Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random deposit

Options
  • 15-08-2016 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Checked my bank account this morning (payday) and my pay was perfect as usual.

However I noticed I had an extra €100 in my account and found a deposit from last week dated the 09/08/16.
    The only information given was the Originators Name which wasn't a person's name (maybe a company), which I didn't recognise and couldn't get any information by googling it, and a Payment Reference which was just a string of random letters and numbers.

A hashed Payee IBAN matches the last for digits of my IBAN and the Payee Name is my name minus the spaces. Just wondering where I stand on this?

I have logged a query through 365online (however I was waiting nearly a week the last time I did this) as I'm in work and can't afford to be waiting on hold to talk to someone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon Monaco1989, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us and welcome to Boards.ie. 

Would you have been expecting a payment or credit from anyone or any company? Or perhaps, could this be a refund due to you from a company for return of goods? Without account access here, it would be difficult for us to ascertain the origin of this credit. However, you're mentioned that you've sent a secure message via the online service desk. Our reps should get back to you within 3 working days and will be happy to clarify the origin of this. 

If we can help with anything else here, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Monaco1989

Good Afternoon Monaco1989, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us and welcome to Boards.ie. 

Would you have been expecting a payment or credit from anyone or any company? Or perhaps, could this be a refund due to you from a company for return of goods? Without account access here, it would be difficult for us to ascertain the origin of this credit. However, you're mentioned that you've sent a secure message via the online service desk. Our reps should get back to you within 3 working days and will be happy to clarify the origin of this. 

If we can help with anything else here, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine 
    Not expecting any payment or refunds from anywhere. Could you advise me about the status of this money? As I have a few standing orders I wouldn't want this to be inadvertently be taken if it was sent in error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Monaco1989, 

Unfortunately, as we don't have account access here, we would be unable to check the status of this credit. If you require an answer today, you can call our customer service team on 0818 365 365 / +353 1404 4000 and a rep will be happy to help you with this. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement