Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VodaFone - Pay as you go/ handset question . . . .

Options
  • 16-08-2016 6:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭

So with the current exchange rate its very tempting to purchase a Smart Platinum7 (Exclusive to Vodafone) online from Vodafone UK, but will it work here on the Vodafone.ie network?

I guess the answer is yes, so I might as well save twenty or thirty Euro & buy it online from Vodafone UK, right . . . .

I mention the Smart 7, but I guess my question relates to all 'Vodafone only' handsets, and whether or not one bought from Vodafone.co.uk will work on the Vodafone.ie network? > the exchange rate its very tempting.

Or might there be a hitch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

LordSutch wrote: »
    So with the current exchange rate its very tempting to purchase a Smart Platinum7 (Exclusive to Vodafone) online from Vodafone UK, but will it work here on the Vodafone.ie network?

I guess the answer is yes, so I might as well save twenty or thirty Euro & buy it online from Vodafone UK, right . . . .

I mention the Smart 7, but I guess my question relates to all 'Vodafone only' handsets, and whether or not one bought from Vodafone.co.uk will work on the Vodafone.ie network? > the exchange rate its very tempting.

Or might there be a hitch?
    It will need to be unlocked from Vodafone uk to use it on any other network(Vodafone Irl).

Looking on ebay unlock codes don't seem to be available so I don't think buying from the uk would be a runner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

So I rang Vodafone again today just for a different take on the Smart 7, and apparently UK phones are locked into the UK network via the sim card technology, same goes for the Vodafone ROI phones (which won't work with UK sim cards). So I can only buy the ROI phone to work with an ROI sim card ....

Interesting.

Advertisement