Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

racing shoe similar to/cheaper than Mizuno Hitogami

Options
  • 16-08-2016 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hey guys.

So I wear Mizuno Hitogami (used to be called Wave something) and they've worked out great the last good while but... they are not cheap compared to most other racing shoes and are certainly not ever in any sale compared to Asics, Brooks and the like.

Any recommendation what's a similar racing shoe to try out?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Hey guys.

So I wear Mizuno Hitogami (used to be called Wave something) and they've worked out great the last good while but... they are not cheap compared to most other racing shoes and are certainly not ever in any sale compared to Asics, Brooks and the like.

Any recommendation what's a similar racing shoe to try out?

Thanks

Wiggle have 3's for £54, how little are you expecting to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Running Fool

Ah cool.

I have no issue spending a regular amount, I don;t expect a pair for E20. But the Mizunos are always way up around 100 or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Ah cool.

I have no issue spending a regular amount, I don;t expect a pair for E20. But the Mizunos are always way up around 100 or more.

Have you tried Puma Faas 300V4, starting to run low on stock now, but can be picked up either side of £30, worth a punt at that price and a few fans on here. I've worn them on every thing from a short recovery run to a marathon.

http://pricespy.co.uk/product.php?p=2891085

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Last time I road-tested a load of shoes in Amphibian King in Ballymount, the shoes that seemed most alike and which I also liked, were the Hitogamis and the Saucony Kinvara 4s. I bought a pair of each, and while I liked both, the Hitogamis wore out quicker. The Kinvaras are up to their 7th or 8th iteration now, but you can get 5/6s on www.shoesdirect.com for £55. I haven't looked for Hitogamis, but every chance they have them as well.

Advertisement