Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cardio

• 15-08-2016 7:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

After being ill I am trying to ease myself back into exercise and I was wondering how much cardio is sufficient to maintain overall health while trying to put on some weight.

My weight went from 78kg to 49kg. My weight is currently at 58/59kg and I aiming to get to 70kg by January. Hopefully.

I was thinking 5 x 30 mins steady state cardio sessions is sufficient plus I am always on my bike going to the shops etc is enough. What do you guys think? Should I even be attempting cardio while trying to put on weight?

Thanks for the advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Yes to cardio, also yes to more food if needed.

Nate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭jennyjoy

You can keep up cardio but instead of focusing on always doing steady cardio, throw in intervals, hills, etc. It's important to switch it up and intervals with sprints and hills adds to more muscular legs which can in turn increase weight. Definitely increase protein intake to increase weight and you may have to increase your portions as well but still be sure what you eat is clean and healthy to not just put on fat.

Advertisement