Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question for all GAA experts...

• 14-08-2016 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Anyone know why Camogie goalies wear the same jersey as outfield players and not there own unique jersey? Just find it peculiar since not the norm in other GAA sports??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

According to Wikipedia

Goalkeepers wear the same colours as outfield players. This is because no special rules apply to the goalkeeper and so there is no need for officials to differentiate between goalkeeper and outfielders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Something about rules are the same for camogie goalkeepers and outfield players, so no need to differentiate. In Hurling, Gaelic Football and LGFA their is some rules that is different for the goalkeeper. Like in Gaelic football the goalkeeper can pick the ball up of the ground in the small square and is protected in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Turkish1

Don't know the exact reason but Camogie is dealt with by a different association to Gaelic Football (ladies and mens), Hurling and handball. You will see the different camogie association crest on camogie jerseys versus the gaa crest on the other sports jerseys.

They have numerous different rules and I imagine this is just another. Other examples, allowed to drop Hurley, must wear a skirt/skort when playing, can handpass a goal, can catch ball 3 times etc..

Edit: beaten to it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

So a camogie goalkeeper is just another defender? Forgive my ignorance, I'm from Mayo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

So is a camogie keeper not allowed use a goalie hurl?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭justbored

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭justbored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

justbored wrote: »

Last I checked you can't catch the ball 3 times in hurling either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Turkish1

Last I checked you can't catch the ball 3 times in hurling either.

His post was in response to mine saying another difference was that in camogie you could catch three times. He was pointing out I was incorrect.

On a side note - were you ever allowed (in recent history) catch the ball 3 times in cammogie. I have it in my head that you definitely were at some point but can't say for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭earlytobed

Anyone know why Camogie goalies wear the same jersey as outfield players and not there own unique jersey? Just find it peculiar since not the norm in other GAA sports??

Camogie is not a GAA sport
    They have their own association

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

earlytobed wrote: »
    Camogie is not a GAA sport
    They have their own association

and even more old fashioned than the GAA

Advertisement