Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning

Options
  • 15-08-2016 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

I picked up a warning for this post (it's edited there and with the correct version of *there* put in aswell which is always a good thing).

Originally the post was
    Is their a suicidal tendencies test?

This was apparently reported by somebody so it was edited and I was warned for flamebait wording and the mod assumed (for some reason) through PM I should have known their was a "Psych Test". But as the post is a valid question it was left there in it's current form.

Their's been 1 definite and another more than likely mass suicide by bringing down a plane by 2 nutters lately, hell theirs a suicidal tendencys blood test on the way. I see nothing wrong with what I wrote at all.

Mod PMs said come here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Hi _Tombstone_,

Assuming you've had correspondence with the mod to resolve this, would you send me the PM conversation to me by PM. We'll take a look at that during the afternoon.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Both myself and unkel have had a good chat about this and talked with Tenger, and reckon the sanction was a bit harsh with the post in question being more an unfortunate choice of wording. So we're going to get this overturned.

That said, there has been some needling of mods in the past with open questioning of modding, please let's try not to do that on thread in future.

Let me know by reply that you are happy with this so we can mark it closed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moderator note: Thread reopened on request from OP via PM on 19/08/2016. Admin Taltos obliged on 27/08/2016.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Thanks Shield/Taltos.
    tricky D wrote: »

That said, there has been some needling of mods in the past with open questioning of modding, please let's try not to do that on thread in future.
    OK, this^^was a 1 time thing over 4 months ago and didn't need to be tagged on to your post here making it look like I'm somehow at fault with this ban...I'm actually sorry I didn't dispute that ban in here at the time.

This (thread) is for the 3rd ban/infraction I've received from the same Mod with 2 of them now reversed.

Now "someone" has started to delete my posts outta the forum aswell for no reason....you'd imagine when you put up a post directing someone asking a question about a Job, to the work & jobs forum, where they might get a better answer to their question (Some Forum mods hit the thank button when you do that) and that post is then deleted that a Mod would have the decency to tell ya why it was deleted but no, asking where it went was just deleted aswell.

Is this what users have to put up with after a ban?

I've stopped using the Forum now, I've actually pretty much stopped posting content site wide like I use to. This carry on fairly sours the user experience.

You can lock this thread back up if ye want.

I'd put most/all of this^^ in the PM so someone else would just have to waste their time looking into this.

It's only a website.

The handiest thing is to just close/open a new account.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

...You can lock this thread back up if ye want.
    Sure, will do.

In relation to your remarks above - they are duly noted. Thanks for the feedback.

However, on the side-topic of deleted posts...
    I have checked your posts back to the beginning of May & only one was deleted & that was from the Legal Discussion forum. As this thread will now be closed, can you please PM me with any additional info on these posts - the thread they may have been in, an estimate of when the posts were made?

Thanks,

tHB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement