Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

McGregor via Submission
    darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    pretty sure he does try to hide something with those hats....not fear though :D
    Saipanne wrote: »
    He seems overly emotional.
    he's angry as fu*k. Look he's a typical Irish man. Someone hits your woman you wanna tear the head off them. Simple as that. Dee got hit, JK got soaked in hot coffee (he was actually seething with Jake Shields, "he aimed a hot coffee at me and my girlfriend so it's hard to come back from that"). Conor Wallace hit with hot coffee.

This is personal now.

I truly believe it was NOT personal until that incident.

Now it's personal. Conor is a gracious winner and a gracious loser. Not this time. Win or lose there will be no handshakes.

And i've a sneaky feeling if he does win he will call out Nick Diaz on the mic.
    It's makes financial sense for Diaz if he was to lose this fight.
    What does he care more about...money or a dent in pride?(only a dent as it's all square)
    It will be 1 - 1 with a final fight between the two.
    If Nate wins the world is his oyster. Title shot at 155 if he wants it. I'm sure he also likes not to be dead......so the idea he'll drop his hands and let Conor tee off and kick and punch his face in is so laughable it should almost be a banning offence for mentioning it.

Ps. Conor is fuming but i'll put money on him fighting a calm, controlled fight. He's lethal under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

i ****ing can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

McGregor via Submission
    Trade for few rounds then take a dive...

It's worth a lot more if he loses ?
    Ye saying there's no chance he could be thinking that?

if he loses he may never get 6 figures for a fight again let alone 7
    and i really don't think he'd consider it anyway

also how do you take a dive? lie there and let Conor g'n'p or what?

McGregor via Submission
    It's worth remembering the only weigh-in i can remember Conor being relaxed, chilled and smiling was Diaz v McGregor 1.

That should say something.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    Wonder, that post made too much damn sense for this thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The Cerrone/Story fight is a real interesting one for me. Story was really going nowhere until he beat Gunni that time. He's quietly gone about his business.

Not sure if I give him much of a chance but he's more than capable on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Diaz via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

McGregor via Submission
    I imagine if Conor does get the KO he expects, handshakes will be replaced by this:

https://twitter.com/MikeH2999/status/632555078050807808

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

If Nate wins the world is his oyster. Title shot at 155 if he wants it. I'm sure he also likes not to be dead......so the idea he'll drop his hands and let Conor tee off and kick and punch his face in is so laughable it should almost be a banning offence for mentioning it.

Yes but he would stand to make far more money by losing tomorrow...rematch with Conor.... win the trilogy fight and then he gets his 155 title shot anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

McGregor via Submission

Yes but he would stand to make far more money by losing tomorrow...rematch with Conor.... win the trilogy fight and then he gets his 155 title shot anyway.

Just no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

McGregor via Submission
    rusty cole wrote: »
    Im sure thats the one, I watched a few today, if not ll get the one anyway. he's not happy about it anyway

No mention of a lawsuit in that one unless I somehow missed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Diaz via Decision
    Only caught up with the weigh in there, Conor still looks way too angry, maybe he can channel it into controlled rage for the fight but you would be a bit worried for him. The walk off was funny though, looks like he copied Nate :) The fight week, zen, focused McGregor certainly stayed at home anyway, looks like proper animosity at this point which is great for us obviously. Nate looks all business, he has been guilty of coming in poor shape before, not really being switched on before but he looks completely tuned in also.

I cannot ****ing wait.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

What wer the official weights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

McGregor via Submission

And i've a sneaky feeling if he does win he will call out Nick Diaz on the mic.

Could be a huge headliner for MSG :eek: Would they risk putting both camps up against eachother though in such a historic event for them :confused: There isn't a lot I can think of that would headline over it right now. Only maybe if Jones does get a very early reduction in his ban to fight DC then that would be the bigger fight.

Diaz via Decision
    What wer the official weights?

Nate 170.5
    Conor 168

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Nate 170.5
    Conor 168

It appears like it should be a bigger gap....thought Diaz looks a lot bigger then Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

McGregor via Submission
    Devastator wrote: »
    Could be a huge headliner for MSG :eek: Would they risk putting both camps up against eachother though in such a historic event for them :confused: There isn't a lot I can think of that would headline over it right now. Only maybe if Jones does get a very early reduction in his ban to fight DC then that would be the bigger fight.

Nah, if he doesn't defend his title next he can feck off back to Dublin and stay there for good. I'm happy to see the Nate rematch but fighting Nick next would be the biggest pisstake in MMA history. Aldo's earned his second decapitation, let him have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    Brilliant vid of Ariel talking to Irish and Diaz fans

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/766786856373583872

McGregor via Submission
    Devastator wrote: »
    Could be a huge headliner for MSG :eek: Would they risk putting both camps up against eachother though in such a historic event for them :confused: There isn't a lot I can think of that would headline over it right now.

McGregor will fight Aldo next. There is no question about that.

Whether that happens at MSG or not I don't know but there is no way that his next fight won't be to defend his belt and Aldo deserves the rematch. UFC hit many birds with one stone by making sure that is McGregor's next fight.

• Advertisement

Diaz via Decision
    It appears like it should be a bigger gap....thought Diaz looks a lot bigger then Conor.

There will be a bigger gap come fight time alright, and there was at the tv weigh ins too, they both weighed in this morning so have been re hydrating since, Nate would have had a bigger cut obviously so can gain more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

McGregor will fight Aldo next. There is no question about that.

Not necessarily. If he beats Nate I wouldn't be surprised to see him vacate the belt.

Diaz via Decision
    Yep, he either defends or vacates next, one or the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Diaz via Submission
    .ak wrote: »
    You don't remember Nate storming off in the interview as McGregor laughed at him?

He completely wound him up.

The roles are completely reversed now tho.

The money channel "interview"?? It was nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

McGregor via Submission
    https://twitter.com/UFCgal4/status/766783213356351488

WTF is this Hahahahahaa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Deadst4r wrote: »

WTF is this Hahahahahaa

Two guys playing drums, which part is confusing you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

JJayoo wrote: »
    Two guys playing drums, which part is confusing you?

I imagine it's the relevance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

McGregor via Submission
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Brilliant vid of Ariel talking to Irish and Diaz fans

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/766786856373583872
    Lol poor Ariel was bricking it!!

Getting a bit tense. Great atmosphere though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

BOHtox wrote: »
    I imagine it's the relevance

Relevance to what? Where is Nate Diaz in this random video?

• Advertisement

McGregor via Submission
    Not necessarily. If he beats Nate I wouldn't be surprised to see him vacate the belt.

If this fight was a title fight I'd agree (as then he'd be holding two titles simultaneously) but I just can't see him vacating the featherweight title unless he is holding the lightweight title (welterweight I don't see him ever winning) as then it won't bother him too much as he will have held both titles at the same time, even if for only a brief period. He seems obsessed with doing that because it is what he did in CW.

Maybe to fight Alvarez but otherwise, nah, just couldn't see him vacating the belt for any fight other than a shot at the lightweight belt.

Aldo in fairness deserves the rematch too.

Advertisement