Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best college to study ACCA

• 15-08-2016 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

I've passed the cap2s but don't fancy my chances at the FAEs so defecting to ACCA. Where in Dublin is the best place to study for them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

bigmc23 wrote: »
    I've passed the cap2s but don't fancy my chances at the FAEs so defecting to ACCA. Where in Dublin is the best place to study for them?

Without hesitation City College, especially a guy called Mickey Farrell. See the prizewinners on the Banner Adverts. Shaun makes a dry subject interesting and enjoyable as well !!

CITY COLLEGE is the best, better than all the rest !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭CassieManson

bigmc23 wrote:

I think it depends on the lecturer for each paper. Some lecturers are better than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

If Gerry Fahy in DBS is teaching any of your courses I would recommend him highly. Pass rates very very high. I had him for some courses and we all got high scores (70%+).

Its him I recommend rather than dbs, it's all about the teacher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

It totally depends on the subject, no college is excellent for all subjects.

I moved around to the best lectures for each subject not per college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭bigmc23

Turns out my employer only uses Independent colleges so will be going there regardless!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 John Luttrell

Independent Colleges are now AccountancySchool.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Turns out my employer only uses Independent colleges so will be going there regardless!

Liam Doran and dave O'Donoghue are there (both excellent) so you'll be grand

Be careful of the waffle... !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

I've done several ACCA modules in Independent Colleges (Accountancy School) and I have to say that I enjoy (as much as you can) the lecturers, very engaging.

• Advertisement

robo wrote: »
    I've done several ACCA modules in Independent Colleges (Accountancy School) and I have to say that I enjoy (as much as you can) the lecturers, very engaging.

Do you enjoy Dave, Liam, Mel,Shane . Sorry forgot to say Mel isn't there anymore. my sincere apologises, I think Mel learnt a lesson, excellant notes, excellant tutor, excellant pass rates, city centre location, the best place to go without hestiation is CITY !!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

BigMc out of interest what exams do you have left to do at ACCA after passing Cap 2?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    BigMc out of interest what exams do you have left to do at ACCA after passing Cap 2?

I would guess the P's would apply, Bigmc you might confirm ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Do you enjoy Dave, Liam, Mel,Shane . Sorry forgot to say Mel isn't there anymore. my sincere apologises, I think Mel learnt a lesson, excellant notes, excellant tutor, excellant pass rates, city centre location, the best place to go without hestiation is CITY !!.

Am starting tonight with Dave on F8 - haven't had lectures with him yet!

robo wrote: »
    Am starting tonight with Dave on F8 - haven't had lectures with him yet!

Enjoy the dry wit !

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭bigmc23

DrPhilG wrote:
    And of course no option to not receive the shltty merchandise to save yourself the international shipping costs.

emmetkenny wrote:

5 p papers (3 essentials, 2 optionals) I Could've went straight to the same entry point after the cap1s as acca don't give any credit for cap2 passes or fae for that matter. Either way there's a few of the exams that will stand to me going forward especially fr and sfma for corporate reporting and bus analysis on the acca. Pm me if u need any more info!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭wez99950

Any recommendations for course/lecturers for P5? Irish or otherwise? I will be living abroad whilst studying for the Dec exam so will be doing online courses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭Timbo1987

Mick Bristow in AccountancySchool is very good as is Jim Daly in Griffith. Both do P5

If doing P2 then get Liam Doran in AccountancySchool. He's brilliant

wez99950 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for course/lecturers for P5? Irish or otherwise? I will be living abroad whilst studying for the Dec exam so will be doing online courses

try city_ lectures are online, should suit you down to the ground. Ask about the pass rates, plus chat to your man Owen.

Timbo1987 wrote: »
    Mick Bristow in AccountancySchool is very good as is Jim Daly in Griffith. Both do P5

If doing P2 then get Liam Doran in AccountancySchool. He's brilliant

there is only 1 college in town, thats city beside the dbs place !

• Advertisement
Advertisement