Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerwasher for rent/borrow

Options
  • 15-08-2016 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I'm looking to rent or borrow a powerwasher for just a few hours to clean off my balcony. Any ideas where I can get one (or anyone here have one?)

Thanks!

Nick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ring Woodies and B&Q. I know B&Q rent out carpet cleaners so maybe other stuff too.

If in no hurry check Aldi/Lidl for their deals on power washers, they're handy for car/patio/whatnot anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

We were in Argos yesterday - they have a nice karcher (ex display) with a tiny scratch on the front reduced to 89 euro. No idea if this is a good deal or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

dilallio wrote: »
    We were in Argos yesterday - they have a nice karcher (ex display) with a tiny scratch on the front reduced to 89 euro. No idea if this is a good deal or not.

try and get a nilfisk. the basic karchers arent great.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 twiga

Thanks for the feedback!

Looks like I can get one for a day from Samhire for €35, or buy the Karcher for €90. The first is probably a better idea, given I'll only use it once a year (then have to store it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I'd be in the same boat as your twiga. Handy thing to own, but my tiny garden shed can only hold so many ALDI power tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

aldi westside have ones for 60 euros, you'd be mad to rent one for 35, there pretty compact too.

They're 45 at Aldi Westside now! Was there and had to buy it (only 10 euro more than renting)....Now I have to find somewhere to keep it... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

twiga wrote: »
    They're 45 at Aldi Westside now! Was there and had to buy it (only 10 euro more than renting)....Now I have to find somewhere to keep it... :/

Plus now you can be the good samaritan and lend it to someone else in need. ;)

Can indeed! Will try it out this weekend. Hopefully good quality.

• Advertisement
Advertisement