Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting accomadation for UCC

Options
  • 15-08-2016 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm starting in UCC in September and am struggling to find affordable accomadation within walking distance of the campus. Would really appreciate any suggestions/ recommendations, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭CZ 453

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭hotmatottie10

http://ie.easyroommate.com/

try there you might have some luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Nellexoxo wrote: »
    I'm starting in UCC in September and am struggling to find affordable accomadation within walking distance of the campus. Would really appreciate any suggestions/ recommendations, thanks :)

If you're having trouble searching the web for accommodation then spelling could be a factor ;-)

Anyway if you're living around Cork then might be no harm to go to the accommodation office on college road, check notice boards there and around campus. And don't rule out digs either, I had a room in an old wans house in my first year and it was grand. You could stay in and be guaranteed a quiet evening or you could head out and be as social as you like, it was handy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

CZ 453 wrote: »

What's the middle one there? I can't get it to open. Trying to help someone looking for a place near UCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

If you're having trouble searching the web for accommodation then spelling could be a factor ;-)

Anyway if you're living around Cork then might be no harm to go to the accommodation office on college road, check notice boards there and around campus. And don't rule out digs either, I had a room in an old wans house in my first year and it was grand. You could stay in and be guaranteed a quiet evening or you could head out and be as social as you like, it was handy.

Is the digs option a full week or would there be any interest in Sunday to Friday for students that go home at Weekend's?

• Advertisement

dory wrote: »
    What's the middle one there? I can't get it to open. Trying to help someone looking for a place near UCC.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1700273420257096/

Colser wrote: »
    Is the digs option a full week or would there be any interest in Sunday to Friday for students that go home at Weekend's?

That is up to what you agree with the owner/occupier/family. That may suit some owners. I don't know would it save you money but it is entirely down to negotiation.

Advertisement