Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPad ios 5.1.1

Options
  • 15-08-2016 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

I have recently received a Ipad, i think its the first gen Ipad.
    I've checked the settings and its telling me ios 5.1.1 is up to date and is not offering me an upgrade to a later version.
    this has been sitting on a shelf for over 12 months and unused

Am i stuck with this of is there a way to upgrade the software -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

If it does not offer an upgrade, you are stuck and not only OS-wise, but also app-wise. There will be lots of applications that either won't run, or they will run but won't work correctly.
    Unfortunately, old mobile devices, become obsolete very easy since nobody wants to maintain old applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

thanks guys - i thought as much,

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

dball wrote: »
    thanks guys - i thought as much,

FFS

It's still worth something, though. It might not do you as a main tablet, but as long as safari works it'll function adequately as an internet device. Or maybe use it as a streaming device connected to a TV? Or a digital photo frame?

Advertisement