Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of SUSI applicant am I?H

Options
  • 14-08-2016 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I am a mature student heading into first year!
    I only recently discovered that I can apply to SUSI for contribution fees alongside the BTEA.
    On the application it states:

'You can only be assessed as a mature student if you are at least 23 years of age on the 1st of January of the year of entry for the first time or re-entry to an approved course.

If you were 23 years of age or older on 1 January 2016 and were ordinarily resident with your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) from October of the year prior to entry for the first time or re-entry to an approved course, your application will be assessed based on your parents' or legal guardians' income and your income. In the case of guardianship, you may be asked to provide legal court documents as evidence of legal guardianship.'

Last OctoberI lived in Wexford and had done for the previous two years. I was working part time and claiming part time social welfare. It was an informal arrangement, no lease or bills in my name, paying rent to a friends mother.
    At the beginning of January there was no work for me, so I moved home to my mothers place in Tipperary and signed on social welfare full time (with the intention of going to UCC in September).

I am not sure really where I fit in on the application? As I havent lived at home in 8 years before this January and am not dependant on my mother. Should I follow the guideline and state Independant as I was living away from home last October? Perhaps a social welfare document confirming I recieved a payment to my Wexford address would suffice as proof of living there?

Sorry if this is silly or obvious!
    Thanks

Advertisement