Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow cooked lentil ragu

Options
  • 15-08-2016 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

I make a lentil ragu and it's pretty nice, but I have heard liver in such a dish is nice.

But what's the best approach to this, cook the lentils as I normally do, and add in cooked liver. Or maybe put in raw liver during the last 30 minutes of cooking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I love liver and there are quite a few meaty ragu recipes which incoroporate liver. Have a look at the ragu for the Cooking Club Lasagne.
    Personally I would make your usual lentil ragu and then flash fry and add liver slices just before serving. That should result in the best taste and texture.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

I've only heard of chicken livers being added. Here's an example on the BBC site from Delia:
    www. bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/anauthenticragubolog_66229 (there's an extra space in that).

She adds them before the long simmering. I assume they disappear.

Advertisement