Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Nate Diaz in an exact quote said:

"We got some straight up killers training here. My boy Chris Avila would beat your (Conor) ass"

Eh. Ok Nate.

If nothing else he's gonna be feeling foolish.

I think that was more him putting his teammate 'on blast', giving him some exposure. I doubt he really believed that. I also doubt conor believes he could whoop the whole stockton team on his own :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

McGregor via Submission
    I pray Conor ko Nate. It's only way I wanna see it end. Bottom line is he needs to stop chasing the higher weight and defend his title.

Sub would be better ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

That_Guy wrote:
    Artem will do very little in the UFC. Let's be honest, he's a very limited fighter. He played his smartest fight to date for sure but he'll get fed jobbers to fill a fight card every so often.

Yep but ugc needs fighters like him not everyone can be top ten and he will not have many boring fights, he will fill out a card an be a good test for new guys and prospects, I see him as a kinda Ross pearson kinda job for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

McGregor via Submission
    I pray Conor ko Nate. It's only way I wanna see it end. Bottom line is he needs to stop chasing the higher weight and defend his title.

Praying for a stoppage myself with Nates face totally destroyed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

See a pic of Dominic Cruz wearing a green tire and pocket napkin on FS1 :) Most his interviews he's a bit anti McGregor, he must dislike Diaz more :)

• Advertisement

I'd love a mcg sub tho just to shut up Diaz rogan and all the ju jitsu brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Yep but ugc needs fighters like him not everyone can be top ten and he will not have many boring fights, he will fill out a card an be a good test for new guys and prospects, I see him as a kinda Ross pearson kinda job for them.

He can always bring back his "Prospect Killer" nickname for you!

lafors wrote:
    See a pic of Dominic Cruz wearing a green tire and pocket napkin on FS1 Most his interviews he's a bit anti McGregor, he must dislike Diaz more

Its not that cruz is anti anyone it's just he's so so so so full of himself that he comes across as a complete narcissist

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Its not that cruz is anti anyone it's just he's so so so so full of himself that he comes across as a complete narcissist

I hate Cruz's brand of arrogance. But I'm also not a fan of dillishaw. Love to see Garbrandt knock him out

he's so so so so full of himself that he comes across as a complete narcissist

Urijah is that you?!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

10-9 Pennington

TD the only real thing to separate them in truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor via Submission
    Sub would be better ha

And an "I'm not surprised muthafcukers" reply to Rogan :P

He can always bring back his "Prospect Killer" nickname for you!

Might not be a bad idea, and I'm not knocking him either I really like Artem.
    And I don't really like anyone usually ;-)

Urijah is that you?!!

See that's part of it uriajh tried to bury the hatchet after the fight and cruz just could not bring himself to be decent.

Although I will admit I love faber,

On a side note I'm not sure what's wrong with me tonight that's two fighters I complimented in a row, time for more beer I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

That_Guy wrote: »
    Artem will do very little in the UFC. Let's be honest, he's a very limited fighter. He played his smartest fight to date for sure but he'll get fed jobbers to fill a fight card every so often.

He may well be the jobber who is fed. Why didnt he go after the leg? Putting his hands up trtying to look good in an average fight

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Le_Dooner

Even though I'd prefer a Diaz win, I fancy McGregor to edge it this time. This scenario also would likely make the most financial sense for both fighers, with a third fight decider a likely occurence which would very much pleaase UFC bosses. That said I think both fighters care more about the fight itself. Should be good, though I have a slight suspicion of an early knockout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

McGregor via Submission
    He doesn't really sound like he's going for team sbg

Joe Rogan is a personal friend of Nate Diaz.

That's not conspiracy talk or anything - before the 1st fight Rogan put up pics of Nate coming to a few of his gigs.

That's not a problem he's friends with a lot of the stoner fighters (Ian McCall etc). But it definitely did and does affect his tone of commentary. And he's the one who's supposed to call it impartially to inform the newbies at home what's going on.

20-18 Pennington

Late takedown again is absolutely killing Phillips' chances in an otherwise close fight.

He may well be the jobber who is fed. Why didnt he go after the leg? Putting his hands up trtying to look good in an average fight

I get it though he's record is 0-2 he can't afford a loss but wants the fight to at least look good he has it in the bag why not at lest look like hes pushing for a ko

Suplex City at the end of the round!! :D

• Advertisement

That's not a problem he's friends with a lot of the stoner fighters (Ian McCall etc). But it definitely did and does affect his tone of commentary. And he's the one who's supposed to call it impartially to inform the newbies at home what's going on.

Yeah he's clearly pro Diaz.

But in his defence on his podcast he never picks fights as he has said on many occasions he wants to try to be as neutral as he can. But you can't blame him to root for a friend. He was much the same when schaub was.fighting and he said he found it very though to give good commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Praying for a stoppage myself with Nates face totally destroyed :)

He needs to do damage. If he loses this no one will take him serious. He went to prove his poit of being solid in different weights and fluffed the first fight. He needs to out this away and then get back to reality and defend his title in his real weight class

30-27 Pennington but wouldn't be surprised if it was given a 29-28 for Pennington either.

Not overly convincing from Raquel but sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

McGregor via Submission
    These American food adds have me starving .... No wonder Americans are chubby :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Jelle1880 wrote:
    what the actual **** lol

Its deleted what did he say???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Diaz via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    Its deleted what did he say???