wound him up.

The roles are completely reversed now tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

McGregor via Submission
    degsie wrote: »
    Didn't you know that a lot of psychology majors follow MMA?
    David Mullins does a few good podcasts with Robin Black and he works very closely with JK and SBG (including Conor), on the psychology side, visualisation techniques etc
    Saipanne wrote: »
    I didn't think he was rattled until I saw the embedded video of him backstage. I'm worried now...
    Ditto.

That back stage meltdown shows 2 things - 1. He was rattled 2. Itching to fight.

Also, probably the first and last time the words "i'll bleedin' burst him" have been uttered on Embedded :D
    JJayoo wrote: »
    But you must get that throwing full cans of monster as hard as you can into a crowd isn't exactly a good idea, he was just as likely to hit a random fan/cop/journalist as one of Diaz's crew. If you get hit in the head you are absolutely fcuked

Well, the current claim is that a kid was hit in the head with a can of Monster and was taken to the hospital for a CT scan.

Whether that's Dana exaggerating i don't know, but he says lawsuit is in motion.

Knowing type of person Conor is, i wouldn't be surprised to see Dee Devlin appear at UFC202 with a bandaged arm (she was hit in the arm by Duct Tape thrown by Chris Avila). Her arm is probably grand.....just like the kid was probably grand if it even happened.

Why Team Diaz was rolling with 10 year old kids is beyond me. They want to roll around like gangsters and they had 3 children under 15 in their midst? Let's say security didn't do their jobs and it ended up a mass brawl 209 v SBG.....that's no place for children.

Conors manager Audie Attar is no fool. He'll have had lawyers on speed-dial as soon as that episode happened. Conor has twice now, tongue-in-cheek ish, said he was acting in self defence and was in fear for his life.

So there's all sorts of blame being thrown around - but to my mind the blame is heavily on Team Diaz ....threw the first bottle, hit multiple members of SBG (Dee, Conor Wallace etc) and if it's true about the kid, they shouldn't have had kids with them in the first place.

McGregor via Submission
    .ak wrote: »

In the gym presser

McGregor "ya know....I like Nick's little brother, I do" as Nate's tongue got pushed so far into his upper lip it nearly came out his eye socket :D

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Where are all these psychology experts coming from? :o

Come on now! I don't think you need to be a qualified psychologist to tell when a fella is rattled.

Advertisement