Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunting Pants....

Options
  • 16-08-2016 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a hunting pants. I have two pairs, one is very light, nettle's can come through it & the other is too bloody heavy, suitable for a frosty morning alright but no good for the start of the season, it's way too warm.

So I'm looking for a happy medium, not too heavy, not too light. I'm tall too so generally have to go for an XL size but they don't fit just right, is there anything out there that might suit?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

I've just ordered a pair os Steevo's by SWAZI:

https://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/1011-Swazi-Steevos-Pants-Olive/

I have one of their jackets, and if the trousers are anywhere near as good I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Jimbob79

Mate recommended the snickers trousers.Got a pair about a month ago and love them. Wear them walking the pack and pigeon shooting and find them very comfortable. The extra pockets are very handy. They are a bit pricy €100 but got a free t-shirt. If they last money well spent!!

Jimbob.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

German Bundeswehr moleskin fatigue pants.Still one of the best out there.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Thedeerstalker

I bought Harkila Pro Hunter stuff about three years ago...The price broke my heart but I will endorse to to the day I die...Brilliant gear, worth every hard earned penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭brieny1000

I bought the seeland marsh and they are brilliant. Buying a second pair soon as I wear them a lot. Bought them for lying down in wet fields out lamping but use them for everything now. Waterproof/breathable/reinforced . They came recommended by lads on here also . Check out my old post (which trousers?) . Only consider are:: a little noisey if stalking,no back pocket..brace buttons can dig in a bit while sitting..thats being very critical. Highly recommended. I wear snickers work wear every day but wouldn't recommend for shooting. Loads of pockets,knee pads and brill for work but not waterproof.seeland are a few €more than snickers but not much if u price around... buy once ,cry once

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

I bought Harkila Pro Hunter stuff about three years ago...The price broke my heart but I will endorse to to the day I die...Brilliant gear, worth every hard earned penny.

Except the pro hunter jacket ,a E500 rag :mad:,their trousers are the best out their thou .

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kiltris

Out of interest, are any of ye guys tall? Over 6ft... My problem with trying on clothes is I can't seem to find a brand that fits well, I mean if your out stalking you don't want the crotch of your pants down around your knees :)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭allan450

wear braces with them the only job.Go for the seeland marsh.harklia to warm for sept.Iv the pro hunter jacket i wouldnt call it a 500 rag.iv sat for hours in the rain waiting on reds and no leaks.Only around the cuffs

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭KE_MAN

Kiltris wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a hunting pants. I have two pairs, one is very light, nettle's can come through it & the other is too bloody heavy, suitable for a frosty morning alright but no good for the start of the season, it's way too warm.

So I'm looking for a happy medium, not too heavy, not too light. I'm tall too so generally have to go for an XL size but they don't fit just right, is there anything out there that might suit?

Thanks in advance.

Try Jack Pyke Featherlight Trousers. Breathable, waterproof. Used by beaters on big shoots in uk.

KE_MAN wrote: »
    Try Jack Pyke Featherlight Trousers. Breathable, waterproof. Used by beaters on big shoots in uk.

Try also a material called flexothane ( available from Jack Murphy. regatta and Portent). I find these one of the best for breathability and waterproofing, tear proof etc. Available in Green. Have used for Hunting, trekking and golf. Find material far better than expensive alternatives.

Outside of this you are back to old reliable of wax leggings or trousers. Modern expensive alternatives don't stand up to wax for breathability. Even the most expensive alternatives don't give breathability and waterproofing. I have tried them an know. Don't make expensive mistake I have made.

• Advertisement

Have a look at these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IJC53ZS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=38W9L2U6RHBZ&coliid=IRR88Y1DEAMX

Seem good value and good feedback from those engaged in outdoor pursuits :)

Advertisement