Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ATH Semi-Final Match #1- LeeJM V Imnotthehulk

• 15-08-2016 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭

With voting going well in teh 2 remaining Q-Finals, our first Semi Final begins with LeeJM taking on Imnotthehulk!. Both guys have done very well to get here and are both capable of going all the way.

Here is your question folks....have at it!

Semi Final Question #1 :

Qf1 : Wellllllllllllll.....Its a Big Show Question!

50315d0d370e40a8f2ff0ac14c567268.jpg

Fantasy booking time! It is January 1st, 2017, and Finally The Big Show is retiring from the ring. The match with Shaq is booked for Wrestlemania but Shaq tears his ACL in preparation for the match and is ruled out.

Vince wants Big Show to go out with a bang and wants you to book him in a big match at Wrestlemania 33. Its up to you to book the feud.

You can book him against anyone....... Anyone on the roster, full time or part or even any celeb. But the one catch is that Vince wants Show to have a big WTF Wrestlemania moment.

Who would you have him face and how would it go down? Whats big spectacular moment can you come up with???

After your first post, why would your choice be better than your opponents?

Goodluck fellas!

Who had the best idea? 3 votes

ImnottheHulk ( Mayweather v Big Show 2)
    0% 0 votes
    LeeJM (Conor McGregor v The Big Show)
    100% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

I don't think I'm very good at the fantasy planning as others are ... but I'll give it a whirl ...

Big Show has had many highs in his wrestling career, but possibly the biggest stain on it is his loss to a man called Floyd Mayweather Jr.

My plan for Big Show would be at the Royal Rumble for him to announce his intentions to retire at Wrestlemania after winning the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal. Show has a great talent for giving emotional promos, and his retirement announcement would be one of these. Lumpy throats all around.
    But just as he gets close to the end of his speech, none other than Floyd "Money" Mayweather Jr appears. He’s heard rumours about Show’s retirement and wanted to make sure he was there to rain on Show’s parade and remind him of his loss to Mayweather, but now ... it looks like Floyd will have another chance to humiliate Show at Wrestlemania again! And this is something he can’t pass up. Mayweather will do whatever it takes to make sure Show doesn’t walk away with the Andre The Giant trophy!

Throughout February and March Mayweather recruits several wrestlers to his cause, some like Kevin Owens, for mercenary reasons, and others such as The Miz, for their history with Show. Of course we see Floyd and Show cut promos on each other. Sometimes in person, sometimes on video (no need for Floyd to have a full time schedule here). Other wrestlers, more honourable wrestlers, such as Cesaro, Sami Zayn, whomever, stand beside Show, promising to ensure he has a fair fight. Of course Baron Corbin insists on defending his trophy and doesn’t care who he has to beat. On the last PPV before mania Floyd announces his last ally .... BROCK LESNAR!

Wrestlemania comes and it’s time for the big match. Mayweather and his allies vs Show and his allies (And Baron Corbin in the middle). After the fight starts Mayweather ducks out early on, underneath the bottom rope to avoid the bulk of the fighting. Eventually we’re left with just Corbin, Lesnar, and Show in the ring (Floyd on the outside still eligible). Heyman joins the commentary at this stage. Show eliminates Corbin ... Mayweather slides back into the ring, he pats Lesnar on the back and has a word with him .... BUT WHAT’S THIS! Lesnar F5’s Mayweather! He’s prone on the ground ... Heyman tells us all that Floyd was a fool and that NOBODY CAN BUY THE BEAST! Lesnar and Show converse for a moment ... Lesnar drops underneath the ring, pulls out a table, slides it into the ring. Lesnar sets the table up, Show puts Floyd on the table, and then climbs to the top rope, to deliver a flying elbow through the table onto Floyd. Show then picks him up, and throws him over the rope. Only for Lesnar to catch Show with an F5! He goes to throw Show out of the ring, only for Show to skin the cat ... he catches hold of Lesnar’s throat, and in one last attempt is able to chokeslam Lesnar out of the ring!

Show collapses as the ring fills with his former allies, Lesnar is pissed on the outside but is forced to leave by security and Heyman. Show regains some strength and composure as he is presented with the Andre trophy and cheers of Thank You Big Show ring out as he leaves one last time.

So there you have it. That’s who Show would face, that’s how it would more or less go down. Big Moments? You’ve got Lesnar F-5ing Floyd Mayweather, followed by Big Show delivering a flying elbow to Mayweather on the table. That’s 2 Big Moments for the price of one. Not to mention many of the classic promos and confrontations that Mayweather, Heyman and Show would deliver on the road to Mania. The format of a battle royal protects Show’s slowing skills, protects Mayweather, but still allows for a competitive match to take place around them. Lesnar in the mix adds to the star power of the match, adds depth to it, and the loss wouldn’t tarnish him too much (as it’s at the end of a highly contested battle royal). The Beast would still be the Beast, and there is the possibility of capitalising on the Lesnar Mayweather beef further down the line (if the opportunity arises).

Show gets a victory and send off befitting the man's career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Conor McGregor vs Big Show @WrestleMania 33

Have I got your attention now? Damn right I do. Im gonna book Big Show in a match that he more than anybody else in wrestling specializes in, the mainstream celeb vs wrestler WrestleMania match. But not just any celebrity! No he will be facing the most talked about man in combat sport history not named Ali or Tyson. Love him or hate him Conor McGregor is box office. People pay to see him win and people pay to see him lose. And Conor brings an aura to a card that nobody else can. Now how I book it is as follows :

Monday 12th December Monday Night Raw The Slammys Show

Big Show will be awarding some social media Slammy which Big E or somebody will win but Big Show continues to hang around after Big E accepts his award. Show asks that the music is cut off

"You know presenting this award has really made me think about the power of social media and Twitter in particular. And just how strong the WWE Universe is on Twitter. And I know its no secret that everybody on Twitter knows I am retiring after WM 33. So because its gonna be my last WM I feel I should go out with a bang. I should do something BIG.

A couple of months ago some punk called out the WWE roster on Twitter trying to promote himself. I stayed quiet because plenty of my peers were able to respond and shut the guy up. But you know I still see this guy talking crap about the wrestling business, talking about what we do and how we entertain. Well Im done staying quiet.........

CONOR MCGREGOR you wanna talk crap about this company and our locker room? Im calling you out right now on Worldwide TV! Put up or shut up time Conor. January 2nd, the first Raw of 2017, live from MSG. I wanna see you stand in front of me and talk sh*t then little man" Show throws down the mic and walks off.

That would have the whole world buzzing over Xmas! Generally a time very little of note happens in wrestling. It would be on ESPN constantly.

Jan 2nd McGregor shows up and we get a face off (face to chest) between them. McGregor has all of the SBG crew with him and Show is surrounded by WWE officials like Finlay, Kidman etc... McGregor says he is here because Dana White opened his cheque book and told him to show up. He says he has nothing to prove to Show. Show says Conor is a show man so how about he shows up to the "Ultimate" event, the show of shows, WrestleMania. Conor says no and begins to leave. Big Show begins to laugh and says "oh thats right I forgot you cant beat anybody thats bigger than you! And trust me I hit a lot harder than Diaz" This angers McGregor who looks p*ssed off now and he storms back into the ring. He gets right into Shows face and says "You just made the biggest mistake of your f*ckin life" as he shoves Show and this sets off a melee in the ring.

Over the build to WM we would see Big Show taking on ex MMA fighters on Raw. We would also see Show down at the Performance Centre training with Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn and Bas Rutten. At the same time we would get regular videos of Conor training with not only his SBG crew but also MMA guys that have pro wrestling experience like Josh Barnett, Don Fyre and his main pro wrestling coach Taz. These would show each main trying to learn how to negate the others main strengths. 2 weeks from WM we would get a contract signing and another face off but this time absolutely no contact is made by either man.

At WrestleMania it would be billed as a No Holds Barred "Ultimate" Showdown. For the match itself both entourages would be ringside. In the first exchange Conor would show his hand and feet speed and land some clean shots and in the process "break" and bloody Shows nose. Your WTF moments in the match are Conor hitting Big Show with a Stone Cold Stunner, Big Show connecting with the KO Punch and Conor getting up before the 10 count, Big Show putting Conor in a rear naked choke which was broken up by John Kavanagh and Ken Shamrock then putting John Kavanagh in the ankle lock during a brawl between the entourages which leads into the finish. Big Show gets distracted cheering on his entourage beating the píss out of the SBG guys (Barnett, Fyre and Taz all stand back and watch the brawl) and Conor takes his chance to land 3 consecutive unanswered straight left hands (think the Aldo fight) but they only put Show to knees, and Conor follows up with some type of Capoeira kick which is enough for the 1.....2.....3.

Now yes I have Show losing his final match but it would be the biggest match of his entire career. He would be there to carry Conor through and give him a credible win against a name star that a loss wouldnt damage. Its also a win Conor can brag about should he ever return.

And the reason I have Conor use the F word is to make the moment seem real. WWE have been skirting using bad language a tonne lately so an outsider coming in and dropping the F bomb is a moment they can say wasnt planned and also add to the legitimacy of the moment.

Before I even get to the contestants, I want to address the two different match types.

You have Show facing McGregor in a one on one match. (with a 10 count finish?)

I have him in a 20 Battle Royal.

Remember that Big Show is a wrestler who has never been known for his incredible cardio/stamina, and as the years have gone on he has slowed down quite a bit. Putting him in a 1 v 1 match with another wrestler might be grand, but putting him in a 1 v 1 match with a non wrestler, giving him all the responsibility to carry this non wrestler to a great match is just asking too much!

Putting Show into a battle royal allows Show to hit some big moves on various opponents, but also to work at a much slower pace, so when those big moments (like skinning the cat, diving elbow onto Mayweather through table, chokeslamming Lesnar out of the ring) come he will be relatively fresh. A battle royal also means that Mayweather's lack of wrestling experience can be hidden. A lot of the match can be carried by other wrestlers as until finally Show is left with Mayweather and Lesnar.

Why are Mayweather and Lssnar the main opponents?
    They both have history with Show. Obviously Show was a big stepping stone in Lesnar's initial run, and one which solidified The Beast as a main event monster. On the otherhand Mayweather and Show still have unfinished business after Mayweather defeated Show by knockout at Wrestlemania 2008.

Show facing McGregor doesn't make too much sense. Cena, Lesnar, Rollins, Ambrose, Owens, Zayn, almost any other wrestler you might name makes more sense in a match with McGregor. Even 'Taker who has changed his move set over the years to include some MMA style moves would be a much better and more sensible choice for a fight with McGregor.

If you ignore that, and look at McGregor, all he really is is a pale imitation of Floyd Mayweather. Both great talkers, only one of them has been able to back up their mouths with actions, and that's the undefeated Floyd Mayweather. As we all know McGregor lost his last MMA match, and has had to step away from the spotlight because of it. Mayweather has never had to eat crow.

Mayweather currently hold's the record for PPV buys (4.5million) for his fight with Manny Pacquiao. McGregor's highest PPV buy (just a few months after Mayweather's record was set) is 1.5 million buys. (Lesnar still holds the record for UFC with 1.6 million buys).

Who would draw more main stream attention to WWE? You had better believe it would be Floyd Mayweather. We all remember his first interactions with Big Show being broadcast and covered by mainstream media all over, not just the sports channels. No way McGregor gets that sort of attention, especially outside of Ireland.

Now, in regards to the match as you have it, there's a couple of things I'm confused about. Is McGregor a heel? But he's using the Stone Cold Stunner? No deal. I understand you want McGregor to be seen to use a wrestling move, but that's completely the wrong move for a 5foot 8 welterweight to break out on a 7 foot 400lb giant. Show putting McGregor in a rear naked choke? A 7ft 400lb giant putting a 5ft 8 170lb welterweight into a rear naked choke? Not seeing that either.

The end of the match with McGregor as you have it ... it's very similar to how Mayweather's fight ended. Show got distracted by Mayweather's entourage, gets three chairshots to the head, and then the knock punch with brass knuckles. You have three straight punches and a head kick instead. The notes might be different, but the song remains the same. Even "breaking" Show's nose harkens back to Mayweather's feud with the big man.

And THEN! You have McGregor win the fight. As McGregor celebrates Show is a knocked out, bloodied, broken nosed mess. For what? So McGregor will be credible if he decides to have another fight?

My finish Show gets revenge on Mayweather, revenge Wrestling fans would love to see, he also defeats his old rival Lesnar, and he raises the Andre The Giant Memorial trophy over his head, which also relates to Show's beginings in the industry as Andre's son.

Your answer, Show is defeated, yet again, at wrestlemania by a non wrestler (just as he lost to Akebono, just as he lost to Mayweather).

My answer, Show stands tall, gets revenge on Mayweather, beats Lesnar, and gets the send off the legend deserves.

Here we go........

Big Show Floyd Mayweather II vs Big Show Conor McGregor. One is a match we have seen before (and it was a tonne of fun) and the other is one time only EVENT featuring the WWE debut of the most talked about athlete in combat sports this decade. One is a Battle Royal featuring a star (Brock) that would outshine both Big Show and Mayweather and is also a waste of Brock, the other is a definitive one on one featuring a select group of guys who are chosen so as not to outshine the real stars. One is for a trophy which is already meaningless considering the 3 previous winners have all done zilch as the ATGMBR Champion, the other is a match you sell the event on, its one of 3 Main Events used to market the show.

Im sorry Hulky but your angle is just a jumbled mess. It needlessly involves 18 other wrestlers and prominently features Brock, Kevin Owens, The Miz, Corbin, Cesaro and Zayn. Brock is a huge draw and isnt getting involved as a bit part in somebody elses story, he gets his own "main event" WM feuds.

So Brock turns on Mayweather in the match only to then turn on Big Show. So Brock comes in as a heel, turns face and helps Show beat up Floyd to once again turn heel all in the process of losing his heat while being beaten by a guy that is retiring.....OKIE DOKIE.

As for your WTF moments. First Big Show is capable of getting to the top and doing elbow so I can see that but in no reality is a 500lbs BS elbowing a non wrestler through a table! Just not gonna happen especially with a non wrestler as small as Floyd. Second, BS skinning the cat?! Nope, no, never. He just wouldnt be able for it especially after competing in a 10+ minute match.
    Before I even get to the contestants, I want to address the two different match types.

You have Show facing McGregor in a one on one match. (with a 10 count finish?)

I have him in a 20 Battle Royal.

Remember that Big Show is a wrestler who has never been known for his incredible cardio/stamina, and as the years have gone on he has slowed down quite a bit. Putting him in a 1 v 1 match with another wrestler might be grand, but putting him in a 1 v 1 match with a non wrestler, giving him all the responsibility to carry this non wrestler to a great match is just asking too much!

First its a 10 count KO tease, we see them in 90% of PPV matches after a double knock down. So BS isnt able for a 1 vs 1 match full of shortcuts but he can skin the cat at the end of a Battle Royal??? He wont need "incredible" cardio for a 1 vs 1 with Conor. Its a spectacle, an EVENT. It doesnt need to get 5 snowflakes off Meltzer to be a great match (see the first Mayweather fight). It would be a slow paced match with a tonne of planned spots and bells and whistles, if Vince can manage a match at 70 yrs of age Im pretty sure BS, who is still an active competitor will be fine with Conor.
    Why are Mayweather and Lssnar the main opponents?
    They both have history with Show. Obviously Show was a big stepping stone in Lesnar's initial run, and one which solidified The Beast as a main event monster. On the otherhand Mayweather and Show still have unfinished business after Mayweather defeated Show by knockout at Wrestlemania 2008.

As already said Lesnar has no place involved in this. He is a bigger WWE star than either Show or Mayweather. And what is the unfinished business? Mayweather won clean (it was no dq therefore he did nothing wrong) was never seen in WWE again and Big Show moved on with his career. Dont see any relevant issue or why Mayweather would wanna rain on Shows parade. He has beaten him already therefore has nothing to prove in WWE.
    Show facing McGregor doesn't make too much sense. Cena, Lesnar, Rollins, Ambrose, Owens, Zayn, almost any other wrestler you might name makes more sense in a match with McGregor. Even 'Taker who has changed his move set over the years to include some MMA style moves would be a much better and more sensible choice for a fight with McGregor.

If you ignore that, and look at McGregor, all he really is is a pale imitation of Floyd Mayweather. Both great talkers, only one of them has been able to back up their mouths with actions, and that's the undefeated Floyd Mayweather. As we all know McGregor lost his last MMA match, and has had to step away from the spotlight because of it. Mayweather has never had to eat crow.

Mayweather currently hold's the record for PPV buys (4.5million) for his fight with Manny Pacquiao. McGregor's highest PPV buy (just a few months after Mayweather's record was set) is 1.5 million buys. (Lesnar still holds the record for UFC with 1.6 million buys).

Show makes absolute sense. There is a reason he is always the guy involved with celebrities in WWE. He is easy to work with. He looks good to the mainstream (7ft tall), he is known in the mainstream because of his height and past interactions with celebrities and ultimately because beating BS looks great for a celeb but does nothing to damage BS in anyway. All those names you mentioned are currently more important to WWE than BS therfore shouldnt be anywhere near Conor or any other celeb. Just look at the damage the John Stewart stuff did to Cena and Rollins this time last year.

Way to downplay Conor. He has lost 1 UFC in 3 or 4 years because unlike Mayweather he actually faces ppl who are competitive. Mayweather is one of the most protected boxers in the history of pugilism. And I dont recall Conor stepping out of the limelight. He is still running his mouth as busily as ever. He is going back now hoping to avenge his loss against the advice of others. And lets not forget he is still a UFC Champion.

As far as PPV draws go, boxing is a far more popular and well established sport than UFC so no surprise that a "big" boxing match will outdraw a "big" UFC event.
    Who would draw more main stream attention to WWE? You had better believe it would be Floyd Mayweather. We all remember his first interactions with Big Show being broadcast and covered by mainstream media all over, not just the sports channels. No way McGregor gets that sort of attention, especially outside of Ireland

Conor is a worldwide star not just an Irish star, this isnt Daithi O S im talking about here. Not a week goes by on American or even British tv that you dont see or hear the name Conor McGregor. Now Floyd is a big star but only when it suits him. You think WWE wanna deal with Floyds domestic abuse issues (a real hot topic in American sports right now), what about Floyds shady as f*ck father? Thats exactly the kind of stuff WWE dont want or need.
    Now, in regards to the match as you have it, there's a couple of things I'm confused about. Is McGregor a heel? But he's using the Stone Cold Stunner? No deal. I understand you want McGregor to be seen to use a wrestling move, but that's completely the wrong move for a 5foot 8 welterweight to break out on a 7 foot 400lb giant. Show putting McGregor in a rear naked choke? A 7ft 400lb giant putting a 5ft 8 170lb welterweight into a rear naked choke? Not seeing that either.

The end of the match with McGregor as you have it ... it's very similar to how Mayweather's fight ended. Show got distracted by Mayweather's entourage, gets three chairshots to the head, and then the knock punch with brass knuckles. You have three straight punches and a head kick instead. The notes might be different, but the song remains the same. Even "breaking" Show's nose harkens back to Mayweather's feud with the big man.

And THEN! You have McGregor win the fight. As McGregor celebrates Show is a knocked out, bloodied, broken nosed mess. For what? So McGregor will be credible if he decides to have another fight?

Conor would be a heel but like everyone else he would still get a smattering of cheers. Its a wrestling match so suspension of disbelief is the name of the game. Conor hitting a Stunner no less real than Rey Mysterio taking BS off his feet or Daniel Bryan beating BS. And its a Stunner as it would get a huge WTF pop to see Conor do a WWE move. The rear naked choke spot is a call back for McGregor fans as thats what Diaz used to beat Conor in the first fight so it would be a legit near fall/will he tap moment that also pays off the training videos with Shamrock etc.

Yep it is similar to the original Mayweather finish as that was a damn good match and the finish made sense. Just like it would here. Very same with the nose breaking, its all a slight homage to the previous biggest match of Shows career.

Yea McGregor wins because life isnt always fair. The good guy doesnt always win. And lets face it Big Shows career is all about putting people over. He would be doing the "honours" in a main event to a guy that would hopefully be back to make more money for WWE unlike himself who is retiring.

The next night on Raw we would get a huge Big Show retirement deal to close the show similar to the Ric Flair retirement. That is what everyone would remember! Not winning some Battle Royal or losing to a celebrity.

Here we go indeed ........
    Yep it is similar to the original Mayweather finish as that was a damn good match and the finish made sense. Just like it would here. Very same with the nose breaking, its all a slight homage to the previous biggest match of Shows career.

One man's homage is another man's rip off. This is Big Show's last match, we don't want to see the same thing we saw before when he was younger, fitter, and leaner!

And for me that's one of the two biggest problems with your answer. It's all a repeat of what's gone before.

The other biggest problem .... even worse than the repeated notes and "homages" ... Show's bloodied body laying in the ring at the end of the match as Conor McGregor celebrates around him.

The next night on Raw we would get a huge Big Show retirement deal to close the show similar to the Ric Flair retirement. That is what everyone would remember! Not winning some Battle Royal or losing to a celebrity

This is wrong! When people think about the end of Ric Flair's career, what comes to mind first is Shawn Michael's emotional "I love you, I'm sorry" before delivering a sweet chin music to Flair. Then, after that maybe we'll think about the Flair's' Raw special. But probably not.

Those are my two biggest issues. But not my only ones. We get to see videos of McGregor getting Pro Wrestling training from the likes of ... Josh Barnett, Don Frye, and Taz?! Barnett's and Frye's wrestling experience is mostly limited to Japan ... fans wouldn't have a clue who they are or why they're relevant. Taz? At least he's a pro wrestler that some might recognise, and I guess unlike most pro wrestlers he won't tower over McGregor. (I think Finlay would've been a much better option over Taz ..... not that I want to help with some suggestions!)

On the other hand Show gets training from a whole other set of MMA fighter turned wrestlers .. and some fans might even recognise Ken Shamrock ... despite his lack of relevance to either MMA or Pro Wrestling for most of the last decade.

So along with McGregor, WWE has to bring in his SBG entourage ... AND a quite a bunch of former MMA/Pro Wrestling "all stars".

First its a 10 count KO tease, we see them in 90% of PPV matches after a double knock down.
    Big Show connecting with the KO Punch and Conor getting up before the 10 count

Now this big moment ... does Big Show connect with both Conor and himself? Or does he stand back at a job well one thinking Conor won't get up for the 10 count?
    First Big Show is capable of getting to the top and doing elbow so I can see that but in no reality is a 500lbs BS elbowing a non wrestler through a table! Just not gonna happen especially with a non wrestler as small as Floyd.
    Mayweather isn't made of glass, this is a move that could be carried out without much risk to him. It's one that looks nasty but is relatively safe! Just look at Moolah getting put through tables in her 70's!
    Second, BS skinning the cat?! Nope, no, never. He just wouldnt be able for it especially after competing in a 10+ minute match.
    He has done it before. And one of the advantages of a Battle Royal is that it gives him a chance to rest when the action is taking place elsewhere.

Show makes absolute sense. There is a reason he is always the guy involved with celebrities in WWE. He is easy to work with. He looks good to the mainstream (7ft tall), he is known in the mainstream because of his height and past interactions with celebrities and ultimately because beating BS looks great for a celeb but does nothing to damage BS in anyway.
    Nothing to damage BS? You are kidding me. Losing to Akebono certainly hurt Show in the eyes of the fans. He had to rebuild that image and that was not easily done. Losing to Mayweather may not have harmed his image ... but losing to McGregor in a very similar match? Of course that will tarnish his image.

There are many more wrestlers who it would make sense to carry McGregor to a good match, more logical people like Kevin Owens and his prize fighter gimmick, or Sami Zayn wanting to defend the honour of wrestling. People who wouldn't dwarf McGregor and make it look competitive and interesting for the fans.

IS McGregor the most talked about athlete in combat sports this decade? I think a better case could be made for Mayweather holding this title! McGregor is one loss away from irrelevance. Mayweather is already a legend.

As for unfinished business? This is professional wrestling! There is no such thing as finished business! Mayweather doesn't like the Big Show, and Big Show wants revenge. That's all the unfinished business you need to justify a wrestling match! (In fact Mayweather guest hosted a Raw after wrestlemania, during which he interfered in a Big Show match, causing him to lose).

As for Floyd's domestic issues? So far in the past as to be irrelevant to the WWE. Otherwise why would WWE have put a convicted rapist into their Hall Of Fame in 2012.

Brock Lesnar is too big to appear in this angle?! This isn't a curtain opener, this is one of the main matches on the card! No other match featured would get any where near the media attention that this match would get. Having Mayweather in it is enough to push this to the top of anticipated matches.
    So Brock turns on Mayweather in the match only to then turn on Big Show. So Brock comes in as a heel, turns face and helps Show beat up Floyd to once again turn heel all in the process of losing his heat while being beaten by a guy that is retiring.....OKIE DOKIE.

Brock turning on Mayweather doesn't make him a face. Brock is Brock. He fights heels one ppv (like the Wyatts at WWE Roadblock) and faces the next (Ambrose at Mania). And Heyman is right there on mic to explain for anybody who doesn't realise that Brock is his own man.

Lesnar losing all his heat after one loss in a Battle Royal? Have you ever watched wrestling before?! It takes more than one loss for someone to lose their heat, especially when it comes in the form of an over the top rope battle royal.

The Andre The Giant Memorial Trophy might be a bit of an irrelevant trophy, what it is though, is a nice way to book end Show's career. When he started off in WCW he was billed as the son of Andre The Giant. Not only that but it's a good way to set events in motion.

What it comes down to is this.

Do you want to see a bad remake of Mayweather v Big Show, except this time with McGregor celebrating to a booing crowd as Big Show lays prone and bloody in the ring.

Or, Big Show, standing triumphant with the Andre The Giant Memorial Trophy, saying goodbye to the fans, the fans thanking him for the pleasure he has brought.

Big Show deserves leave on a plus note. He has worked hard for the fans, he has put other wrestlers over time and again, he has put celebrities over time and again. In his last match he deserves to go over.

• Advertisement

Big Show deserves leave on a plus note. He has worked hard for the fans, he has put other wrestlers over time and again, he has put celebrities over time and again. In his last match he deserves to go over.

Im gonna start with this as it seems to be the main crux of your argument for why your idea is better. And I hate to be the one to tell you this but its just plain wrong. Its his last ever match (in theory) so therefore he should 1000% be putting somebody else over! And the only way Show gets a top of the bill match at WrestleMania is in the scenario I laid out. The Andre Battle Royal is lucky to get a main card slot nevermind a main event slot. I agree he has worked hard and put people over time and again because thats what he is best at! You build the Big Show so he can be beaten! And I reiterate he should without a doubt put somebody else, in this case Conor over in his last match.
    One man's homage is another man's rip off. This is Big Show's last match, we don't want to see the same thing we saw before when he was younger, fitter, and leaner!

And for me that's one of the two biggest problems with your answer. It's all a repeat of what's gone before.

The other biggest problem .... even worse than the repeated notes and "homages" ... Show's bloodied body laying in the ring at the end of the match as Conor McGregor celebrates around him.

Not a rip off and I take issue with that being said. Like I said there are certain spots which would be call backs to the most famous match in Shows career. Long time fans love call backs like that. Also because the original Mayweather match was a success its the obvious match to use as a template for the match with Conor. Not seeing the issue at all here, its just common sense and smart booking.

Show could sell on the outside while Conor has his moment for the mainstream press, magazines etc to capture and then Show could have his moment to bow and wave to the fans. Again not seeing the problem here.
    This is wrong! When people think about the end of Ric Flair's career, what comes to mind first is Shawn Michael's emotional "I love you, I'm sorry" before delivering a sweet chin music to Flair. Then, after that maybe we'll think about the Flair's' Raw special. But probably not.

Those are my two biggest issues. But not my only ones. We get to see videos of McGregor getting Pro Wrestling training from the likes of ... Josh Barnett, Don Frye, and Taz?! Barnett's and Frye's wrestling experience is mostly limited to Japan ... fans wouldn't have a clue who they are or why they're relevant. Taz? At least he's a pro wrestler that some might recognise, and I guess unlike most pro wrestlers he won't tower over McGregor. (I think Finlay would've been a much better option over Taz ..... not that I want to help with some suggestions!)

On the other hand Show gets training from a whole other set of MMA fighter turned wrestlers .. and some fans might even recognise Ken Shamrock ... despite his lack of relevance to either MMA or Pro Wrestling for most of the last decade.

So along with McGregor, WWE has to bring in his SBG entourage ... AND a quite a bunch of former MMA/Pro Wrestling "all stars".

Ok so it will be slightly different than Flair in that fans will forget his last match and they will remember his special send off on Raw or maybe he could use his retirement to swerve turn on Cena again :O But besides Flair and HBK having a memorable last match is a rarity. Who remembers Ultimate Warriors last match or Mr Perfects last match or Macho Man Randy Savage or Bret Hart and so on....

Way to give the fans little credit. Fans are now smarter than ever and are able to find out about ppl within seconds of seeing their names, thanks Google. So having Barnett and Fyre isnt a problem and Im sure WWE would be able to get their hands on footage if they wanted to of both in a pro wrestling match. Taz is well known to fans and would be a "WWE guy" to give Conor tips. Ken Shamrock is a UFC legend! And also a beloved former WWE guy so I have no doubt fans will know who he is.

WWE is a multi million dollar corporation so I have no doubt they will be able to bring in whoever they want.

Now this big moment ... does Big Show connect with both Conor and himself? Or does he stand back at a job well one thinking Conor won't get up for the 10 count?

How or why would Big Show connect with himself? Not really sure what you are saying there. I think its fairly obvious that I said Show hits Conor with the KO Punch. He then expects Conor to be KO'd but Conor defies him and makes it up before the 10 count.
    Mayweather isn't made of glass, this is a move that could be carried out without much risk to him. It's one that looks nasty but is relatively safe! Just look at Moolah getting put through tables in her 70's!

First Moolah is one of the toughest men to have ever lived (Credit to Bubba Dudley for that line) so thats an unfair comparison. Dunno if you have ever been put through a table by a 500lbs man landing on you but I wouldnt call it a relatively safe and risk free move. Plenty could go wrong on that move as we have seen with tables in the past in WWE (Bob Hollys back, table collapsing under weight of Angle leading to a concussion).
    Nothing to damage BS? You are kidding me. Losing to Akebono certainly hurt Show in the eyes of the fans. He had to rebuild that image and that was not easily done. Losing to Mayweather may not have harmed his image ... but losing to McGregor in a very similar match? Of course that will tarnish his image.

There are many more wrestlers who it would make sense to carry McGregor to a good match, more logical people like Kevin Owens and his prize fighter gimmick, or Sami Zayn wanting to defend the honour of wrestling. People who wouldn't dwarf McGregor and make it look competitive and interesting for the fans.

Yes it doesnt damage him as he is retiring. His career is over therefore no damage! You use the last of Shows aura to build Conor so when he returns somebody with some upside gets the rub from defeating Conor. Again logical booking.

Again you dont know if these guys mentioned could carry Conor to a good match as Conor isnt a pro wrestler. And this is my point the match against Big Show is a spectacle, an event, a must see moment! Not just another 3* Kevin Owens match and I love Kevin Owens. Hell Kevin Owens could be the guy to build up to beat Conor the following year!
    Brock turning on Mayweather doesn't make him a face. Brock is Brock. He fights heels one ppv (like the Wyatts at WWE Roadblock) and faces the next (Ambrose at Mania). And Heyman is right there on mic to explain for anybody who doesn't realise that Brock is his own man.

Lesnar losing all his heat after one loss in a Battle Royal? Have you ever watched wrestling before?! It takes more than one loss for someone to lose their heat, especially when it comes in the form of an over the top rope battle royal.

So Brock is Brock, and his own man yet gets involved with Mayweather anyway? Why? Just for sh ts and giggles? Just to prove hes his own man? Still not seeing the logic in that.

The bolded part just proves my point really. Big Show has very little value nowadays so you use whatever he has left to establish Conor. One loss is no big deal, right?!
    What it comes down to is this.

Do you want to see a bad remake of Mayweather v Big Show, except this time with McGregor celebrating to a booing crowd as Big Show lays prone and bloody in the ring.

Or, Big Show, standing triumphant with the Andre The Giant Memorial Trophy, saying goodbye to the fans, the fans thanking him for the pleasure he has brought.

I know what I want. I want to see Big Show in a main event advertised match up put over somebody with some value in the hope that it will make the company more money down the road. Big Shows career is all about establishing others, so why should his retirement be any different?

Or you know he could win a meaningless trophy, in a match containing bigger more relevant stars than he is and oh yeah he has already won this trophy and it meant nothing that time too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

POLL UP GUYS! GET VOTING

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Poll bump

Advertisement