Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Ideas for 16 day Road trip

Options
  • 15-08-2016 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Originally had a 30 day trip planned.
    Drive from NYC -> Phil/wash/Memphis -> N.O -> Tampa/Miami/Keys then up the east coast back to NYC.

Now I only have 16 days for a Road trip. I'm looking for east coast ideas. Would like to put a lot of miles under the belt.
    Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I'd be tempted to stick with NYC -> Phil/wash/Memphis -> N.O

just fly home from NO

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Thanks Risky.

If not east coast we're heading west in to LAX and basically doing a loop from LA ->SD -> Tucson ->Page -> Las Vegas.

If we have the time then up to Reno -> SF then back down to LAX and home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

If you're looking to get as many miles in as possible I'd do the west. The scenery is so much more dramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

jme2010 wrote: »
    Thanks Risky.

If not east coast we're heading west in to LAX and basically doing a loop from LA ->SD -> Tucson ->Page -> Las Vegas.

If we have the time then up to Reno -> SF then back down to LAX and home.

yes Vegas to San Fransisco via Yosemite would be a great trip

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Riskymove wrote: »
    yes Vegas to San Fransisco via Yosemite would be a great trip

Absolutely.

I keep tweaking the itinerary.

Looks like after Vegas it's death valley and a night in Yosemite then on to SF for a night or two and down the coast back to LA.

• Advertisement
Advertisement