Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power to shed 60m away

Options
  • 15-08-2016 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi All

I am looking to get some power to shed being built, problem is, its about 60m away with a feild inbetween it and the shed. I would have to dig a trench either way, would swa or ducting be better. What size cable would be recommended, and would it go onto a 50amp neozed fuse on the main board?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

Hi All

I am looking to get some power to shed being built, problem is, its about 60m away with a feild inbetween it and the shed. I would have to dig a trench either way, would swa or ducting be better. What size cable would be recommended, and would it go onto a 50amp neozed fuse on the main board?
    I'm not an electrician but for a proper answer you need to give details on proposed shed size, lighting and number of sockets, intended use i.e general storage, light diy, welding etc

• Registered Users Posts: 45 readymix111

Just mainly a few sockets and lighting, its a fairly big shed, prob a welder would be the biggest thing, wouldnt be running a whole lot of it all at once

Advertisement