Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AND THE NEW PW MODERATOR IS.....!

• 16-08-2016 10:31am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Our long time moderator Gimmick has decided to stand down from his post. Firstly we would like to thank him for all his work and contributions to the forum during that time but I would also like to highlight that he has said that will continue to post on the forum which is good to know as the guy has been a top poster for even longer than he has been a mod.

So whats with the thread ?

Well outside the potential for a Gimmick appreciation thread we are now looking for a new moderator so if your interested in the post much like Teddy Long, Vickie Guerrero & co did for the SD general Manager's position, we wanna hear your pitch for the job.

So if you think you can start a 'New Era' of Moderation here on the PW forum then give us a promo / pitch now :pac:

O and play nice Peeps Gimmicks not been Demodded yet andI'm sure he is just itching to go out with a controversial banning :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ill throw my hat into the squared circle (ring)

Sorry to hear about Gimmick. A fine mod he was, fairly sound dude and fairly fair in his moderation of the forum. He shall be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just shy of 7 years, which in modding terms is a lifetime. The only mods in this forum to do the job longer are BH and bombidol. Jay will not doubt pass me out in the not so distant future.

I was posting here about 6 years prior to being a mod. I had seen some mods come and go. Some sound, some (and one in particular) complete drama queens who made the job seem like a complete pain in the hole. I said I would give it a go when asked and was surprised to see that the job was actually quite pleasant. Sure there were issues and like in any forum about any topic there will be muppets, but nothing which caused any real life stress.

In the years I have been involved with the others, mainly BH and jay, I think we have grown this forum something massive. I looked at a WM thread from a previous era and it barely has 50 posts. Now, with our pre, live and aftermath threads there are at least 1500 posts in each of them now as well as various other topics, this is a very busy forum.

This is an easy going forum with some great posters who really know their stuff. Its rare someone comes in and is disrespectful, and when that happens he either does not last long or takes a step back and realises the approach does not work. Again, this was not something which happened in previous eras.

So in conclusion, I would like to thank the posters of this forum for making the job of a PW mod a pretty easy one.

And obviously I want to thank the other 2 horsemen in BH and Jay for helping at all times too.

Whoever the new mod is, I hope you last as long as I did here.

Goodbye and Good Luck

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Thanks gimmick.

I second joes nomination (albeit nominated by himself). He's well suited to modding provided he realises with his young child how it can be a time committing thing.

If that don't work I reckon its time for a brand split!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I have been here since the days of this place being a clusterf*ck and throughout the Iron Fist of Orestes! Regaular poster and lurker - I'll defo throw my hat in the ring for consideration!

As an aside - fair play Gimmick you did a great job!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

There are plenty of good potential mods posting regularily on here and although this thread may not determine who may be chosen as the next mod it is a good way to indicate you could be interested in taking on such a role. I would however ask people don't suggest others or second their nominations (no issue that it was already done) as we don't want this to become a popularity contest especially as we may not choose the most popular or at least most suggested poster.

What Gimmick says is true though, this forum is nothing like it used to be and the job of modding it likewise is so much better than it could have been in the past (in no small part to good moderation from people like himself and others gone), if anyone has an interest don't hesitate to put your name in the mix as it's not a bad gig :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

There are plenty of good potential mods posting regularily on here and although this thread may not determine who may be chosen as the next mod it is a good way to indicate you could be interested in taking on such a role. I would however ask people don't suggest others or second their nominations (no issue that it was already done) as we don't want this to become a popularity contest especially as we may not choose the most popular or at least most suggested poster.

What Gimmick says is true though, this forum is nothing like it used to be and the job of modding it likewise is so much better than it could have been in the past (in no small part to good moderation from people like himself and others gone), if anyone has an interest don't hesitate to put your name in the mix as it's not a bad gig :)

Oops.

In that case I propose a brand split :-)

Ya didn't mean to turn it into a popularity contest. Sure we would all be awesome mods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,872 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have been a part of a few wrestling forums over the year, and this has been by far my favorite, and thats in large part down to the moderation. Really do hope you keep posting Gimmick :)

I'd be more than happy to throw the name into the hat for the mods job if the mods want me. Any way I can help this community, I will and I'm sure the Soccer job has prepared me adequately :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'll gladly throw my hat in for this, after taking the PW Boards CM Punk 'Best In The World Award' (Best Poster) last year, I did say I'd want to go one step further and this is said step, plus it's one of the best forums on Boards due to camaraderie between posters..

Obviously should I be lucky enough, I'll be fair & tough when and if it'll needed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I'd also gladly throw my name into the proverbial hat. I love this forum and the lads and lassies on here are all top class genuine wrestling fans. Hopefully the forum continues to grow no matter who is made a Mod and gets some more regular posters as differing opinions and new voices is exactly what a forum is all about.

• Advertisement

BH, Jay.... powers that be, one thing is for sure you cant really make a wrong choice. Of the regular posters on here, we are all good lads.

I wonder if Gimmick threw the towel in after his viewing of The Shield (tv show, not Seth and co) came to an end and realised nothing else mattered :

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Ye should totally swerve everyone and bring back as the secret mod.

:pac:

No real opinion on it, not interested myself but of the ones nominated I'd second Grames_Bond because he is a true wrasslin fan or LTSC because being a soccer forum regular I see how cool headed he is under sometimes difficult circumstances.

Either or both would be fine additions to the team.

I should also point out that its purely a coincidence that they are both United fans.

>.>

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Thank you Gimmick (clap, clap, clap), you will be missed. :)

I will throw my hat in the ring as well. I don't envy the decision as everyone who's already thrown their name in would make worthy moderators and there a whole list of regular posters here who would also be a great fit.

The PW forum is fortunate to have the trifecta of good atmosphere, intelligent posters and a forum capable of debate without resulting to name calling and mud slinging.

This is all too nice. Somebody needs to go heel and hate on all the other candidates :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Ya didn't mean to turn it into a popularity contest. Sure we would all be awesome mods.

And we all have lovely bottoms?

Thanks for all your work Gimmick.

Of course the obvious way to pick a new mod now would be a Gimmick Battle Royal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'll throw my hat in and my 1st act will be to ban all my rivals ����

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Heath slater?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Cheers for the effort over the years Gimmick and hopefully you'll keep posting. There might not have ever been more reasonable mod teams than Gimmick, BH and Jay. Just very relaxed and it made the forum easy going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Great work over the years Gimmick. You'll be missed!

Seriously great modding through out in PW an we don't really see ye which proves what a great atmosphere ye have created.

Whoever you select has big shoes to fill but the regulars here are good kids and would be well able for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Well done gimmick, thanks for keeping a lid on things in here. PW Boards is mostly a pudding of a forum to participate in, no real sh*tebags or wind up merchants so credit goes to the mods for keeping it that way.

I'll put my name forward for the vacant job here too. I'm here 5 years and think I have a good feel for what the community is all about and would like to help keep it that way if chosen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Wow almost 7 years, Shawn Michaels was still wrestling! Kofi was in a singles push (that Orton killed) and Evan Bourne was still a thing. Thanks so much for your hard work Gimmick, you've left PW in far better shape than you found it :) Without getting too soppy, I'm on other Boards forums and ah damn, it just makes me appreciate what we have here much more!

So this leaves BH on RAW, myself on SD (ah jeez!), so the new guy/gal heading up NXT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Well done to Gimmick and everything you have given the forum!

I'd like to throw my hat in. As you guys are aware, I lurk here daily and check out every single thread, so I'd be fast to spot issues that have cropped up. I've been on the forum for close to a decade so have seen all the things that you guys have ran into and needed to help out with. The law of land is second nature at this stage. Plus I tend to be most active in the Irish threads which are usually a place where trouble can kick up quickly.

I've also plenty of experience modding having modded for the Oxegen forum and Taborama forums up until their closures. Most importantly though, I am wrestling fan first and foremost, and there hasn't been a point in my life that I wasn't watching wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Thanks gimmick for all the hard work....

I've absolutely no experience in being a mod..... im actually no quiet sure on what there is to do.... I dont comment on every post but I read all and love Pro Wrestling.... But i would like to put my name in - although there are much stronger candidates than myself - that will give you better examples of what and how they do things here on boards.... but it would not be for the want of effort or time on my part to continue on from where Gimmick has left off....

Come on its time to....... Make Nasty Crash Great Again.....

P.S. Im not sure when i was great before......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'll do it if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

A shame to see Gimmick step down as a moderator. I haven't been a member as long as many people on here, but it is one of the best modded forums on boards, so very appreciative all the work that is put in.

I'll put my name forward.

Joined boards 12 years ago because of the PW forum.

Don't post as much as others but always go through all the threads even if I don't post.

I've seen the dark days of the forum and would like to continue the good work of the mods the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Haven't posted here in a while but sad to see gimmick step down. Top class mod and poster:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Thanks for all your work over the years gimmick an every present here in my time posting in PW.

I'd love to throw my name in the hat.

Don't know what wares I have to sell but I'm constantly here, am involved in most fun PW threads (draft, ATH, Tournaments).

"The Enforcer" Arn Anderson is my role model and I'm such a PW fan I have been barred from every Japanese restaurant in Dublin because I can't help but roar "USA! USA! USA!" two-three minutes after I have taken my seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I'm not really good at this type of thing but I did a drawing.

0IsXOPb.png

Thanks for helping keep this forum an enjoyable place to visit Gimmick. A definite PW Boards Hall of Famer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Many thanks to gimmick. It is indeed a fun forum with some craic and decent chat to be had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

gimmick wrote: »
    Just shy of 7 years, which in modding terms is a lifetime. The only mods in this forum to do the job longer are BH and bombidol. Jay will not doubt pass me out in the not so distant future.

I was posting here about 6 years prior to being a mod. I had seen some mods come and go. Some sound, some (and one in particular) complete drama queens who made the job seem like a complete pain in the hole. I said I would give it a go when asked and was surprised to see that the job was actually quite pleasant. Sure there were issues and like in any forum about any topic there will be muppets, but nothing which caused any real life stress.

In the years I have been involved with the others, mainly BH and jay, I think we have grown this forum something massive. I looked at a WM thread from a previous era and it barely has 50 posts. Now, with our pre, live and aftermath threads there are at least 1500 posts in each of them now as well as various other topics, this is a very busy forum.

This is an easy going forum with some great posters who really know their stuff. Its rare someone comes in and is disrespectful, and when that happens he either does not last long or takes a step back and realises the approach does not work. Again, this was not something which happened in previous eras.

So in conclusion, I would like to thank the posters of this forum for making the job of a PW mod a pretty easy one.

And obviously I want to thank the other 2 horsemen in BH and Jay for helping at all times too.

Whoever the new mod is, I hope you last as long as I did here.

Goodbye and Good Luck

:)
    Are ya packing in boards or just stepping away from modding?

I won't put my name in the hat tho but I will vote for Lord TSC! Great contributor and mod in general

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I volunteer as tribute :pac:

Be a shame to see you stepping away Gimmick, hope you aren't leaving us altogether.

Any update on this?

LeeJM wrote: »
    Any update on this?

Gimmick is being demodded. Thankfully we aren't in any rush to kick him outta the club yet but we have chosen who will take his place but that also needs to be ratified by the admins before it will happen and nobody (even the next mod) will be notified on that until the admins take action.

It's one of those things that goes very slowly until it's instantly all done.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Gimmick is being demodded. Thankfully we aren't in any rush to kick him outta the club yet but we have chosen who will take his place but that also needs to be ratified by the admins before it will happen and nobody (even the next mod) will be notified on that until the admins take action.

Kinda like Pogba coming back to United :pac:

• Advertisement

Damn BH, I was hoping since this is PW Boards after all, that the moderation position story would peter out without an outcome ala many a WWE storyline. (GTV anyone?)

I think there is only one way to settle this, a 1 night Deadly Game style tournament with BH and Jay as the Vince and Shane of the whole deal. Who is their chosen one????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm down! *singing* DEADLY GAME!

I think there is only one way to settle this, a 1 night Deadly Game style tournament with BH and Jay as the Vince and Shane of the whole deal. Who is their chosen one????

Tonight beakerjoe will be playing the role of Duane Gill

beakerjoe wrote: »

Tonight beakerjoe will be playing the role of Duane Gill

At least you would get the best introduction of the night......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I would really like to throw my name into the ring here too.

Although I don't post as much, I'm still there... lurking... looking in on ye.

How is it proposed to choose the new mod? Is there anything to be said for an eating contest of some description?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ahem :pac:

Welcome LORD TSC. Some good names put forward so to rise above that crop you have done well. Good luck in the job. You will find its pretty easy. Certainly a lot easier than your soccer role. Enjoy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thanks :) Pleased to be on board and hope I can continue the tradition of making this forum as awesome as you guys have :)

Felt bad after getting you to be my soccer mod replacement but now I can say.... Welcome to the good side of modding :pac:

There were many many good candidates that we discussed and honestly we would have been happy with any of several different names but tis The Lord who is the new Gimmick!

Congrats to Lord TSC, well deserved. How anyone can mod the soccer forum is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Best man for the job imo... Hence why I nominated him ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Congrats Lord TSC. Was the most logical choice for the gig. Surely now he needs a Gimmick change to Lord Tensai

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Congrats Lord TSC. Great appointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,872 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Thanks :) Pleased to be on board and hope I can continue the tradition of making this forum as awesome as you guys have :)

Congrats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Great one - well done Lord TSC

• Advertisement
Advertisement