Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boy's name pronounced in both English and Spanish

Options
  • 15-08-2016 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,
    My Spanish husband and I (Irish) are expecting a baby boy in a few months time and we're looking for a name that can be easily recognised/pronounced by both our families and friends. So names with a "J" are usually out. Unfortunately, our little boy already has some first cousins called Nicolas, David, Conor, which are all great names!!

Has anyone been in the same boat as us? All suggestions welcome. Here's what we've got so far (that we like)
    Daniel
    Liam
    Leon
    Tomas
    Theo

Thanks in advance for your help :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Not the same situation as you but my son is called Sebastian which I'm fairly sure would be easily recognised in both country, it is here anyway.

The names on your list are all lovely names by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I was in the same except German/Irish.

Went with a name that in its short form is pronounced and spelled the same in both languages but is different in its long form. We just call him by the short version except when he is in trouble :D

For the next one, we went with a name that is pronounced the same in both languages even though it spelled differently in the 2 languages. For some reason we went with the English spelling even though we will be always living in Germany. Can't remember why we did that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Patrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Nathan
    Noah
    Carl (os)
    Issac
    Eli (elijah maybe )
    I'm not sure if tthey actually work or not, the names you listed in op are all lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Rafa / Rafael

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

gbpirate wrote:
    Has anyone been in the same boat as us? All suggestions welcome. Here's what we've got so far (that we like) Daniel Liam Leon Tomas Theo

Joackim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

Jordi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Juan, there can only be one Mata!

I do think it is a nice forename by the way

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Mohammed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 peckdunn

Harry

• Advertisement
Advertisement