Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint account

Options
  • 16-08-2016 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I have a BOI account. My girlfriend has an AIB one.

I want to set up a joint account with BOI and will call to the branch to do this. But, can I keep my current account number etc for the joint account or do we need a whole new account?

I am thinking about standing orders, direct debits etc...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

limerick85 wrote: »
    I have a BOI account. My girlfriend has an AIB one.

I want to set up a joint account with BOI and will call to the branch to do this. But, can I keep my current account number etc for the joint account or do we need a whole new account?

I am thinking about standing orders, direct debits etc...
    Hi limerick85, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

Yes you will need to open a new Joint account as it is not possible to add someone on to your existing sole account. Just to mention, it is also possible to open a joint account through our website here, without having to call into your local branch. Simply click on the Apply Now button on the top of the page. You can still keep your existing sole account open if you wish. 

If you would like to book an appointment for your branch to open this account, please see here.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭limerick85

Thanks Sarah

I called the online 365 team and they said I had to call into the branch to get this set up but I will try the online option you recommended

Advertisement