Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodge cheque from US

Options
  • 14-08-2016 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, I need to lodge a cheque for around $8,000. Can I do this at an ATM or only at the counter? What are the fees for lodging? 

Thanks. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

niccim wrote: »
    Hi, I need to lodge a cheque for around $8,000. Can I do this at an ATM or only at the counter? What are the fees for lodging? 

Thanks. 
    Hi niccim, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

You will need to lodge this foreign cheque at the counter in your local branch. You can find the opening hours and counter services available in your nearest branch here

The charge for lodging a foreign cheque to your account is 1% of the value of the cheque, with a minimum charge of €1.25 and maximum of €6.35. You can find these charges on our International Fees and Charges brochure here under Section 1 (b). 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement