Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Broadband Availability

Options
  • 15-08-2016 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm a bit confused as conflicting information I am getting from several Eir websites. When I do a line check on eir.ie it says my phone line isn't enabled etc. However on Eirs commercial website I can my exchange has been live for a couple of months now. This is the link I've used: http://fibrerollout.ie/2016-06-22000-fibre-premises-added/.

Is Eir sitting on a lot of potential exchanges they aren't selling products on yet or is the fibrerollout website lying about the state of the exchange upgrade? I would rather select a fibre option over wireless any day and I need to make a decision soon.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Branch wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm a bit confused as conflicting information I am getting from several Eir websites. When I do a line check on eir.ie it says my phone line isn't enabled etc. However on Eirs commercial website I can my exchange has been live for a couple of months now. This is the link I've used: http://fibrerollout.ie/2016-06-22000-fibre-premises-added/.

Is Eir sitting on a lot of potential exchanges they aren't selling products on yet or is the fibrerollout website lying about the state of the exchange upgrade? I would rather select a fibre option over wireless any day and I need to make a decision soon.

Thanks.
    Hi Branch,

Thanks for getting in touch. 
    What exchange are you viewing online? I'm afraid not all customers will be able to avail of the service.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Branch

Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi Branch,

What exchange are you viewing online? I'm afraid not all customers will be able to avail of the service.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Its Lattin exchange (LAN1_E01 on the map reference). However when looking at the map it does show a blue line showing where the fibre broadband will cover. Can you confirm please.

Thanks,
    Dermot 

Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi Branch,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Its Lattin exchange (LAN1_E01 on the map reference). However when looking at the map it does show a blue line showing where the fibre broadband will cover. Can you confirm please.

Thanks,
    Dermot 
    LAN1_E01 is the cabinet Dermot, this is now live.
    The blue lines are the efibre to the home service, open eir's efibre to the home service will be deployed between the dates 2017-2020.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Branch

Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi Branch,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks,
    Dermot 
    The blue lines are the efibre to the home service, open eir's efibre to the home service will be deployed between the dates 2017-2020.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

thanks for confirming. So what you're saying is the blue lines are a seperate project which is fibre to the home rather than fibre to the cabinet and due for completion with the above dates?

Thanks,
    Dermot.

Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi Branch,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks,
    Dermot 

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

thanks for confirming. So what you're saying is the blue lines are a seperate project which is fibre to the home rather than fibre to the cabinet and due for completion with the above dates?

Thanks,
    Dermot.
    This is correct Branch,
    You can view further information on the efibre service here http://fibrerollout.ie/faqs/

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement