Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identify plant?

Options
  • 14-08-2016 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Can someone help me identify this plant?
    I will need to move it after this summer and if I can ID it I can find out when is the best time for it to be moved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,453 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I think its a spirea. Cut off the flowerheads when it has finished flowering and lift it with a good rootball, water well. They are pretty tough. Preferably leave it till about October, but not essential provided it has tlc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Spirea japonica. Move at any time but best in early spring. A couple of weeks before moving, cut back the previous year's flowering stems to within one or two buds of the older woody framework. Also remove any thin, weak or dead growth. Then have the new hole dug and well watered before digging the plant out with as large a root ball as possible. Replant immediately and water for a few months whether you think it needs it or not.

Advertisement