Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

Diaz via Submission
    Come on now! I don't think you need to be a qualified psychologist to tell when a fella is rattled.

Ah ya do, especially to make a comment on an internet forum site. Serious business this :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Hopefully for conors state of mind he didn't hit a kid.

I'm sure he wouldn't feel too good about himself if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

**** it lads. I'm down with the 209.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,389 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor via Submission
    dashoonage wrote: »
    **** it lads. I'm down with the 209.

If you want to be down with 209...then fck you too!
    All you motherfckers,

We're playing for keeps. Winners gets the losers Tupac posters :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

I hope when the bells rings them take off their gloves and embrace like Lisa and Bart done in their hockey game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I don't care about "who's in whose head" anymore. I've seen enough Embedded videos over the last couple of years to know that they drive their own narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Diaz via Submission
    Let's be glad the bottle throwing didn't happen in Dublin, with the drunk fools there last time could have been all out riot , fans throwing **** too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Diaz via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    Artem has weighed in at 144.5 and Diaz weighs in at 170.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

daRobot wrote: »
    If you think that psychological windup strategies like this don't come into play, and affect the mind of the fighter -especially at the top level like this where reputation and public image is at stake - you're pretty naive.

And stop the nonsense with the "have you even trained bro" lines. Tell us who you are and why exactly you're an authority, if think you've the right to shout down people.

So you think that Diaz throwing a couple of water bottles and McGregor losing the head means that Diaz has McGregor in a position where he won't be able to think straight? Bollocks. McGregor has been under a lot of pressure before and is generally totally professional in his approach to a fight (except the last one because was complacent and made a balls of his conditioning).

I never said "bro" and never would. I also never said I'm an authority, but I do have a problem with these new armchair fans talking out through their holes as though the sh!te that goes on in the Embedded videos actually with determine the outcome of the fight. I'm watching Martial Arts competitions such K1/Pride/UFC etc. etc. for about 15 years and have trained in a few disciplines and I certainly don't think talking sh!t or throwing water bottles would actually affect any trained athletes performance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

McGregor via Submission
    Just 5 left to weigh in including Conor but it's not even 9am over there, no chance he'll be in for a while.

Main card (PPV at 10 p.m. ET)
    Nate Diaz (170.5) vs. Conor McGregor
    Anthony Johnson (205.5) vs. Glover Teixeira (205.5)
    Rick Story (171) vs. Donald Cerrone (170)
    Hyun Gyu Lim (171) vs. Mike Perry (169)
    Tim Means (171) vs. Sabah Homasi (170.5)

Undercard (FOX Sports 1 at 8 p.m. ET)
    Cody Garbrandt (136) vs. Takeya Mizugaki
    Raquel Pennington vs. Elizabeth Phillips (134)
    Artem Lobov (144.5) vs. Chris Avila (146)
    Randa Markos (116) vs. Cortney Casey (116)

Undercard (UFC Fight Pass at 6:30 p.m. ET)

Neil Magny vs. Lorenz Larkin
    Colby Covington (171) vs. Max Griffin (170.5)
    Alberto Uda (185.5) vs. Marvin Vettori

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

McGregor isn't remotely rattled.

The 209 are going down tomorrow night.

McGregor via Submission
    Everyone has now made weight, Magny needed the towel for 171 but no sign of Conor. I'm not suprised Motherflippers.

Edit: Actually Pennington and Larkin left as well and only an hour left. At least we know Conor is just sleepy anyway and not last minute cutting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

What's a "knacker type"?
    Somebody who suddenly gets money and their style remains Knacker. Posting examples of the cars you bought,updated with ''Knacker'' styling

McGregor via Submission
    Just out of curiousity to stop trolling in this forum would a thing like in the soccer forum not work? where people have to ask for access? I know its off topic and sorry for bringing it up, it was just an idea. Just thought it really helps keep trolling down in the soccer forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I'm interested in seeing what McGregor weighs in at, talk before of him coming in below 165 a few months back

McGregor via Submission
    Fromvert wrote: »
    I'm interested in seeing what McGregor weighs in at, talk before of him coming in below 165 a few months back

Id put a guess in at around 169

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I think he did say a while back for 196 he ate up to the weight with no cut, his plan this time was to cut down to the weight so it will be interesting to see how he weighs indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I was fairly confident Conor would do very well in the rematch but honestly after seeing how angry he was after the press conference and how calm Diaz was has me worried. If he goes into the cage that emotional I think he'll get beat around the place. Compared to how zen he was in the lead-up to Aldo, it looked like nothing bothered him.

I know he said he was going to adopt the same pressure approach as last time but I was hoping we'd see the in out style he was preparing for versus Aldo return. Diaz wants a brawl and if Conor gives it to him it won't end well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Conor weighs in at 168lbs

McGregor via Submission
    I wish this fight was at 155, it would be so much better for Conor

I wish this fight was at 155, it would be so much better for Conor

So much better, Nate is a huge 155er, no matter what anyone says and I think he'll struggle to make weight in the future. Look how gaunt he is even in the cage versus Michael Johnson.

One of his team-mates said it in the very first embedded, 170 is so much easier and comfortable for Nate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Diaz via Submission
    Conor wins knocks out nate, Nick steps in says I can make make 170lbs, don't be scared homie. We might get to see Nick v Conor someday. I can't see conor going back to 145 he'll get stripped of title. I think Nick v conor would be big pay day even bigger than nate

McGregor via Submission
    dave1982 wrote: »
    Conor wins knocks out nate, Nick steps in says I can make make 170lbs, don't be scared homie. We might get to see Nick v Conor someday. I can't see conor going back to 145 he'll get stripped of title. I think Nick v conor would be big pay day even bigger than nate

Nick wont fight Conor that is Nates fight. Same reason Nate said he wouldn't fight GSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I thought the weigh ins weren't until tonight??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Diaz via Decision

But yet despite all that, there is this nonsense narrative that Nate is chilled, in control and living in Conor's head. Don't get it. Yeah I see that the can throwing (which I feel was understandable) and the embedded clip make it clear he was angry, but why wouldn't he be after witnessing what he just had. Don't see how that is necessarily a bad thing anyway. For some fighters I guess it might be but Conor never struck me as that type. It may even be an advantage to him.

You don't get it because you are blinded. That happens in sport all the time, Nate wasn't bothered, even throwing the bottle was just a Diaz thing to do, there was no snap before it, he just kinda flung it.

Everything you say in relation to Conor comes from a place of blind love/faith/loyalty, whatever, so clearly in your head everything is going to slant in his direction.

The embedded clip clearly shows that Nate has gotten the reaction from Conor that Conor looks for and gets from other fighters generally, he has him wound up to the point where he does not appear in control, if you are not in control you are ****ed. This is an accepted point, or at least always was until someone managed to get under Conors skin more then he gets under theirs I guess.

Conor lost his control, over the press conference itself and his actions, if it were the other way around this would be celebrated by his fans, just accept it. It doesn't mean he is guaranteed to lose the fight or anything like that, the fight itself is always going to be a tough ask.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ChrisM

McGregor via KO/TKO
    dave1982 wrote: »

I can't see it either, but I think if Nate destroys him he will latch on to a title defense with Aldo. Just to keep some sort of momentum going.

Business wise, he is spot on to keep people guessing about 145.

If he beats Nate well, I reckon he will want a shot at the 155 belt next.

Either way, it is fascinating to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I didnt think much of it from conors point of view, thought it was all a bit meh. But after seeing the embedded I would say if he was being genuine, it is worrying when you think about what aldo was like before their fight. Mgregor lost it more. However, its possible Mcgregor is actually a bit more detached from it and is just putting on a show, which wasnt a possibility with aldo where he simply didnt do any showmanship.

We'll see tomorrow I guess, but conor needs to be really zen when he gets in there if he has a hope

And keep in mind after the fight they're going to both be humble af

• Advertisement

hefferboi wrote: »
    I thought the weigh ins weren't until tonight??

The fighters get to weigh in early now so they have more time to recover from the weight cut.

The weigh-ins tonight are purely ceremonial and a photo opportunity. The weight they read out will be from the scales this morning.

Advertisement