Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

put electricity in my shed

Options
  • 14-08-2016 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Well i got this house of the corporation the corpo has a thing were thay empty the house and spend 80k fixing it up with new stuff well the builders ripled out the alarm removed a washing machine outlet and took the electriciry out of the shed how would i get electricity back in the shed as you can see where the electricity was cut and the wires were found in the bin. How much would it cost for electricity back in my shed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

nathanq wrote: »
    Well i got this house of the corporation the corpo has a thing were thay empty the house and spend 80k fixing it up with new stuff well the builders ripled out the alarm removed a washing machine outlet and took the electriciry out of the shed how would i get electricity back in the shed as you can see where the electricity was cut and the wires were found in the bin. How much would it cost for electricity back in my shed

It would be impossible to answer your question without seeing the job.

The first thing you need to do is to get in contact with a registered electrical contractor and get them to come out and give you a quote.

You say the wires were cut. I wouldn't imagine they are live as that would be extremely irresponsible of the person who cut them but it wouldn't be a bad idea to check if they are or not.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

As above, this work can only be carried out by a registered electrical contractor.

The cost will depend on many factors, some of the main factors are:

1) How far the shed is from the house.

2) How large the load is electrically. A larger load requires a larger more expensive cable. So think about what you want supplied. If the load is small it may be possible to extend an existing circuit which could be more cost effective.

3) Ease at which the cable can be installed. If the cable has to be buried this may make installation more difficult and most likely a more expensive armored cable will be required. If the shed shares a wall with the house it may be a much more straightforward install.

Advertisement