Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Garda Vetting Rules

Options
  • 14-08-2016 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

I know a new circular on Garda vetting was issued by the Department of Education in April. Am I right in saying that it states that any teacher starting a new job this September must hold a new Garda vetting certificate?

I'm currently in a job, so didn't apply for a new vetting certificate. However, my dream job has been advertised this week. Will the fact that I only hold a Garda vetting certificate from 2013 prevent me from taking this new job? And are the rules different if you have worked in the "new" school at some stage in the past?

Thanks for help clearing this up for me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭strawberrie

Apply for the job and the vetting now. If you are successful at interview the school will have to wait for your new garda vetting before they can employ you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Aquals wrote: »
    I know a new circular on Garda vetting was issued by the Department of Education in April. Am I right in saying that it states that any teacher starting a new job this September must hold a new Garda vetting certificate?

I'm currently in a job, so didn't apply for a new vetting certificate. However, my dream job has been advertised this week. Will the fact that I only hold a Garda vetting certificate from 2013 prevent me from taking this new job? And are the rules different if you have worked in the "new" school at some stage in the past?

Thanks for help clearing this up for me!

Apply for the job. I had to get vetted again this year and it was back in around three weeks. I would apply for it now because I had a few IT problems with mine. It is only necessary for schools that you have not worked for previously.

Advertisement