Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

planning for stables with groom accommodation

• 16-08-2016 4:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

It seems to be a fairly common thing in the UK and it was a building in the UK I saw online awhile back that gave me the idea. I was thinking about buying some cheap upland grazing land possibly in county kerry at some point. I was thinking about building a 2 story construction with stables at the bottom and storage at the top (not unusual in other places) and at the other end of the upper level I was thinking it would be handy to have basic accommodations for if I need to stay there for the night (sick horse, foaling etc) would planning permission allow for this?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Planning required.

Mod note: we won't be discussing ways of circumventing the requirements of planning

Please read the forum charter http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055036302

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It seems to be a fairly common thing in the UK and it was a building in the UK I saw online awhile back that gave me the idea. I was thinking about buying some cheap upland grazing land possibly in county kerry at some point. I was thinking about building a 2 story construction with stables at the bottom and storage at the top (not unusual in other places) and at the other end of the upper level I was thinking it would be handy to have basic accommodations for if I need to stay there for the night (sick horse, foaling etc) would planning permission allow for this?

it would be considered a new dwelling so would have to comply with all the requirements for rural housing in that area, including local needs, effluent disposal, entrance sight lines, site area, design and citing etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Angry bird

Advise to seek a pre planning meeting with the planners for the area.

Advertisement