Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Meeting Point; new Catholic sex education course

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Absolam wrote: »

Well, I'd say Joseph Stalin is dead, and the Catholic Church can offer to teach anything it likes to anyone who wants to listen. But more to the point of the thread, I'd say a Catholic perspective on the morality of sexual activity is relevent and useful to anyone who wishes to be a morally upstanding Catholic, and it's good that there are Catholics prepared to make the effort to help other Catholics achieve their goals, as well as discuss issues with children that the children are likely to be thinking about anyway. I'll applaud equally any group of atheists (or agnostics) who put the time and effort into developing an equivalent moral education programme for people who want their children to receive it in schools with an atheist (or agnostic) ethos, and I'll be happy to discuss it here (and in the other forum) if they do.
    Catholic Church can offer to teach anything it likes to anyone who wants to listen.....

Worst shower to teach anything near sex education to anyone - all that letting on to live the vita apostolica while feeling each others bollocks.

And when they indulge in what seems to be their other favorite pastime and get caught out, they just drag it on and on like this brave bloke points out :

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

gctest50 wrote: »
    Worst shower to teach anything near sex education to anyone - all that letting on to live the vita apostolica while feeling each others bollocks. And when they indulge in what seems to be their other favorite pastime and get caught out, they just drag it on and on like this brave bloke points out :
    This certainly seems to be the thread for juicy language :) I think we're all aware of the scandals to be fair, and those who want to take the Church up on the offer regardless probably feel justified in doing so. Those who don't, equally so, I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

This certainly seems to be the thread for juicy language :) I think we're all aware of the scandals to be fair, and those who want to take the Church up on the offer regardless probably feel justified in doing so. Those who don't, equally so, I imagine.

Oh the juicy language oh its the thread for it, it is, it is

Dodging and diving again

Worst shower to teach anything near sex education to anyone

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

robindch wrote: »
    That's all that all religions want to do - to acquire more believers,

Not just believers but also land, money etc
    Its not just about the people, its also about wealth and assets

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Whats worrying about that last video is the person beside the camera man appears to be laughing,
    The guy is **** while kids are singing, thats f*cked up

• Advertisement

gctest50 wrote: »
    Oh the juicy language oh its the thread for it, it is, it is Dodging and diving again Worst shower to teach anything near sex education to anyone
    I get the impression you feel you've something to get off your chest? Are you perhaps unhappy with the behavior of some members of the Church? It's just a wild guess you understand. How does it involve the new Meeting Point course, as a matter of interest, sort of thing?

Cabaal wrote: »
    Not just believers but also land, money etc
    Its not just about the people, its also about wealth and assets
    And there's no doubt at all that The Meeting Point illustrates that perfectly... in some fashion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Bristolscale7

Has someone already pointed out that "The Meeting Point" sounds like a casual sex app?

Recedite did allude to googling it leading him to a dating website, if that helps? Though in fairness he didn't make a case for how the allusion was constructive, or that it in any way added useful information to the forum. But I think you thanked the post all the same :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I like the way your sig sums up the bible

• Advertisement

I like the way your sig sums up the bible
    That's very kind of you I'm sure, and it's nice that you're trying to add something to the conversation.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

That Vatican-sponsored course on sex, btw, is available from here:

http://www.educazioneaffettiva.org/first-unit/?lang=en

A quick thirty seconds look suggests that it's beyond useless, not to mention a little creepy in places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,611 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

robindch wrote: »
    That Vatican-sponsored course on sex, btw, is available from here:

http://www.educazioneaffettiva.org/first-unit/?lang=en

A quick thirty seconds look suggests that it's beyond useless, not to mention a little creepy in places.

I had a flick though some of the tabs, it just seemed very obtuse , Im pretty sure the "youtube" generation would just be wondering "get to the bloody point!"

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

The camping pics on the website seem to be some sort of analogy for the course itself.
    The group of youths start off with their tents in good working order, but gradually they become more and more confused, until by the time they have completed the final "6th Unit" they are hopelessly lost :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,742 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You would have to feel sorry for the teacher given the job of teaching that course. It probably has issues with the translation, but the number of double entendres just waiting to be found by the students would reduce the class to hysteria in no time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

recedite wrote: »
    The camping pics on the website seem to be some sort of analogy for the course itself.
    Not so sure - there seem to be two girls and two tents but three guys - and four out of the five are wearing rubber protection.

There's a message right there, but it doesn't look all that catholic to me - a project for "sexual formation" indeed!

Advertisement