Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builder recommendation needed - chimney related

Options
  • 16-08-2016 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭

So there is dampness appearing on a wall in my mothers house and it seems to be coming in through the chimney. It is a very old brickwork chimney (over 100 years old) and it probably needs to be plastered over and sealed up properly. Would anyone know or be able to recommend a builder for this kind of job please?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Hi,

I would highly recommend S.H.L. Chimneys, they dealt with my chimney problem recently - it had to be demolished and rebuilt due to storm damage. Same problem as your mother's place i.e. the water was coming in through the ceiling at top of house but from chimney and not roof. (I'm a 3 floor terraced house).

Both Kenneth the Surveyor and Colin were a pleasure to deal with and I'm now sleeping safely knowing my chimney won't come down - and no more leaks.

The number is (021) 484 2020.

Best of luck,
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rebs23

Check out www.ciri.ie for registered builders.

Advertisement