Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

public liability insurance sole trader

Options
  • 15-08-2016 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all. I work in Ireland & UK as a freelance manager for catering companies- showing up for 2/3 day events at a time. I now have to start invoicing uk companies (previously got paid through their irish divisions, covering paye etc as an employee). I am now being asked to provide my own public liability for 1 uk company- my query being that as I work under their management structure, with their staff and on their premises and only provide my services- not product, equipment etc- is this a normal request- and also if I would actually be liable for anything.
    My other important question, anybody know where I could get cheap public liability insurance?!
    Thanks for any responses

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

Does sound rather odd to me, a jobsworth doing some a$$-covering?. However, I would ask them to specify the full details of the cover they wish you to have in place and the risks they need to have covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Hi all. I work in Ireland & UK as a freelance manager for catering companies- showing up for 2/3 day events at a time. I now have to start invoicing uk companies (previously got paid through their irish divisions, covering paye etc as an employee). I am now being asked to provide my own public liability for 1 uk company- my query being that as I work under their management structure, with their staff and on their premises and only provide my services- not product, equipment etc- is this a normal request- and also if I would actually be liable for anything.
    My other important question, anybody know where I could get cheap public liability insurance?!
    Thanks for any responses
    1. Unless their PLI is very unique, it should have cover you and you shouldn't need their own, ask for clarification from the company.
    2. MAST are very good for insurance for the catering trade

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

Can't see a market traders insurance policy covering non-trading hired help!

Advertisement