Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

McGregor via Submission
    Nice to see Joanna rocking her Conor t-shirt

https://twitter.com/joannamma/status/766965954542768128

I think she is the hottest chick in the ufc. She could choke me out any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

deisedevil wrote: »
    BT Sports is the only official way to watch it in Ireland.

Why did they do that?

I'm after linking my sky card with someone elses Eir Sports package that they weren't using. You could do that.

I don't have a sky subscription at the moment but I still have the box hooked up. Maybe that's the problem ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

McGregor via Submission
    I think she is the hottest chick in the ufc. She could choke me out any day.

valuable contribution :) I personally have a new found soft spot for Karolina. I won't even try spell her 2nd name. She likes cookies and is devastating in the clinch.

McGregor via Submission
    Just to lighten the tone in here...... :pac:

https://twitter.com/NeilSeeryMMA/status/766184979181236224

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

BTW if anyone is planning on ordering some food you can order from Marvin.ie (using a CC) and use the code "UFC202" for 15% off.

Damnit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    Seery is the funniest man in the ufc, well worth following him on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭casscass4444

Conor to win tonight.that's how these things work lads.1 all draw following 2 fights then next year the big sell out grudge match buy your tickets now or pay your ppv subscription.diaz could beat mcgregor all day every day but at the end of the day it's a business and all about selling tickets.diaz allowed win tonight mcgregor gone and no more handy money?cant be having that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Just about to head across to the T-mobile. Mixture of excitement and jet lag!

McGregor via Submission
    zuutroy wrote: »

Have a good one man!

McGregor via Submission
    zuutroy wrote: »

Fair warning - the toilet situation in the T-mobile arena is apparently a disaster if you're on the bottom floor.

Time your toilet breaks well. Apparently the layout is horrendous and massive queues even to take a leak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Submission
    Conor to win tonight.that's how these things work lads.1 all draw following 2 fights then next year the big sell out grudge match buy your tickets now or pay your ppv subscription.diaz could beat mcgregor all day every day but at the end of the day it's a business and all about selling tickets.diaz allowed win tonight mcgregor gone and no more handy money?cant be having that.

the thoughts of all the tinfoil hat brigade coming out with sh!t like this on facebook tomorrow would nearly make you want a diaz win :D:D:D

my prediction is a round 3 TKO by McGregor for anyone who cares!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

hyped up to the last here, i want conor to win this so desperately which is the total opposite of the last fight! i love nate and was so happy for him when he won the last one, sad for conor of course but now, conor HAS to win, if he doesnt he will be devestated and that makes me sad :(

watching one of the videos after the weigh in last night i was very shocked to hear conor say he was basically gonna try and knock him out, wtf dude, have ya seen the cavity block of a head on nate? i presumed he had the sense to go the 5 rounds and win by decison, because thats the only way i feel he can win this. dreaming of him knocking him out of course but nah, chances are slim to none.

prediction, diaz wins :(

hope, conor wins in the 3rd round by tko.

also this thread has been pathetic in parts, people infracted for saying they hope nate slaps the head off conor, hellooo, its mma, thats what happens?! I HOPE CONOR SLAPS THE HEAD OF NATE!

McGregor via Submission
    thank God they have got back to the old canvas.

John McCarthy was doing the pat-downs there. Don't often see him do them.

I fancy Uda for the upset here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Depp wrote: »
    the thoughts of all the tinfoil hat brigade coming out with sh!t like this on facebook tomorrow would nearly make you want a diaz win :D:D:D

my prediction is a round 3 TKO by McGregor for anyone who cares!

Oh tell me about it. Lad in work still thinks aldo fight was a fix because 'a champion for years doesn't just go down like that'. 😊

i would happily sacrifice a "good fight" for another 13 second ko from conor, thats how desperate i am for him to win this!

McGregor via Submission
    christ!

great win! nice to see another european doing well!

McGregor via Submission
    fun first fight. Vettori had a bad cut but did well to sink in the head and arm guillotine. Uda is a black belt as well, so even more impressive.

McGregor via Submission
    I feel really bad for Larkin and Magny.

There's 2 men and a sheep inside the T-Mobile at the moment.

Ghost town.

I know it's always the way for the prelims but they're too big of a name to deserve that.

McGregor via Submission
    didnt realise I needed to pick up bottles...disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Fair warning - the toilet situation in the T-mobile arena is apparently a disaster if you're on the bottom floor.

Time your toilet breaks well. Apparently the layout is horrendous and massive queues even to take a leak.

****e...been drinking water all day just to stay alive in this heat!

• Advertisement

McGregor via Submission
    I love me a guillotine! Larkin is a free agent after this as he said the UFC aren't pushing him enough. Expect him to go all out in this!

didnt realise I needed to pick up bottles...disaster

youve no drink? i'll light ya candle for ya pet x

:D:P

McGregor via Submission
    youve no drink? i'll light ya candle for ya pet x

:D:P

ive about 4 bottles i may save em, that or resort to whiskey, axwel might aswel ban me now :D:D

i presumed he had the sense to go the 5 rounds and win by decison, because thats the only way i feel he can win this.

Agree going for the decision is Conor's best bet and the smart game plan. A knockout could happen but seems a long shot.

'Burstin' his face is maybe an option for a technical stoppage?

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Agree going for the decision is Conor's best bet and the smart game plan. A knockout could happen but seems a long shot.

'Burstin' his face is maybe an option for a technical stoppage?

yeah true, i forget thats also another way of winning.

ive about 4 bottles i may save em, that or resort to whiskey, axwel might aswel ban me now :D:D

feck, 4 bottles isnt gonna cut it! skull the tae into ya for a few hours!

feck, 4 bottles isnt gonna cut it! skull the tae into ya for a few hours!

And get a straw for your beer.

lol.

McGregor via Submission
    for anyone not interested in the Prelims, i can't recommend this highly enough.

Owen has been doing the VLOGS for the last 3 weeks and the latest one is great....shows way more behind the scenes than Embedded even.

What's super encouraging to me is when Conor went "F*ck the Diaz brothers and if you're down with the Diaz brothers, f*ck you too"....a lot on here assumed he's too emotional.

Watch this VLOG. Look at his face as he went backstage. No emotion. All for show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 The Hypnotoad

McGregor getting a disclosed $3 million for tonight (2 for Diaz). Nice money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

2 cups of coffee and some American "candy" full of sugar before I lash into the booze.

I have a strong feeling I am going to crash and burn.

Pray for mojo

Advertisement