Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Alarm Going Off at Random

Options
  • 15-08-2016 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Hey folks,

Have a HKC alarm in our house, about 2 months ago we had the alarm activated, around 3.30am the alarm goes off full blast, scared the sh*t out of me I ran down with a pole as a weapon lol, checked the place out, everything thing was fine so I turned it back on and went back to bed, again at 6.30am the same night it goes off again, saying zone 2 Front window, it was bright at this time so I found it hard to believe someone would come back twice because we are surrounded by Gaurds in our area and have houses across from us. Anyway, left the alarm off, back to bed and everything was fine.

Since then I have continued using the alarm every night and all good, until last night it goes off again at 6.15am, again frightens the life out of me, I leg it down with my Pole again lol, it says zone 2 front window, it was kind of bright out, checked the place and all was fine, so my question is, does my alarm seem faulty? Has anyone had an issue like this? Is there an easy way to test the alarm other than getting someone out to check it?

Thanks in advance for any advice or help :)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You have a faulty sensor or contact on zone 2 .
    How many devices are on that zone?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Not contacts anyway, has like 2 small white box's on both sides, maybe vibration sensors? Sorry I don't know alot about alarms.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Could be one or both of those faulty. You would need to check the resistance on that whole zone to to be sure. Do you have a multimeter?
    You could also chance just changing both of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

If there's a strong wind, it can set these off. We've had similar issues and need to leave the alarm off if it seems windy outside. Kind of defeats the purpose of it!

Wind should not be an issue unless you have a faulty device or the zone is not configured correctly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement