Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 alarm issue

Options
  • 15-08-2016 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭

Until recently, when my alarm goes off the screen would stay lit long enough for me to wake, find phone, hit snooze and doze off again. Lately the screen lights up as normal when the alarm sounds but goes dark after about 5 seconds (alarm still working away). Its a minor annoyance but i need to press the home button to light the screen and the hit snooze.

Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

xabi wrote: »
    Until recently, when my alarm goes off the screen would stay lit long enough for me to wake, find phone, hit snooze and doze off again. Lately the screen lights up as normal when the alarm sounds but goes dark after about 5 seconds (alarm still working away). Its a minor annoyance but i need to press the home button to light the screen and the hit snooze.

Anyone else notice this?

its normal to go off after a few secs. Just hit the sleep or volume button and the snooze timer kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

It certainly wasn't normal for me, it's going off after a few seconds. There's a thread about it in one of the mac forums but no solution. http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-screen-turns-off-during-alarm.1967026/

It certainly wasn't normal for me, it's going off after a few seconds. There's a thread about it in one of the mac forums but no solution. http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-screen-turns-off-during-alarm.1967026/
    Must have been wired into an update, perhaps ios9 ? That said, for what you need, the side buttons are easier accessed if you are stretching across from bed to a locker/bedside table.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Yeah, looks like im going to have to get used to using the buttons, incidentally, do all the side buttons activate snooze?

Yeah, looks like im going to have to get used to using the buttons, incidentally, do all the side buttons activate snooze?
    Yup, any of the 3.

• Advertisement
Advertisement