Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card block and card in credit

Options
  • 15-08-2016 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi, 

I am going on holidays and need to rent a car. This needs a block placed on my credit card for €1300. I currently have a limit of €800. Can I credit €500 to my account to bring the total funds available to €1300 to facilitate the block? As this is technically over my credit limit, will the card company have any problems with doing this?

Thanks, 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning Buddly, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

Yes, you can certainly place your credit card in credit for this purpose. To do this you'll need to ensure that your balance is zero. Once you transfer or lodge the extra funds to your credit card, this will increase your spending power on the card itself. Just to mention any use of the card after this will decrease the funds available to you. 

The company should not experience any difficulty processing this transaction however, we would suggest that you place a note on your account to confirm that you'll be using your card for car hire and for this amount as it would probably be outside of your usual pattern of spend. 

To do this, just call 0818 251 251 where a representative will be happy to note this for you. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. I hope you have a lovely trip. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement